Sign in to follow this  
A.J

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Weather Discussion

A brighter day here, some significant amounts of sunshine, but feeling chilly in the stiff breeze, at least the rain has cleared for now, looks like unsettled pattern is set to continue for a while yet.

Raining heavy here with the sun out, seen a lot of rainbows lately and there is another one forming now!

Still sunny here and almost wall to wall blue skies, that means another chilly night ahead I fear.

A couple of short lived squalls flew past here. Impressive rainbows.

Raining heavy here with the sun out, seen a lot of rainbows lately and there is another one forming now!

Yes. Just had a heavy shower on my way home from work. With the sun shining bright, and the glare off the wet road, it made for quite tricky conditions. And yes, we had a big bold rainbow here too. Edited by LeighD

A couple of short lived squalls flew past here. Impressive rainbows.

Must of been the same mini squall that affected here a while back?

Still sunny here and almost wall to wall blue skies, that means another chilly night ahead I fear.

Yep. Clear blue skies here also Jax. I do prefer the cooler nights though, I must confess.

Yep. Clear blue skies here also Jax. I do prefer the cooler nights though, I must confess.

I agree there, as I sleep far better snug under a duvet on a cold day/night than I do in the warmth I must admit, that is why I do not have any heating on any time of year upstairs and more so in the bedroom, makes you keen to get under at night and do not dally in the morning (means I get to my first hot cuppa a tad quicker :) )

There's a beautiful, almost full, Moon out there. It's clear as a bell, and it's going to get cold overnight. Any bets on a ground frost in the SE tonight?

Very much doubt a ground frost in the SE tonight. Will be very chilly though!

Edited by LeighD

Nice day here today in Birmingham, back home now with 7.6mm of rain falling since midnight, most of that fell this morning, as it woke me up in Pitsea

Damp and cloudy outside this morning.

Moderate to heavy rain falling now. That's going to make for a wet and misrible school run......

Been moderately raining for a couple of hours now. Definitely a duvet day today.

Absolutely chucking it down. Cat is whining at me. Does he think I am some sort of wizard that can change the weather?

Just drove up to Swanscombe and it's completely nuts on the roads, I have gone through some foot deep areas of the road where the water is just not draining away.

Be careful folks!

Awful morning in Benfleet, pouring down all morning. A very sudden transition to autumn this week

Absolutely chucking it down. Cat is whining at me. Does he think I am some sort of wizard that can change the weather?

Sunny here, my cat is whining whatever the weather! :pardon: