Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Looks like a fairly wide and strong area of ppn now approaching the Lancashire coast. Its coming due east atm and its wide enough to get all West and South Yorkshire to me. Leeds and Sheffield looking good for this if it survives the trip inland!

Edited by Winter Cold

Posted

GFS 18z take. South Yorkshire the sweet spot of our region. 3-5hours of moderate snow, probably 5cm-10cm (the higher end with height)

Solid 4 or 5 hours of snow for us if this comes off

Looks like a fairly wide and strong area of ppn now approaching the Lancashire coast. Its coming due east atm and its wide enough to get all West and South Yorkshire to me. Leeds and Sheffield looking good for this if it survives the trip inland!

Yep, that's the key...

post-18014-SURVIVE-gif-RDJ-Tropic-Thunde

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

Got a nice thin dusting here now

• Like 1

Posted

Solid 4 or 5 hours of snow for us if this comes off

Yeah, although at this timeframe i'd stick to the radar. I'll plump for 2-3 hours of moderate snow for South Yorkshire, before clearing away. Widely around 5cm, possibly more on high ground 

Edited by Mark Bayley
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

I have a feeling the whole lot is going to slide to the South and West of us here in Yorkshire.

The Peak District could be in for a period of snow but unless the apparent track of the low changes course I think Yorkshire may just miss out.

I would love to be proved wrong though!

Edited by Kentish Snowman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

I have a feeling the whole lot is going to slide to the South and West of us here in Yorkshire.

The Peak District could be in for a period of snow but unless the apparent track of the low changes course I think Yorkshire may just miss out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

its coming straight east at the mo though, the first bit is. Approaching Manchester now and then us soon :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Yep, I think you're probably right

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

I agree. I think south Sheffield/Chesterfield could be in line again though! Ironic that my work office is in Chesterfield but work from home when snow is forecast!

Looking at the track I think only south Yorkshire to be honest. Outside chance west Yorkshire. Ideally the low would swing a little more eastwards with more precip pepping up over the Irish sea.

Posted

Looks to me like the bulk to the south west of Scotland is weakening dramatically. There's a heavy line heading this way but it looks like it'd only give half an hour or so of snow.

Edited by Static Prevails

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I get the distinct impression North Lincolnshire has no chance tonight.

Looks to me like the bulk to the south west of Scotland is weakening dramatically. There's a heavy line heading this way but it looks like it'd only give half an hour or so of snow.

Remember that heavy line you mention started off rather meekly before it crossed the Irish Sea.

Posted

Remember that heavy line you mention started off rather meekly before it crossed the Irish Sea.

That's true, I'm just getting a little anxious haha. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. :)

That's true, I'm just getting a little anxious haha. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. :)

I have that anxiety too, but I'm hoping the Irish Sea can cook up some decent precip a lá what the NMM thinks.