Southwest and Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Local weather forecast suggesting some sleet and snow for higher ground over night just a shame the showers are pushing through at 3am with no chance of settling if it indeed happened.  :fool:

currently 3.1c

Depends how heavy they are. It reminds me of the most wintry set up we had in the whole of last 'winter' when a wet slushy deposit was left briefly on the early morning of Monday 27th January.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

woohoo!.....heavy snow shower here, biiig flakes 

The southwest and cs thread is now back, ready for winter

Dark and generally a grotty day again today  10.7c   Nice to see the thread is open again though so lets look forward to the first month of winter proper and what we can expect to see on average...

Posted Images

Warning on meto site for parts of Gloucestershire for snow/sleet tonight - and early in the season, lovely to see

Yes, I had a second take when I saw a 'snow and ice' severe weather alert email for the SW from the Met Office. Also one for the SE

Detail shows these are only for higher ground in Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire but still impressively far South.

Fingers crossed for those in with a chance!

• Like 1

Good to see some old and not so old familiar faces in here. :)  Just to let you know I've just posted the following in the MOD thread regarding the nearer term modelling.

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/81934-model-output-discussion-the-start-of-winter/?p=3083048

Regards

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 2

So nice to see the radar picking up some nice colours over Wales and North of the country, so different from this time last year.

Fingers crossed for all those waiting for snow fall for this winter .

Going to be an interesting winter just hope it gets shared nationwide!

Enjoy it if you see it people.

So nice to see the radar picking up some nice colours over Wales and North of the country, so different from this time last year.

Fingers crossed for all those waiting for snow fall for this winter .

Going to be an interesting winter just hope it gets shared nationwide!

Enjoy it if you see it people.

Hear hear. 

• Like 2

Today started fairly mild and gradually got colder (as forecast) once the heavier pulses of rain cleared the sky was crystal clear for an hour or so and then got a couple of showers blowing through, although by late afternoon the sun was back out and the temps really did start to drop away.

I live on a hill just to the East side of Oxford. Hoping for a wintry mix under heavy precip tonight. A few flakes would be an improvement from last winter!

Temperature 1.6c, Clear Spells.

Edited by Mark N

Since the ultra grim day which was last Thursday it's been great to have almost maximum sunshine for 4 days, despite the several weak fronts (which of course have mostly occurred overnight), however tomorrow looks set to be a dark December day.