Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Thanks all! Thought it was worth an ask lol x

Don't get too desperate in searching for forecasts. You  might meet some Madden people who might take adVantage of you  :rofl:

Posted

Nippy day due to the windchill, it was a rather refreshing day all sorts going on. Sunny spells... Blustery showers, nagging wind, As every day passes we descend closer to winter :good: thus SNOW or rain :nonono:

Posted

Now this is not scientific just my hunches. If we get a warm start to November then we could I feel have a 2010 style winter although unspoken want it to last longer as if my memory serves me right the weather was fab up till Xmas then no more snow. So here is my amateur prediction based on reading between the lines and listening to seasoned professional like jp and Steve murr and if he does return Steve Sussex is always a great read although like most I think last winter finished him off. Never want to see so many wind warnings ever ahain. 124 was the total from 1st Dec to 31st Jan I gave up after that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Now this is not scientific just my hunches. If we get a warm start to November then we could I feel have a 2010 style winter although unspoken want it to last longer as if my memory serves me right the weather was fab up till Xmas then no more snow. So here is my amateur prediction based on reading between the lines and listening to seasoned professional like jp and Steve murr and if he does return Steve Sussex is always a great read although like most I think last winter finished him off. Never want to see so many wind warnings ever ahain. 124 was the total from 1st Dec to 31st Jan I gave up after that

Weather folklore tends to say that an early start to winter, say at the start of November, usually means an early finish! So a mild November wouldn't be a worry!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Leigh, I do hope that's not another repeat, rather than now another repeat. We don't need any more flooding.

Oops, didn't spot you'd already edited it. Sorry!

I always re-read my posts....... Typing mistakes are easy on a phone....for me anyway. Edited by LeighD

Posted

Nick Sussex. Not Steve :-) even though Steve Sussex does have a good ring to it....ha

Posted

Heading up to bed, I noticed it was a tad chilly in the bedroom. 14.9c in here, blimey. 7c outside. Where did that come from? 

Posted

Heading up to bed, I noticed it was a tad chilly in the bedroom. 14.9c in here, blimey. 7c outside. Where did that come from? 

For one night only, I think! Back to mild for the rest of the week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Number of flood warnings have been issued down the EA coast now.

No Spring tides now. No big windstorm. No big deal (and I live where tidal flooding could be an issue)  :good:

Posted

No Spring tides now. No big windstorm. No big deal (and I live where tidal flooding could be an issue)  :good:

Good. The Environment Agency still appears to be being cautious, though, and has flood warnings for a fair bit of the coast for tomorrow morning's high tide. Let's hope you're right and they're wrong. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Just some high cloud here, otherwise it is a clear start to the day.

Posted

Wispy cloud, looks like a pretty sunrise. 4.7c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Cloudy here

for now, wind is back to normal.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

a beautiful morning,if a little chilly,i love this time of year,its the uncertainty of whats going to happen in winter for me,summer is summer,you know its going to be warm,just not how warm.but winter,ooohhhhhh,wil ut be mild,cool,cold,rainy,windy,

snowy,etc.does it show i love winter,have a great day peeps,and take care

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Nice and clear this morning.

There is a huge amount of positivity in the OPI, snow and ice and even winter hopes threads at the moment, a good few things are clicking into place.

Still waiting on the first mad GFS snow risk chart...

Posted

Got down to 6.7c last night! Think that is the coldest so far!

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Good. The Environment Agency still appears to be being cautious, though, and has flood warnings for a fair bit of the coast for tomorrow morning's high tide. Let's hope you're right and they're wrong. 

Hmmm... I'm not sure that they were 'wrong' They were merely being cautious. The predicted surge height where I live, added on to the natural high tide would still be less than the natural high tide here of nearly two weeks ago. A good job the surge didn't correspond with that tide.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon

Was a rather nippy start to the day here, as the morning got going the sun came out, as I am the first in the office I opened all the blinds, then all the 8/9 starters arrived and shut them again :blink2::doh:

raining here now, dull and cloudy, still cool out, more so in the breeze.

Accidentally added the quote button, but don't know how to remove them.

if you highlight the quoted area using the mouse/left button combo then press delete it will remove them

• Like 1

Posted

A nice dry, clam and bright day here too. Tad chilly.... Which is fine by me :-)

Posted

Dry and bright for most of the day, but it did cloud over mid-afternoon. There was definitely a chill in the air this morning.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Afternoon

Was a rather nippy start to the day here, as the morning got going the sun came out, as I am the first in the office I opened all the blinds, then all the 8/9 starters arrived and shut them again :blink2::doh:

raining here now, dull and cloudy, still cool out, more so in the breeze.

if you highlight the quoted area using the mouse/left button combo then press delete it will remove them

Thanks done it now.