Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Yep, there is now no snow warning at all down the east coast until Wednesday now. And that's 96 hours away...

As if!! And thats what ive been waiting for!!

Still should catch some snow showers down the coast surely. Maybe just not enough to warrant a snow warning. Very Dissapointing.

Posted

Still should catch some snow showers down the coast surely. Maybe just not enough to warrant a snow warning. Very Dissapointing.

Yep had a horrible feeling this would happen. Just cant get the decent cold in at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

I'm with all you guys on this one, i wish this weather system would just do one...fed up of cold Nly rain, had that all through August on the east coast, after all the promise and hype this cold spell doesn't even warrant being in January atall, need to get that High in later next week and see if can drag the Scandi air eastwards...least we'd have some good frosts then...

• Like 1

Posted

well i must admit the met forecast is way of the mark regarding temps, high of 3c forecast for today and its currently 4.8c, i can see why the chances for snow are running out fast as its just to warm, not holding out hope for the comming week either, chilly week yes, cold and snowy not a chance.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Yes i echo the above comments to be honest. Im not even a fan of sunny weather in winter, all this is doing is beating down all day and slowly eating away at the snow. Up here its 2c and still a little bit of melt going on.

Poor show for a supposed artic northerly. Ive no idea why its so 'warm' from that. All the hype on the model thread and in the media that this is the coldest period of winter or for 2 years is rubbish, certianly for Yorkshire. The spell after the boxing day snow was colder than this, had a good few ice days pretty much and the snow last week before this one lasted better aswell. You would not expect temps above freezing from a direct arctic northerly in Jan/Feb. Crap really!

Snow is disapaearing faster from the forecast everytime i check it, which is gutting. Especialy for people over to the east, I had hoped theyd get to enjoy a few good days. Its now down to Wednesday afternoon, weve just got to hope it doesnt downgrade further. Apart from the threat of the showers wednesday I cannot see any more snow opportunities right until next weekend. What we'll probably end up with is a slow painfull melt and then a return to less cold conditions.

Rubbish! :nonono::angry::aggressive:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

At least I don't have to worry about snow melt here as there is nothing to melt!

It's just the lack of entrenched cold air that is the problem at the moment as we know that with the right synoptics heavy falls of snow can occur right through March and into April as recent years have proved.

Here's hoping for a change of fortunes soon!

Edited by Kentish Snowman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

I'd rather have a warm sunny march like march 2012 than a cold one. Reached 21C in Yorkshire at one point!

Posted

Well I've had 3 very good snow events this winter so it's been decent in South Yorkshire. I've been happy with the cold spell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

Temp 1.4℃ dew point -5

0.℃ now

Edited by Aiden2012

Posted

Not much to complain about regarding this winter, I've had quite a bit of snow and i still have snow laying...i'll put some pics up with this message from todays walk up crow hill near Sowerby Bridge.

post-21790-0-78417900-1422808533_thumb.j

post-21790-0-82890500-1422808603_thumb.j

post-21790-0-38443100-1422808697_thumb.j

post-21790-0-96041200-1422808753_thumb.j

post-21790-0-27162600-1422808843_thumb.j

post-21790-0-37549000-1422808919_thumb.j

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

I'd rather have a warm sunny march like march 2012 than a cold one. Reached 21C in Yorkshire at one point!

yes that was lovely then esp going for walk along beach I'd rather have some milder weather than the rubbish cold rain we've had these last few days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Outside of uni I live in North Herts, we got 8" of snow that month, most in years. Rather that than it be warm and sunny.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, lightning, wind, frost, any extreme

yes that was lovely then esp going for walk along beach I'd rather have some milder weather than the rubbish cold rain we've had these last few days

agree completely to be honest I would rather have last year's wind and rain then this promise of cold snowy conditions that fail to materialise . Is so disheartening seeing the met office put out all the warnings for snow then it all disappears. I should of belived my app weather pro because that's been saying pretty consistently that it would not be very cold. I don't know who to belive any more and now am looking forward to spring because I can't stand cold rain! I am also thinking of planning a trip to iceland in the next year as I think that's the only way I will see any proper snow.

Posted

agree completely to be honest I would rather have last year's wind and rain then this promise of cold snowy conditions that fail to materialise . Is so disheartening seeing the met office put out all the warnings for snow then it all disappears. I should of belived my app weather pro because that's been saying pretty consistently that it would not be very cold. I don't know who to belive any more and now am looking forward to spring because I can't stand cold rain! I am also thinking of planning a trip to iceland in the next year as I think that's the only way I will see any proper snow.

if you go to Iceland you will love it, a beautiful place.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, lightning, wind, frost, any extreme

Go to Norway or Sweden or Finland instead as Iceland doesn't always have snow cover in more populous parts in winter.

Yeah there deffo a option as long as it's not to expensive just want to spend some time in a propper cold environment with lots of snow. Will start looking at prices .

Posted

Been over to Manchester for retail therapy...still a nice amount of snow over Woodhead...noticed Snake Pass was closed and the road over to Holmfirth. Was -2 over the highest point.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Well after my morning grumble I decided to go and find some snow seen as it wasn't coming to me. Did pretty much a full lap of the North York Moors, interesting contrasts between the east and west side, the east side had obviously been affected by the warm sectors over the last few days as there was no snow, not even on the highest peaks. The west side however had faired much better with snow down to 100metres, and significant accumulations over 200m.

Heres a few pics, GRAPHIC WARNING-not for the snow starved!

10951348_10155204303840245_483783751_n.j10967770_10155204303625245_297412316_n.j10957968_10155204303315245_1156661352_n.10968223_10155204238225245_791839292_n.j10961714_10155204237555245_1033408748_n.10965286_10155204231580245_1381952410_n.10721340_10155204230780245_1377581486_n.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Yeah there deffo a option as long as it's not to expensive just want to spend some time in a propper cold environment with lots of snow. Will start looking at prices .

If you want snow, id defo recommend Norway or Sweden. Iceland, despite its name, suffers with the Atlantic the same as the UK does. Its not very snowy. Its mostly just black volcanic rock like the spanish islands. Reykjavic is anyway on the coast. The north of the island gets more snow but those trips are more expensive. Having said that, Iceland is a fantastic place for a visit anyway, with frozen lakes and waterfalls and the northern lighs ovbiously.

Im not trying to put you off, I love the place, but I just didnt want you to go there expecting to see pine trees and deep snow like Norway as its not like that :)

Edited by Winter Cold
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

Another dire winter here so far, the most we've managed is a dusting of snow that's lasted one day. At least it's colder than last winter was.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yes I agree with the recent posts this Northerly despite the hype has produced diddly squat... its been raining all morning and early afternoon... and yesterday was just as bad... where is the darn snow! The pre-run up to the Northerly - the supposedly not-so-cold part, produced more snow.. incredible!

Edited by djrikki

Posted

well, after seeing the updated met office forecast for here there is even less chance of snow than was forecast  morningfor the comming week,this really has been a disappointing coldspell.