Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Neither do I: UKMO T144 -8 850s in our part of the world snow to low levels

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I personally reckon the first bite of the cherry may provide some white stuff, but we'll need a second bite for something more sustained, I'm going for an easterly scenario - with +ve establishing over Scandinavia.

Certainly hope, the Euro models certainly trending away (operational wise) from the mobile pattern, but it's a fine line between a snowy easterly and a cloudy continental flow

ECM1-192.GIF?22-0

A few runs yet to see if we can get some truly cold air to march west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

FAX charts

Tuesday - no point really evaluating, another day like today and yesterday, mild and cloudy.

Christmas Eve

PPVI89.gif?31415

Moderate west/north westerly flow

Looks dry and fine with sunny spells after early rain clears

Temperatures

Will start in double figures, but as the cooler air filters south then we will see temperatures (early afternoon) of 6-8C

Christmas day

PPVK89.gif?31415

Light northerly winds

There is a trough moving south which could bring showers to the eastern side of the region. These could be wintry

Temperatures - 5-7C

• Like 3

Posted

Who remembers this? Jan 20th 2013 :yahoo: very good for my location we had a depth totalling 10cm+

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75668-london-and-south-east-regional-discussion-20th-january-2013-1300hrs/

AJP "Strewth 45 pages in just a few hours!...Good Stuff!" let's hope this is repeated we all know the masses come out when we get some white stuff, so let's pray we get in the act ASAP. We deserve it after what we've been through. :D

More festive cheer

"Ahhh.... yes. The 850's aren't a good guide (always use with caution anyway in this sort of winter set-up). EC 12z offers anywhere from 2-10cm snow from Cotswolds down across into central-southern England / northern Home Counties. MOGREPS, meanwhile, focuses further to E/SE and across NW as colder 'dig' focuses around W/NW flank. But none of this trustworthy, of course, given noticeably broad EPS spread at this range on how the evolution takes shape. Variance in track/depth/phasing quite stark in latest postage stamps, some (minority) even taking the low centre to exit from SW England! Winds, however, a wider issue, whether in north, south or east. Still a way to go in resolving this one and history teaches us that potential explosive cyclogenesis may not resolve confidently (re track, depth and regionalised impacts) until short lead time. I'm not expecting this one to be much different (as model flux at present amply shows), so no point getting exercised about it for a while yet!

Courtesy of Fergie top man :good:

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Last night of Olympia International horse show just finished...

...That is my year done then.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

From Fergieweather via twitter

W COUNTRY Most likely outcome is deep area of low pressure off to NW UK on 26th moving SE during 27-28th. Track still uncertain, however...

A positive for us I think regarding the white stuff but as quoted very uncertain. I've heard many a story of big snowfall around my birthday in my early years especially on my actual birth year 27/12/1978. Can anyone supply a chart . Anyway bit windy out there on my way home and starting to feel festive so I will raise my last beer of the evening and wish you all a merry Christmas

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1

Posted

Good morning, the weather today is the same as the last couple, mild and cloudy. Thankfully cooler and clearer conditions will follow.

Now then....

UW120-21.GIF?23-06

ECM1-120.GIF?23-12

Both charts show a flow from the continent under fairly cold 850s, the question being, could the rain turn to snow for us? A lot still to answer, but this coming weekend is looking less stormy now and potentially offering our first wintry taste in a long while. Next week onwards looks anticyclonic (cold and fine)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Very dark, cloudy and gloomy this morning, the temperatures are still in double figures 11.7c and the wind is still.............windy! :pardon: Looked at the charts and our chances of some post Christmas snow have just shot up! :smiliz19: :clapping: Just hope high pressure doesn't develop and sit slap bang over us after that. :lazy: I'd prefer it over Scandinavia with an easterly wind bringing us some further snow fall! :smiliz39: :friends:

• Like 3

Posted

oops.. double post. Site told me "Service unavailable" when I posted the last one.

Is that forecast available to all? Sorry I mean the detailed forecast that includes wet bulb etc,

Thanks

Edited by dallas

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any weather

Call me grumpy but:

No matter how much the model thread clutches at straws - its not going to snow at Christmas

Unless the weather is psychologically linked to animal and plant life, the weather will do what it does regardless of our wants and wishes (environmental/ global/ climate change not included in this rash generalizing statement) so matter how much the coldies/ warmies/ mildies and nipplies want the weather to suit them.

Aldi was packed at 8am this morning - in gods name why?? Its not like everything is going to be shut for more than one day. Theres always a garage pasty.

• Like 3

Posted

Call me grumpy but:

No matter how much the model thread clutches at straws - its not going to snow at Christmas

Unless the weather is psychologically linked to animal and plant life, the weather will do what it does regardless of our wants and wishes (environmental/ global/ climate change not included in this rash generalizing statement) so matter how much the coldies/ warmies/ mildies and nipplies want the weather to suit them.

Aldi was packed at 8am this morning - in gods name why?? Its not like everything is going to be shut for more than one day. Theres always a garage pasty.

Nipplies :smiliz19: Are they the ones who just want it a bit nippy rather than really cold? :unknw: Yes the weather will do what it wants but there is a chance of snow this weekend! I bet you thought that by going to Aldi at 8am it would be empty :nonono: Everyone is panic buying because the shops will be shut for a whole 2 days :smiliz23:  Oh and they think they will be turkeyless for Christmas if they don't turn up at 8am at there local supermarket! :nonono: The sun has come out! :w00t:

Edited by lassie23

Posted

Very dark, cloudy and gloomy this morning, the temperatures are still in double figures 11.7c and the wind is still.............windy! :pardon: Looked at the charts and our chances of some post Christmas snow have just shot up! :smiliz19: :clapping: Just hope high pressure doesn't develop and sit slap bang over us after that. :lazy: I'd prefer it over Scandinavia with an easterly wind bringing us some further snow fall! :smiliz39: :friends:

GFSP shows this well beast from the east incoming? I think this is the way forward. :spiteful:

post-19153-0-30210300-1419331258_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

The girl at Tesco told us it was incredibly busy there at eight this morning but it wasok by the time we got there just before twelve.The car park wasvirtually full but you could walk the aisles ok and we only had one person in front at the checkout.

By contrast,we are considering going into Great Yarmouth town centre tomorrow not really to buy much but to have a walk about and see the festive displays, I might get a quiche and some potato salad and some cooked chicken but that's all,other than some fresh rolls tomorrow.

Posted

Sainsburys was packed down here at 9am. Last minute shoppers and all.

Better day today, at least the sun has come out at times. 13C

Posted

Sainsburys  later  wish  me  luck!!

Posted

I've joined the pack going to Surrey Quays Shopping Centre to get something for my Mum @ Ernest Jones, I don't have a huge budget but I'll see what I can do. :D I like giving more than receiving.

post-19153-0-04389400-1419343939_thumb.j

Posted

Ha good luck, luckily for me it was more a case of buying stuff to allow me to be like this 

santa2.jpg

:w00t:  :rofl:

No Christmas shopping will be effected by the weather, just the usual insane antics of people panic buying and general lack of knowledge of how to drive.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted

somebody on norfolk and suffolk travel facebook -

Lowestoft Asda car park

We have been waiting 35 mins so far to get out of car park Everyone being friendly so suppose that's a good thing !

That's a bit insane, it seems all the roads are blocked solid up there!

Posted

somebody on norfolk and suffolk travel facebook -

Lowestoft Asda car park

We have been waiting 35 mins so far to get out of car park Everyone being friendly so suppose that's a good thing !

That's a bit insane, it seems all the roads are blocked solid up there!

That's normal for Lowestoft from my experience..... why the council won't simply get on and build a 3rd river crossing is beyond me.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon

wet, windy and feeling cold again out in that wind.

Toying with some last minute gifts, but no idea so may go with the original plan of giving money/vouchers instead, my only other shopping is bread and milk.

Posted

Hey presto the easterly evolution is gaining in momentum backed by the UKMO, ECM, & GFSP

post-19153-0-55017600-1419359824_thumb.jpost-19153-0-25166900-1419359845_thumb.j

Snowy for SE/EA on that brisk E wind - Merry Christmas! :)

Posted

Hey presto the easterly evolution is gaining in momentum backed by the UKMO, ECM, & GFSP

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Snowy for SE/EA on that brisk E wind - Merry Christmas! :)

Nice looking charts Daniel :w00t:  Did you make them yourself :shok:  lol! Those would do nicely :smiliz19:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Interesting that the BBC Look East weather just showed sleet on Saturday night......

Edited by suffolkboy_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

So what is the opinions/verdict in here for next weeks weather. Ive read a few of the other pages and Im still confused, haha

Posted

Nice looking charts Daniel :w00t:  Did you make them yourself :shok:  lol! Those would do nicely :smiliz19:

They're handmade made from the finest fabrics - man can get their hands on. :spiteful: In reality no I'd have better luck trying to teach fish to breath out of water, in other news my shop bought cherry pie is just coming out the oven, the tree is full to the brim with lights more reminiscent of a pylon! Have a good evening all.

• Like 1