Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Wales, the Midlands & South West England Weather Discussion

Suprise snow in Snowdonia B1mdfXOIAAA-OJU.jpgthis morning

Not such a surprise Keith given the 0c 850s and Snowdon being 3000 feet high :)

Edited by TonyH
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All,

As Bish has just posted.

Very cold around the Midlands today.

Cool with ground frost this morning Min 1.4C. Sun appeared for about an hour before the cloud arrived at just before 10:00am. Stayed cloudy all day since then with intermittent mainly light rain.

As a result of hardly any sunshine the temperature never really rose and my max was 7.9C and is dropping fairly quickly (6.4C now) with still mainly cloudy skies.

If we get the clearance being forcast there will be a frost in the Midlands tonight.

MIA

• Like 1

Pretty chilly out there at 2.4C, may just scrape an air frost if it keeps falling throughout the night, then again may just miss one with just some grass frost. Nonetheless, a refreshing change after the recent mildness.

Cloudy start to the morning means temperatures a lot higher than yesterday, after overnight rainfall. Currently

3.9°C (39.0°F), Apparent temp 2.7°C

Edited by Dorsetbred

Very variable cloud overnight.

Low of 2C recorded so no frost here.

Cloud cover has had the temperature up and down by about 3C per hour overnight.

Still 7/10 cloud this morning and temperature now at 5.8C after 2.4C at 07:00.

MIA

The temperature ended up rising again before midnight so last night's minimum of 2.8C came at midnight, probably thanks to cloud. Sunny intervals today though.

No frost this morning after all, due to some light cloud. Overnight low of 3.3°C here.

My Mean temperature yesterday was 5.7°C, making it the lowest since 28th March (5.5°C).

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan

Been a good day here to get out in the garden, maximum of 10.7C in quite prolonged sunshine - got the grass cut for probably the last time this year and loads of leaves raked. Hoping for the first air frost tonight.

Proper crisp winter evening this eve, down to 1.0c already, hard to believe we had next to no evenings like this last winter!

Clearest day since 9th September today!! 

Edited by conor123

Down to 0.5c now here, Dp -0.4c, Been stood out watching the Fireworks down in the Derwent Valley, There's no wind at all and every-things lit up by the full Moon and a frost forming  :)  

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Freezing here this evening, almost forgotten how cold, cold weather actually felt. Thought I'd also drop in to say hello. Looking forward to the split discussions again. I tend to pop off for most of the summer as it tends to be boring, unless it's stormy - which is incredibly rare here. I am howoever, looking forward to spending copious amounts of hours refreshing the midlands discussion/mod thread for the best part of the next 5 months! 

Here's to a good one!

• Like 1