Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Really nice day today, good sunny spells and yet again on the warm side.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

sometimes being single with no children can seem a blessing (have nothing against children though, honest).

Ha, I'm sure you don't. Wouldn't change it for the world though ;-)

Clear skies now, and still on the warm side. Over and out goodnight....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Ha, I'm sure you don't. Wouldn't change it for the world though ;-)

not at my age, always said if none by forty then none it will be, passed that milestone a while back, now have the family grand kids to keep amused, I am the eldest and only one without children, my neice has children now.

Severe case of dark here now.

Posted

Decent day, the Autumn colours are making a appearance :good:

21C quite a nice day, as one month closes another one opens...

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Partly cloudy here so faring a little better :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

its a balmy 18c here feels more like mid July than the 1st of October

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Good Morning everyone.

Several weather bulletins on the BBC TV yesterday gave provisional figures for September on temperature and rainfall etc. They stated how dry it was last month. I would be interested to know just how variable rainfall total were within our region. Mid Essex for example has been mainly dry apart from a few periods of generally light rain with the exception of two  nights/ early morning of severe thunderstorms. Not maintaining a weather station, although I hope to do so in the not too distant future, I enquire whether anyone in my neck of the woods can confirm if we achieved average rainfall for September.

Kind Regards

Dave

Posted

Grey and wet here. Still on the warm side.

Posted

Afternoon

Another warm and calm day here, 19.7oC in the shed, dry but rather cloudy, there has been some good spells of sunshine throughout the day though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

I am getting a bit tired of this constant warm weather, towards the end of September I start getting into winter mode, by November I really want it to start getting cold, I love summer but I also love the cold too! Obviously that never happens in our neck of the UK as we are pretty much stuck with double digits for the winter months. A few weeks or a couple of months with a CET of -X would be nice, I would prefer -5c maximum temperature during the day with regular dips below -15c at night, those temperatures wouldn't normally be at amiss with with our latitude as some of the coldest cities in the world lie around the 45th to the 55th parallel north (most notably Ulan Bator which is the coldest capital city in the world which lies on the 47th parallel north and regularly sees temperatures in the winter drop to -40c, London is at the 51st parallel north), I wouldn't want it that cold but a bit more temperature variation wouldn't go amiss.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I am getting a bit tired of this constant warm weather, towards the end of September I start getting into winter mode, by November I really want it to start getting cold, I love summer but I also love the cold too! Obviously that never happens in our neck of the UK as we are pretty much stuck with double digits for the winter months. A few weeks or a couple of months with a CET of -X would be nice, I would prefer -5c maximum temperature during the day with regular dips below -15c at night, those temperatures wouldn't normally be at amiss with with our latitude as some of the coldest cities in the world lie around the 45th to the 55th parallel north (most notably Ulan Bator which is the coldest capital city in the world which lies on the 47th parallel north and regularly sees temperatures in the winter drop to -40c, London is at the 51st parallel north), I wouldn't want it that cold but a bit more temperature variation wouldn't go amiss.

It has been a very warm and humid summer! The warmth started in June if I remember rightly and has been going strong ever since!

• Like 1

Posted

Um, so when are you planning to move to Ulan Bator for a snow fix?

Still too blody muggy here this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Um, so when are you planning to move to Ulan Bator for a snow fix?

Still too blody muggy here this evening.

Yeah...... No thanks lol I wouldn't mind moving to the Northern United States or Southern Canada though, Winnipeg and Minneapolis look like nice areas.

If I could make it colder in the winter here I would, but unless I want to move a couple trillion tons of earth/sand/concrete etc to fill in the Atlantic for a couple hundred miles west that's not going to happen. :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Yeah...... No thanks lol I wouldn't mind moving to the Northern United States or Southern Canada though, Winnipeg and Minneapolis look like nice areas.

If I could make it colder in the winter here I would, but unless I want to move a couple trillion tons of earth/sand/concrete etc to fill in the Atlantic for a couple hundred miles west that's not going to happen. :rofl:

Lets hope the atlantic has a good long snooze this winter! Dry and you guessed it.........humid! 17.2c

• Like 1

Posted

Fine and warm day again today. Got some decent spells of sunshine for time. This can go on for as long as the warmth is still possible in my opinion. The wet and windy aspects of Autumn are really things I don't desire so the quicker the transition from Summer to winter the better :)

• Like 1

Posted

Fine and warm day again today. Got some decent spells of sunshine for time. This can go on for as long as the warmth is still possible in my opinion. The wet and windy aspects of Autumn are really things I don't desire so the quicker the transition from Summer to winter the better :)

I was thinking summer to summer :p

Posted

Cloudy skies to start here, hopefully the warm sunshine should return.

nmm_uk1-41-13-0.png?02-06

Temperatures should widely reach the low twenties again.

Posted

Another warm, dry, calm and sunny day here, with periods of cloud though, we appear to have made it to 20oC if the sensor out in the shed is correct.

Posted

Grey and warm here today. Felt quite uncortable when rushing around in it...

Posted

Fine day with sunny spells and variable cloud. Warm again.