Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Until the whole thing pivots and moves south, which it is doing....

It will pivot slightly then clear e/se in to the North sea, can clearly see its further north on the radar and is picked up well by the latest EURO4 run  

Edited by zubzero

Posted

It will pivot slightly then clear e/se in to the North sea can clearly see its further north on the radar and is picked up well by the latest EURO4 run  

Yes, it's further north, but anywhere north of the M4 will still have the potential as there will still be a pivot southwards also. All I'm saying is that it's too early to be calling it off yet. We may not see settling snow, but there could well be at least falling snow. 

Posted

Yes, it's further north, but anywhere north of the M4 will still have the potential as there will still be a pivot southwards also. All I'm saying is that it's too early to be calling it off yet. We may not see settling snow, but there could well be at least falling snow. 

But it is not pivoting southwards? The system is further north and the snow on the north and west flank of the system will clear East/southeast 

Posted

But it is not pivoting southwards? The system is further north and the snow on the north and west flank of the system will clear East/southeast 

There is still a somewhat southerly component to it, and it is only about 50 miles further north. As I replied to you earlier, all I was saying was that there's no point in completely ruling it out.   :rolleyes:  Apologies. 

Edited by saint

Posted

Anyway, it's great to see snow falling further north, there's some excellent pics in the other threads. 

:smiliz64:  Yes it is. Pity the low was a tad more north, for our region though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter

Absolutely throwing it down here. With rain.

Posted

Dewpoints look favourable for a line west to east along the M4 perhaps slightly South of that line certainly to the North of that line. However, later on anyone at almost any sort of height is in the mix with at least 50% chance snow. LP track is crucial to determining dew points later on with location. Good luck all!

Edited by Sparkicle

Posted

Good example of how models can be inaccurate even at short time frame. Trend for low was South in recent days and earlier today. But has been further North in realtime,

Posted

Always the case, mate

Well it can work the other way, I've had good snow with lows expected to go further North and ended up struggling to get past Cambridge.

Posted

Just because it jogged 50 miles north at the eleventh hour doesn't mean the trend wasn't south

8 days ago ECM had it North of Scotland ......

Sleet reports now spreading South & East.....

Yep. Essentially now casting all the way. Models with very fine granularity of which is mere mortals don't have access to are likely to shed some light on it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

My temperature is still rising :smiliz39: and the storm alarm has gone off on my weather station! 5.9c raining heavy! :crazy:

Posted

Steve yes, don't get me wrong I should add trend even further back was significantly further north.

Meto tweeted this morning of greater confidence in track being more southernly and then 15 mins ago seemed to suggest the more Northernly route again.

Models are improving overall though.

Posted

Whatever happens this is as good as what we had the whole last winter. Just came home from a fancy restaurant - time to get myself up to date. Ian offers hope for those snow starved southeasterners the low is tracking SE as we speak increasing the probability of snow falling, the fun starts for us late tonight and into tomorrow. :) snow showers + strong winds may cause a headache for some.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

After a period of rain/sleet we now have proper snow here.

Give it a nudge South mate :-)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Problem near Cambridge at the min is the dew point but need centre of low to pass.

current-dials1_zpsc837235d.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

after an hour of snow in between rain it is now back to rain and wiped out any settled snow.  temp also rising.  this wasn't forecast to happen.  will we ever get a decent snow event again in this rain sodden island?