Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, the Midlands & South West England Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

I feel the same. Whether to stay up and radar watch or go to sleep and get woken up?

I know what you mean. It would be kind of typical really if the weather exploded over us while sleeping. I can't really see anything happening here tonight (you've probably got a better chance, though), so will probably just end up sleeping on it and hope nothing happens.

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

I feel the same. Whether to stay up and radar watch or go to sleep and get woken up?

Was thinking the same! MInd you might get up 2-3 am-ish when I tend to wake anyway, just to check the Scottish referendum results.

Lovely afternoon here, once the clouds parted. Very hazy but lovely and warm. Just clouded over again now.

Posted

Dull and murky till just before 1pm, brightened up this afternoon with some very hazy sunny spells and max of 22.8c making it the warmest day since July.

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

Can hear distant thunder looking at radar its going round us again! Although shouldnt complain really , we have been spoilt this year for good ole thunderstorms.

Posted

Well, it's started raining here. There are some small cells developing either side of the Malverns. Watch this space, as they say.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

High of 24°C here this afternoon, feeling very muggy too, but storms way out of reach.  Large area of storms between Salisbury and Reading at the moment according to the radar.  I'd be more than happy for it to be dry again tomorrow, it's Farmers' Market in town and it's not much fun in the rain, let alone a storm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

Right scrap my last post its now gone black and thunder right over top of us now no rain yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I know what you mean. It would be kind of typical really if the weather exploded over us while sleeping. I can't really see anything happening here tonight (you've probably got a better chance, though), so will probably just end up sleeping on it and hope nothing happens.

I think you stand the better chance up there. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frosty / Warm but not hot with a steady breeze

Lights dimming and lightning strike close by, still rumbling

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Despite torrential rain here the dewpoint is still 17c and the surface temp is 19.1c . Incredible given the time of year. Obviously tropical activity at play. No notice of severe weather as yet ,but the next 24 to 36 hrs could  well see some really nasty weather  but localized rather than  national..... :closedeyes:

Posted

Wow what an hour that was! Some very close CGs (at least 5) with shotgun thunder from 2 or 3 separate cells within what was a rapidly developing storm cluster with other frequent lightning/thunder of differing colours/types (view NW radar zoomed to BA12 to see the development from 18.40).

8mm in my gauge from around 10 mins of monsoon rain after only the same amount had fallen in the previous 23 days!

Amusingly it had gone very dark just after 18.30 and I thought something must go bang and it did soon after!

5 weeks without thundery activity and now something to rival the July awesomeness! It had been 25.0c with 80%+ humidity at 17.00!

Posted

Extremely muggy evening with no breeze, 20.2c currently but feels warmer.

Not expecting anything exciting tomorrow here so just hoping finally get a clear, sunny day on Sunday/Monday after all this smoggy haze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

kick ass storm here over the past couple of hours....drifting away WNWards now and weakening......expect more elevated storms to fire overnight and into tomorrow as an upper trough currently over northern france transfers northwards and acts as the trigger for upper forcing

Posted

kick ass storm here over the past couple of hours....drifting away WNWards now and weakening......expect more elevated storms to fire overnight and into tomorrow as an upper trough currently over northern france transfers northwards and acts as the trigger for upper forcing

Yes AJ and the rapid developments mean nothing should be taken for granted if the radar is clear in ones' location at any given time.

Some cells have gone from nothing to bright red on the radar in 10 mins!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Wow really kicking out towards Trowbridge now, loving watch from a distance flashes every 5-10 seconds

Posted

Pouring with rain in Malvern.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

kicking off here now!!!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Need a rumble to make it 9/9 months thunder for 2014 :)

Posted

Storms east and north of here again, can clearly see flashes from that storm all the way down here, and I have a hill to my NE.

May go to a local viewpoint and look, saw actual CC/CG bolts from storms in about the same place in July!

Would be good to have a active storm close/overhead here, but the Met Office now suggest the focus further east more..