Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, the Midlands & South West England Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Just got back from a lovely few days in Majorca where temperature's were more akin to the high summer average reaching 30c yesterday, glorious boost after 2 and half months of stratocumulus mania  :laugh:

Posted

Lyme Regis today was very pleasant. Warm in the sunshine 17c and light breeze. Shirt and shorts weather. Few kite surfers off the cob.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

What a glorious day! been to Exmoor today and could feel the heat from the sun shame about the wind 

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Tuesday a shocker washout for NW Midlands, NW winds and low pressure means non stop rain here

I mentioned Staffs being prone to showers Tuesday in my weekly blog, however GFS suggests very little. It does look a showery set up for the usual areas exposed to the NW wind I agree, interesting to see what happens...

https://forum.netweather.tv/blog/309/entry-4834-weather-guide-monday-20th-to-sunday-26th-october-2014/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

A bright and slightly breezy start with the hint of sunshine but also showers. Currently 11.3C and 1017mbs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Nice day yesterday. Sunny start today but the first heavy shower has arrived with squally winds. Cooler too at 11.6C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Hello all.... Have not been on in a while!

So who is looking forward to finally getting some winter then??

• Like 1

Posted

Quite an odd morning. Benign earlier with three quarter Sc cover. Next thing I knew moderate rain (I assume a shower) and now a layer of Ac/As with some Sc. Temp 13.5C and wind SW light.

Posted

Expecting some lively gusts and sharp showers tomorrow, exact wind direction that drives in a Cheshire Gap howling washout here, hopefully some thunder/hail thrown in.

Wish i'd been able to stay in Majorca a bit longer, 28c today  :cray:

Posted

Expecting some lively gusts and sharp showers tomorrow, exact wind direction that drives in a Cheshire Gap howling washout here, hopefully some thunder/hail thrown in.

Wish i'd been able to stay in Majorca a bit longer, 28c today  :cray:

At least GFS is now showing showers tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

This could cause a few problems with travelling tomorrow morning, which is one of the reasons why I'm not really terribly looking forward to the strong winds. The heavy rain and showers' part I don't mind so much, and could probably put up with the winds (if it didn't have to occur at such an awkward time). I agree with Conor, though, it would be nice to see some showers of hail tucked behind this system, rather than just showers of rain. That would at least help to make this weather event more bearable. Still, I suppose this ex-hurricane will provide an interesting change to the mostly wild-free weather we've had in the last few weeks or so (even though last week was pretty much on the unsettled side).

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
  • Like 1

Posted

Didnt get above 9c here today during daylight.... Now its 12 c...balmy.. Well not really after 32-34c in vietnam with humidity felt like 40-42c... Some great storms and downpours too... Especially at night speedboating up the saigon river...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Not quite as windy as I thought, although there has been a few gusty periods throughout the night accompanied by spells of showery rain. The temperature is around 12.5*C at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Certainly very breezy but bright with it after overnight rain. Currently 11.1C with a pressure of 1004.2mbs Rising in strong WNW winds

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Wind really picking up now. M6 near Birmingham was just a 20mile long tunnel of water. Not good

Just south of M6 here.....

Not much rain    Temp now 10.6C and falling. Sky clearing rapidly.30% cumulus scudding across

TON  - I think you must have been underneath one of the bands which seem to have lined up as the cold front passed through.

Going out to play golf, but I will be watching the gusts.

MIA

• Like 1

Posted

9mm rain and 33mph gusts overnight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Not much rain again but certainly windy enough with all the pots over in the garden. Sunny though with the temperature at 10.5C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Very windy but lovely and sunny. I see showers on the radar, so I'm not sure how long that will last.  1.1mm of rain overnight. 

post-15177-0-99768200-1413886518_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Pretty much the same here with cloudy coming & going, 1.5 mm here overnight, plenty of showers hitting Wales atm, i'm sure it won't be long for us here in the Midlands.

http://www.monkspathweather.org.uk/

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile

FTPPic.jpg

Edited by Dancerwithwings