• Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Microsoft's reminder has appeared

Untitled1.png

1 week to go!

:)

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 1

Posted

Actually getting light too early now, it's fully light at 6am and wakes me up at 5.30. Total waste of daylight, why they don't go forward in February I'll never know. Only 5 days till the light evenings arrive- though there was still some twilight at 19.30 last night.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Yes its light far too early given how early it still gets dark. Deffo the clock change should be a month earlier! Although I admit its nice getting up with the sun well into the sky instead of at or below the horizon!

Posted

I love the fortnight before the clocks go forward, because early evenings start to become properly usable as it doesn't get dark until around 6:30pm - a sign that Spring (and Summer) is well on its way. It's also a tantalising sneak preview of what's to come from Sunday. :D

It doesn't seem likely we'll get GMT+1 in the winter any time soon, but shifting the clock change to end of Feb would be a nice compromise which would allow many people to take better advantage of the days getting longer at this time of year.

• Like 2

Posted

Just 3 days of pre 6am sunrises here before the clocks change, plunging us back to a 6:50 sunrise on the 29th.

It's not until April 20th that I see pre 6am sunrises again after Sunday.

Edited by March Blizzard

Posted

Just 3 days of pre 6am sunrises here before the clocks change, plunging us back to a 6:50 sunrise on the 29th.

It's not until April 20th that I see pre 6am sunrises again after Sunday.

Ah well only 22 days to wait for 50 odd minutes more, not a bad trade for those lovely light evenings!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Sunset is now after 7:30pm! Glory - it's back where it belongs!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Darker starts for me but way more natural light in the eveings again for painting/artwork, and the mornings will soon be lighter again. win-win :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

There was enough light in the sky yesterday at 8.30pm for me to have taken the dog for a walk across the fields. Amazingly light.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

There was enough light in the sky yesterday at 8.30pm for me to have taken the dog for a walk across the fields. Amazingly light.

Won't be long until the longest day :) then back on the slide we go!

Posted

The feeling of freedom this time of year brings is just wonderful. Being able to finish work at 6 and get somewhere to do stuff with still daylight to play with. Feels like you've gained so much extra time!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

May is here, and we now start to really feel the days drawing out, soon it will be light at 5am and not dark until after 9pm. I love this time of year, knowing there are another 6-7 weeks of increasing daylight left and the promise of ever increasing warmth. It is by far the most 'positive' time of year.

• Like 4

Posted

May is here, and we now start to really feel the days drawing out, soon it will be light at 5am and not dark until after 9pm. I love this time of year, knowing there are another 6-7 weeks of increasing daylight left and the promise of ever increasing warmth. It is by far the most 'positive' time of year.

Totally agree. I think May is my favourite month for that reason, although it was marred by the prospect of forthcoming exams when I was at school!

Edited by h2005uk
  • Like 2

Posted

Agree 100% - now till July is my favourite time of the year. Longest days and still plenty more fun to come.. and the horror of months like November & January seem at their most remote thankfully!

• Like 2

Posted

If only it would get warmer...

May is the first month of the year that can easily produce notable homegrown warmth. Yes we can get warm spells even in March, but it becomes much easier once we hit May. A high overhead and abundant sunshine can easily send temps into the mid 20's and you don't need warm uppers thanks to the strength of the sun. Also unlike July and August which tend to bring humid sticky hazy skies, May air is generally clean, and sparkling and comfortable.

• Like 1

Posted

absolutely rank out there the last couple of days in what has been a very benign Spring here.

Feels more like November today