Southwest and Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Cold lingered here a bit longer than I had expected - the ground was still hard frozen and frost covered in shaded areas yesterday afternoon. Now a balmy 4.5C and quite pleasant when the sun comes out.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

woohoo!.....heavy snow shower here, biiig flakes 

The southwest and cs thread is now back, ready for winter

Dark and generally a grotty day again today  10.7c   Nice to see the thread is open again though so lets look forward to the first month of winter proper and what we can expect to see on average...

Posted Images

Chilly start and a decent frost again this morning. It's sunny out now and milder than it has been lately.

The cloud's gathering to the west though, so that might be it for a while once that gets here.

Edit : Cloud's rolled in now. Milder and mucky... Rubbish.

It's almost time to get on it, so Happy New Year All :)

Edited by jtay

I'm new here but having just purchased Aercus ws3083 weather station I thoughtit would be good to share data. I live at 467 feet in a basen valley on the edge of dartmoor. Last two nights we have had -6.1c and -5.7c. Ice 52mm thick. Generally we have a lot of rain and hill fog & drizzle. Winds, well we have had 54mph on my hand held and 36.5 mph in station devise. Snow well not much since 2010's 9" but when we have blizzards we get cut off with upto 10' drifts. John

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum Dartmorr.

Really interesting to read of the temperature contrasts this morning. It was 1.0c when I went out at 06.30 to do 3 hours of outdoor work but the ground temperature must have been well below freezing as there was a thick hoar frost.

Much milder today with it nearly reaching 9c a few hours ago, 7.4c at present and that may be as low as it goes.

• Like 1

Happy new year to everyone in the southwest and hope 2015 brings happiness and SNOW!!!.

Hope we are all joining in on the fun in the coming couple of months and sharing many photos of need drifting snow ....... Take care and have a lovely evening

• Like 2

A cold start here this morning -4.8c, but temperature soon shot up to a high of 6.2c, then dropping under some clear spells after dusk, before shooting back up once again as thicker cloud spreads in from the West. Currently 4.8c. 

Have a good New Year guys!

Wishing all my Netweather friends a fantastic New Year with all the weather extremes you wish to encounter along the way! Let 2015 be a healthy, peaceful and enjoyable twelve months!

Edited by Iggy912

Welcome to winter 2015. Blowing a hoolie and peeing down. Feel like iv'e been here before. :wallbash:

Yep, the drivers might be different but the end result is all too familiar...

A new year.. same crap weather :nonono:

On a positive I am off in 2 days with it forecast to be a max of -18c by day so shall at last see some winter weather even if it doesn't snow :friends:  

• Like 2