Sign in to follow this  
Paul

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

They are as well! They look like there merging?

The graphic looks like when you're making your own popcorn - lightning going off every other second. This is going to be a goodie.

Come to Mummy!

Edited by Iceni

I saw some lightning. Am i in the right area for another storm or too far east?

WArning!!! BIG Hail on the leading edge, thought a freight train was going through the house!

Wow hail and shotgun booms!

Got a storm streamer going on here !!!!

Getting a lot of strikes most of them forks here out in the thames!

Aided by the system moving through kent but these seem more local.

This is pretty good.

http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=en

OMG they're really picking up speed and intensity. Hastings is about to get a pasting.

I am down in Hastings now, I can confirm we are indeed getting a pasting. As good as the earlier one we had Friday evening. What a spell this is

Looks like that clusters going to go too far east for me. The majority of it anyway.

I am down in Hastings now, I can confirm we are indeed getting a pasting. As good as the earlier one we had Friday evening. What a spell this is

Give me some of that.

epic lightning here atm,loads coming across the channel,takes me back to the 80s this,imported storms,not only surviving the channel but growing along the way

Yippee - couple of big strikes have made it just nw of Braintree. Keep going north and we'll be in business. Nothing like Kent, but beggars can't be choosers.

And another much further nw about 20 miles south of Cambridge.... Please please please. Although God knows why — my dog will have a nervous breakdown.

Edited by Iceni

I counted a strike every 6 secs wow

We have lift off, getting some lightning now. Very distant thunder.

Strike every 4-5 seconds. Amazing lightening, so white.

A strike about 8 miles south of me. I'm hoping for that cell over Braintree. Come on!

Edited by Iceni

Loads of lightning. Virtually no thunder. Not complaining though. Nice clump to the SE of me in Braintree 

Homegrown fired up just near Braintree and building rapidly. A matter of whether or not it swings towards Cambridge way or pushes north and barely clips it. Tough call with this one, very unpredictable.

So far going spot on how I expected. Expected import stuff to be hitting around ways by 3-4 and homegrown stuff to start up around that time too. Very similar to last night, think this Braintree one will grow and grow, just hoping it pushes straight north and doesn't swing towards us...but even then there's every chance of more building and forming in the surrounding area.

Woke up with sweat dripping all over, unbelievable heat, making it that much worst.

Homegrown fired up just near Braintree and building rapidly. A matter of whether or not it swings towards Cambridge way or pushes north and barely clips it. Tough call with this one, very unpredictable.

So far going spot on how I expected. Expected import stuff to be hitting around ways by 3-4 and homegrown stuff to start up around that time too. Very similar to last night, think this Braintree one will grow and grow, just hoping it pushes straight north and doesn't swing towards us...but even then there's every chance of more building and forming in the surrounding area.

I'm salivating 

woken up again, frequent lightning to my south east/east. Lots of low rumbles. Tonnes of stuff piling in from France now

Woah! Had been quiet for a few minutes then one almighty flash-boom. Think Hastings may have a few more people awake after that!

Raining rather heavy here now... lightning flashing. I think storm is getting closer?

Lightening and thunder here. Though it has eased off for the mo. I have one squeaking, yapping and very stressed dog. The tube of primula spread is not cutting it this morning for him!