Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest and Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

i might see you there if it happens, im hoping for a bristol streamer as per i think december 2009!!

i think we might be in the sweet spot, if not longleat it is LOL.

fromey

That December 09 one, during that evening, was a classic!

Edited by Bristle boy
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy

i might see you there if it happens, im hoping for a bristol streamer as per i think december 2009!!

i think we might be in the sweet spot, if not longleat it is LOL.

fromey

I'm on the SW edge of Warminster at around 130 m asl, but further into the Longleat woods the ground is higher (as you sat up to Heavens Gate) and in Dec 2010 there was noticeably more snow here than in the lower parts of Warminster.

Could be fun and games for the University in Bath (close to 200 m asl) on Wed morning.

Posted

I'm on the SW edge of Warminster at around 130 m asl, but further into the Longleat woods the ground is higher (as you sat up to Heavens Gate) and in Dec 2010 there was noticeably more snow here than in the lower parts of Warminster.

Could be fun and games for the University in Bath (close to 200 m asl) on Wed morning.

Sorry cant see the excitement. Do people really there will be a nice blanket of snow? As for sledging.......if you like wet, muddy sledging be my guest.

I am just hoping I see something white falling from the sky this winter!!

and to add, temperatures at 7.30am will be above freezing with any snow melting already.

Edited by MPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy

Sorry cant see the excitement. Do people really there will be a nice blanket of snow? As for sledging.......if you like wet, muddy sledging be my guest.

I am just hoping I see something white falling from the sky this winter!!

Not expecting 6 inches of lovely snow, but after last winters sum total of about 20 mins of flakes falling, the possibility of waking up to even 1-2 cm of wet snow is enough to get me going at this stage. I think the excitement is coming a lot because of what happened last winter (or rather didn't...)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I'd take a snowflake mixed in with the rain after the past 2 years of naf all! as long as it's before midnight, darn council turns the lamp posts off. very inconsiderate :nonono:  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

afternoon folks  :smile:

time for a new thread, me thinks......closing this one shortly, link to follow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

ok, here we go......new thread here --------> https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/82259-south-west-central-southern-england-regional-discussion-1300z-12115/

locking this one now