The changing daylight hours thread

3 minutes ago, Zak M said:

Nights and evenings will start to get lighter in 4 weeks. Thank the lord. Absolutely hate these dark evenings.

You're nae the only one, Zak -- I hate it! Oh, I wish it could could be summer, every dayyyy! :santa-emoji:

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happens twice every year (March and September) near where I live, the sunsets between two trees. These two sunsets, 11 1/2 years apart March 2009 Last evening

You think? We get these same stories and debates every single year but nothing ever changes.   Long live GMT!

Well guess what LG, some of us here suffer from SAD so I can't tell you how much that can affect your mood and how much better daylight can make you feel. Need I remind you how much you complain about

Posted Images

On 22/11/2020 at 02:31, sarahng said:

Just another 11 minutes to lose in the afternoon for us, but a whole 35 in the morning!  22 days to go to the Shortest Day!

roll on spring and summer

• Like 1

Earliest Sunset is on the early side this year 15:38 on the 11th here, so less than two weeks away.
It stays the same for six days after that mind and barely noticeable subtle change until about Christmas.
It is rather bizarre the mornings continue to get darker until New Year though.
By 12th night things start to slowly accelerate towards spring and through February things really motor away.

6 minutes ago, 4wd said:

Earliest Sunset is on the early side this year 15:38 on the 11th here, so less than two weeks away.
It stays the same for six days after that mind and barely noticeable subtle change until about Christmas.
It is rather bizarre the mornings continue to get darker until New Year though.
By 12th night things start to slowly accelerate towards spring and through February things really motor away.

On the positive 3 weeks to go and we see evenings getting lighter , on the negative 6 weeks before mornings start to turn.

On 28/11/2020 at 14:51, damianslaw said:

On the positive 3 weeks to go and we see evenings getting lighter , on the negative 6 weeks before mornings start to turn.

yep that's the real depressing stat ..i don't really care about evenings being dark..but i loathe dark mornings