Sign in to follow this  
Jo Farrow

Winter headlines

Todays headlines from Canada and N. America....Polar Invasion coming...Early snow wreaks Havoc...Relentless Arctic Outbreak Approaching...Bitter cold imports.. ( Same sensational headlines over there ) but they usually come off rightly announced to the public whereas the UK ones come out usually a damp and miserable failure ! Anyway, my friend who works out in Fort McMurray, way up country in  North Alberta land recorded -22c a couple of nights ago ( The Nov record low is just under -25c )

C

The shops are heading into Christmas mode, and it is feeling like winter isn't far away. What should we do with the headline information?

treesmall.jpg

View the full blog here

thanks very much for that Jo, wise words and I guess spoken from 'bitter' experience of trying to get anyone in any newspaper to actually quote what you said. At one time 3 out of the 5 forecasters at Manchester Weather Centre refused to say anything to any paper. The boss was very cross so did it himself to his trusted Guardian, then published in Manchester, only to discover they also twisted his words, much as they had ours!

Edited by johnholmes

thanks very much for that Jo, wise words and I guess spoken from 'bitter' experience of trying to get anyone in any newspaper to actually quote what you said. At one time 3 out of the 5 forecasters at Manchester Weather Centre refused to say anything to any paper. The boss was very cross so did it himself to his trusted Guardian, then published in Manchester, only to discover they also twisted his words, much as they had ours!

I just do not know how anyone would twist your words John ! Looks like George was a fall guy as well, I think you refer to ?.  Ross B would have told them to [email protected] off and nowt to say. Happy days at MWC.

c