Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

WOW steve. Those even beat me I think. Your just a little bit deeper. You were longer in the heavier zone just south of Sheffield. Great pics, cant beat it can you :D

Get emailing Hudson, you might get one on Look North later. I would say Dronfield was the sweet spot today :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

Fantastic photos CAPE-Steve. Enjoy! I cant believe the amount of snow in the Sheffield area and we have nothing in Barnsley. I'm more hopeful for this afternoon and overnight given the troughs moving south.

Edited by SouthYorks

Posted

A thin sugar coating this morning, showers never made it across the A1 as usual. Just back from Leeds city centre where it was snowing but not sticking and a cm covering on the eastern outskirts. Not sure about tonights trough, NMM looks good but MetO precip charts looks poor for the whole region.

Nothing on MetO charts. It was shown on the BBC forecast though this morning. It even showed snow on the coast for a time before turning to rain. 

Can't wait for Sunday onwards now. Have you seen the MetO warning? It's unusual to just have the coast in a warning area, especially with snow warning... 

Thanks all. We've got very lucky indeed. Brightening up now as the snow peters out. There will probably be a slight thaw this afternoon during the remaining daylight as temps rise a bit in the sun.

Hopefully a top up overnight but I'm not at all convinced about tonight?

ps, I did email and tweet them to Paul, Winter Cold :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

Haha and this is all we have here :) some fab pics on here :)

post-22978-0-63433100-1422532280_thumb.j

Edited by **SnowPlease**

Posted

New yellow warning issued from METO now for the showers to continue and also mention of that trough tonight, which could put some more down :)

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1422489600&regionName=yh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Nothing on MetO charts. It was shown on the BBC forecast though this morning. It even showed snow on the coast for a time before turning to rain. 

Can't wait for Sunday onwards now. Have you seen the MetO warning? It's unusual to just have the coast in a warning area, especially with snow warning... 

Yes Paul, I saw that on BBC this morning, looked good for my neck of the woods but latest NMM has downgraded it also.

For IMBY I'm not that excited by this weekends Northerly. When the winds are east of north it looks too marginal and when the uppers finally do take a tumble it turns NNW which will keep showers closer to the coast. I'm supposed to be doing 5 mile trail run through Dalby Forest on Saturday evening LOL.

Im looking out for troughs/distrubances Saturday night onwards that could potentially see prolonged periods of snow been pushed further inland. Early next week looks good currently and the winds turn more NNE with kinks in the isobars meaning snow pushing inland, but thats how this weekend looked a few days ago and its gradually been downgraded (for IMBY) so I will remain pessimistic in hope that I will be surprised. A NNW wind for you obviously isnt a problem and its been a while since the coast has seen snow so good luck to you matey!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Been looking at the 'satellite low' (currently to the NW of Scotland) as it seems to be winding up into something? Anyone know if it will be tracking over us this evening?

EDIT: It looks bound for the west coast of scotland and then into eastern Ireland/irish sea. The wind field it drives will pull the wind back around westerly as it approaches and change the track of a lot of that snow currently off the western isles as they sink south and the LP approaches?

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted

Thanks all. We've got very lucky indeed. Brightening up now as the snow peters out. There will probably be a slight thaw this afternoon during the remaining daylight as temps rise a bit in the sun.

Hopefully a top up overnight but I'm not at all convinced about tonight?

ps, I did email and tweet them to Paul, Winter Cold :D

We literally have less than half of the depth you have yet im only about 5 miles down the road, what a difference the hight can make i guess! 

Posted

Few pics, depth is not remarkable here which is strange seems as its been snowing all morning 

There's almost twice as much here. The deepest depths must be quite localised because I'm sure as I was walking home from work there were areas that were at least 10cm. 

• Like 1

Posted

next band not far off leeds now. Progressing south nicely :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Temps up and down here with each sunny spell.  Everything is just slush.  That thin band approaching looks to be broadening a little bit.

A few more pictures. A snow plough has gone down our road a few times to clear it now :)

K4vrIpr.jpg

qY99rup.jpg

You can see the snow plough in this one, on its way back up the road:

iiwjteV.jpg