Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Thursday 22nd July

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

yes- as i look out my window there is lightning in front of em, to my left AND to my right- its amazing :oops:

Posted

Lightning is quite frequent, approx 1 flash a minute, but coming from all directions!

Rain has just started, and is torrential. White pixels on 23:45 radar too!

North Kent, About an hour ago had quite a few flashes - looked quite distant judging by brightness. Not really that cloudy either. Now, clouding over again - quite warm as well outside (at work - head outside for ciggy break every so often so get 2 see what its like outside). South London looks really cloudy as well (i work in a motorways control room so i got traffic camara's to watch as well - can see weather) Not seen any lightning though. Anyone south or west of kent seen anything really recently to give me some hope i might see a decent storm ???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

I forgot to post my report of the thunderstorm yestreday evening as i was in a rush to go out in it :D:D

We had 26mm of rain here in the duration which was the joint wettest place in the Midlands with Birmingham. Frequent IC and the occasional spectacular CG. The whole storm lasted about an hour. It was great. Bring on the next batch of storms i say :)

Posted

I didnt dare go out in our storm last night coz i was only in my boxers :D :roll: but it was spectacular enough from my bedroom window :D Alot of rain here too- some places in Suffolk reported over half a months rain in just 40minutes :!: And there were reports of power cuts and uprooted trees across east anglia :shock: :)

Posted
  • Location: South East Sheffield,South Yorkshire,located at approximately 53° 21' 20" N, 1° 13' W, 110 (+20
  • Location: South East Sheffield,South Yorkshire,located at approximately 53° 21' 20" N, 1° 13' W, 110 (+20

Yorkshire finally got storms yesterday...think all that moaning paid off that we never get any :wink:

Posted

Not all of Yorkshire got storms :cry: they passed to my south about 30 miles or so could just make out the top of an anvil rising over the hazy cloud covering my area, Oh well

Posted

A brilliant bonus storm last night at around 1030PM till 1130PM. It came up from the the south, with at first distant rumbles of thunder. These grew louder and louder until they were really booming thunder. Loads of Lightning which was lighting up my bedroom plus around 15 minutes of heavy rain. Shame i was in bed at the time :wink:

Posted

The apporach saw the storm pepping up as it crossedthe Thames and bang rumbles of thunder got louder and louder until the entire house felt like it was shaking.

Saw some wonderful fork Lighteing as well and had at least 15 CG'S and three times the IC'S!!!

The best thing was it didn't rain a drop so I could clearly see the lighteing from the updraft zone that I was in. I went to bed thinking it was a good end to night,but I was wrong

some more flashes began appearing so I looked out my window to see IC'S lighting up the entire CB that I was just under!!!

This happened 10 times overall.

Still very happy now considering at one point we all resigned ourslefs to haveing a no-show!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

:D Great day yesterday in the storm/weather department, thought i'd show you that storm that intensified as it went north passing Swindon.The pic was taken facing North at around 16.00 hrs.

storm.jpg

Posted

It sound as if some had some real fun yesterday, with some very heavy storms.

I was on the Isle of Wight and at around 7pm I had my own little storm move in from the English Channel so I am happy.

Posted
It sound as if some had some real fun yesterday, with some very heavy storms.

I was on the Isle of Wight and at around 7pm I had my own little storm move in from the English Channel so I am happy.

Yes Adi Fiddler that storm in the Midlands was a severe multi-cell system,it might have even been a small MCS(with the possiblity off a few supercells)

and the little storm you had in the Isle of wight was our(south east)saviour and it also grew into a good electrical show.

Posted

Yes the storm here in eastern Essex was at its peak around 11.30pm - started at around 11.15 and finally discipated and moved north hitting Colchester nearer 12.00 and later Ipswich after midnight, we had around 6mm of rain in about 15 minutes. A great summer night storm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Had a good thunder storm here today loads of lighting and lot of thunder.

Posted
Not all of Yorkshire got storms :cry: they passed to my south about 30 miles or so could just make out the top of an anvil rising over the hazy cloud covering my area, Oh well

Me and Steve (Major tarantino) can attest to that we went a hunting from about 7pm, we missed the main show, but was hoping for an encore as the lightning pages around the net showed a fair amount of strikes. Although we got some nice pics, nothing other than wet stuff came of a trip up to scotch corner and back :D

Guest Phil_Uk

Only heard about three rumbles of thunder from Thursday afternoons lot here in Birmingham, but the rain was extremely intense for a short while.

Phil.

Posted
I appear to be the only one who hasn't had a thunderstorm.

No you're not... i've not had one yet, a storm a couple of times has passed through, but sweet f.a other than dark clouds and rain.

Posted

Just updated your storm Phil_UK from thursday, now added to the weekly and overall leagues.

Paul Sherman

Posted

just to say thank you to Paul S for all the work he puts into these leagues!! Thank you :(:)

Posted

Bit late now but I observed a TS on Thurs 22 which started a 22:45 and lasted to 23:15 main cell centred over Wickford to Chelmsford. 10 mins intense rainfall with very reduced visibility. Observed half a dozen CGs. Some photos of it soon (hopefully).

Posted

Much appreciated I Luv Snow, when it's a busy week there is a lot of trawling through the pages, this years record of 20 pages is nothing compared to 10-12th August last year where I think we had 38 pages of reports :shock: :shock: :shock:

Paul Sherman