Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The changing daylight hours thread

Boydie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, warm, snow

Loving the lighter mornings and evenings but it is SOOOO cold!  Still wearing winter coat which is stupid for late April.  Where are those golden early mornings with the hint of summer on the air?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Morning all. 🙂

Just been having a look on the Time and Date website, and the lingering twilight is now upon the mainland UK! Because of 01:37 this morning, Aberdeen once more entered the world of the lingering twilight. 

The next time Aberdeen will see true darkness will be on the 13th of August!

For my neck of the woods, I've got a couple more weeks till we enter the world of the lingering twilight which will be on the 15th May!

Now I know many of you will disagree with me, (and if you do, then hey that's fine 🙂) but for me, the long hard slog up to the summer solstice is now underway for another year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.
Posted (edited)

Weather-history Oh god, that is depressing.

In our climate, so much of the year is one long, drawn-out slide into (a usually dull, wet and mild) winter. Climates which have decent weather in July, August and September are of course different.

The percentage of 2024 in which the weather is good and the nights are not drawing in will be staggeringly low.

Roll on 2025!

Edited by Summer8906

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

Evening everyone. 🙂

The time is 22:20, and I’ve just been out with the dog before I head off to bed, and there is still light in the sky over towards the north west! 

Then whilst the dog was snuffling around the garden, I had a look on the Time and Date website… And I noticed that the border town of Berwick upon Tweed is now in the land of the lingering twilight! 

Edited by Dangerous55019
Dyslexic fingers
  • Like 3

Posted

According to time and date, 10 May marks the first day here with 'no night' as such, meaning its twilight time. Mid May brings a marked change in the psyche and whilst heatwaves may be some time off yet, in feel we rush headstrong into 'early summer'. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Dangerous55019 13th May Edmonton enters the land of lingering twilight 😍 🎉