Sign in to follow this  
Jane Louise

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

wow its really kicking off now, plenty of vids of constant thunder and lighting

Kicking on where in derbyshire.though. Put a place in your sig,

Just heard thunder

Edited by The PIT
  • Like 1

Storm in Wiltshire close to Swindon needs watching closely, it's taken a distinctive right movement in the last 45 mins, as it's isolated and the only cell in the area it may well be a supercell feeding off all the energy. Real time lightning plotter shows a northerly pattern and then a rapid eastward shift in strikes as well.

• Like 1

Distant thunder here. The Sheffield shield better not ruin our chances too!

Speak to The PIT regarding that. I bet it's gone into overdrive :crazy:

I am closely watching the system moving up from the north of France. Any chance we might have a repeat of last night?

Storm in Wiltshire close to Swindon needs watching closely, it's taken a distinctive right movement in the last 45 mins, as it's isolated and the only cell in the area it may well be a supercell feeding off all the energy. Real time lightning plotter shows a northerly pattern and then a rapid eastward shift in strikes as well.

That little storm is goin nuts!

You couldn't make it up! The western edge of the storm is declining and the epicentre is moving north about 7 miles east of here towards Belper/Alfreton.

Plenty of thunder and high level lightning but the rain is only moderate. Feel my pain as I weep with anguish.

• Like 1

I am closely watching the system moving up from the north of France. Any chance we might have a repeat of last night?

It's started moving more rapidly but seems to be leaving the lively stuff over land. Would love it to be otherwise

Well, that was a lot of thunder and lightning, and an awful lot of hail :) Seems to be moving NEnow, but with various stings in its tail... :)

In fact, I just stuck my head outside the front door, and it's just one long. never-ending rumble...

Edited by Steve_De4
  • Like 1

def edging into the channel now

Moderate rain here, the main bulk of precipitation still to hit here. As I say that, a flash to my south!

If you put the 3 hour accumulation on the radar, you can clearly see when the eastward "shift" occurred.

• Like 1

def edging into the channel now

A repeat of last night seems almost too good to be true. That being said, it looks good, and the sun is out and it's really warm and humid right now. Fingers crossed :)

Sat in the garden here in Christchurch, bit strange as all the storms in the UK are heading north, but we have cloud building and heading south out to sea! Can anyone explain what is going on? Seems to be going against what you would expect.

Edit would be more accurate to say the cloud is heading East, maybe a small front moving through.

Edited by Thunderman1981

Matlock, here, WOW WOW WOW, ITS all overhead at the moment some fantastic thunder, constant lighting been going on 15 mins bloody hell as I type another one just shook the house.

• Like 1

I have these in my vicinity sorry its sideways

post-13945-0-93015500-1405786513_thumb.j

Edited by itsnowjoke

I'd like to moan about no storms thus far today... But the spectacular Light Show that so many were treated to in the SE/London area on Thursday night (Plus a smaller one yesterday evening) means I just cant! 

this lot should be on a direct hit for Sheffield, if keeps its energy going its gonner be good. :clapping:

Seems to be getting dark directly to my west, wind picking up

The storm near sheffield (lightning wise) looks a bit weaker than it did earlier, better not be dying lol.

WOW i take what i said earlier today back now! this is one intense storm and keeps growing! you can see it forcing against the sea breezes! heading straight this way!

Trying to post captures from last night, but laptop being uncooperative! Gah!