Sign in to follow this  
A.J

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Weather Discussion

26.c shade-side of the building. Went from hot and blue sky to a few cauliflowers appearing to the south-west...to clouding over in 20 minutes. Waiting to see what happens next...

Bit like summer out there. very warm, not any breeze, sun out but there has been some cloud today too. Not expecting any thing thunder like but it's nice to see those symbols on my forecast again :>

Edited by Dami

Just had a big storm pass over us here in Cranleigh,(8 miles south of Guildford) Lots of lightning, saw some beautiful cloud to ground lightning, Torrential rain for about 35mins, Garden very happy !!!

Just had a big storm pass over us here in Cranleigh,(8 miles south of Guildford) Lots of lightning, saw some beautiful cloud to ground lightning, Torrential rain for about 35mins, Garden very happy !!!

:shok: Not a cloud in the sky here!

:shok: Not a cloud in the sky here!

WOW, really isolated storm, seems to be from here up to oxfordshire and missing London !

WOW, really isolated storm, seems to be from here up to oxfordshire and missing London !

Any flash flooding in those 35minutes?

A very warm / humid still evening here. The sun has been kind to my location today.

Still no storm but I took all the washing in just in case those massive clouds break. No rain in Oxford.

Lovely here too, with a high of 23.5c and decent sunshine once the mist cleared. It felt quite humid though and a storm would be nice (sorry, Thunderbuddy). Still 18.2 now and it's been dark for three hours already. I'm really beginning to notice the days drawing in - it's light when I get up at 6.30, but it feels like Dawn. As she's not my wife, I'm worried.

Edited by stun12

Lovely here too, with a high of 23.5c and decent sunshine once the mist cleared. It felt quite humid though and a storm would be nice (sorry, Thunderbuddy). Still 18.2 now and it's been dark for three hours already. I'm really beginning to notice the days drawing in - it's light when I get up at 6.30, but it feels like Dawn. As she's not my wife, I'm worried.

Lol! Yes it is getting dark earlier and earlier, how horrible! :cray:

some places in south got to 26c 79f..and its v humid..

Had a heavy shower after dark with a hint of thunder.

Edited by chubbyfan

Thunder here

Hi Snowlady, just got lightning here! Want to swap!

Your storm has arrived here!

Edited by lassie23

It would seem a great many are going to be woken up across the next hour or two.

Fierce storm line headed north..few will escape this (surprising) September overnight storm.

Loud thunder and lots of lightning, but where is the rain! :unknw:

re: where is the rain?

I'd think the blast wave of flood-rains should be there in NW London by now. What traffic is out there now....its all 10mph

re: where is the rain?

I'd think the blast wave of flood-rains should be there in NW London by now. What traffic is out there now....its all 10mph

The rain has arrived and it is torrential!

Looking at the radar...looks (at least to me) that the storm line is more cohesive...rains should last a good hour.

*even the political media maniacs on BBC TV, are acknowledging the ongoing storm... as the vote count continues.

--

Hope it cools down now !

Yes could do with a cool down, it is still 16.4c out there!