Sign in to follow this  
Jane Louise

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Gone even darker here. weird and eerie sky. sure cell developing right over me! So strange, never seen it like this before. Any members near me?? 

This is incredible stuff here. Lightning every 5-10 secs. Very little thunder though, not sure why?

Commentators at the Cricket at Canterbury on Sky Sports 2 just mentioned a "tornado" nearby. They were broadcasting from a room somewhere instead the ground taking shelter. Match has been abandoned so they've now gone off air.

Was always a strong possibility that something like this would occur, especially south of the river. Any chance of a tornado warning? I don't think so.

A few strikes just South of EGLL (heathrow) looking promising although my window is not showing much ha ha!

Commentators at the Cricket at Canterbury on Sky Sports 2 just mentioned a "tornado" nearby. They were broadcasting from a room somewhere instead the ground taking shelter. Match has been abandoned so they've now gone off air.

woah...  so they abandoned coverage because of the "tornado" ?

Can someone in Basildon get a photo of the wall cloud passing over, it's awesome but my wife has nicked my camera!

Mate of mine is out there at the moment, so if he's back in time, I'll nick it.

Gone even darker here. weird and eerie sky. sure cell developing right over me! So strange, never seen it like this before. Any members near me?? 

What you had has passed directly over me, it was eery! The stuff to its south looks GREAT for development.

They abandoned because of the storm first, then mentioned the other stuff.

Can the Londoners hear the thunder and see the flashes of lightning yet?

Lightning bolt in SW London just now, looking from mine. And another...

Storm to the SE looks intense.

post-15369-0-35181200-1405715636_thumb.j

very impressive wall cloud or shelf cloud to the south highlighted by each lightning strike

looks like one very massive wedge

They abandoned the game due to the temporary floodlights getting blown about. No doubt the cameramen up on the scaffold weren't feeling too comfy either! They just mentioned there was a tornado "nearby" but didn't actually show any footage.

I have a video recording I'll just take a screenshot when ever lightning appears, got a few already :D

Some very convective skies around now as the sun was setting, managed to snap a nice turkey tower going up.

Edited by SnowJoke
  • Like 1

Very dark cloud to the south & the birds are going mental. :bomb:

no mamatus here yet in Basingstoke, central Hampshire, but the skies to the south-east are definitely getting ominous...  

starting to see undulating "waves" in the cloud formations to the SE .. not sure what the technical term for them is..   - it's like a wave in the sky..  

is there a technical term for that kind of formation?

Are there little cells developing to the NE of Oxford?

Indeed I think there are cells NE of Oxford. I could see them to the SW of MK being illuminated by the setting sun.

Strike just been picked up to the north of Aylesbury just west of Wing. Corresponds nicely to the towers I could see to the SW of MK

Edited by SnowJoke
  • Like 1