Sign in to follow this  
Paul

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Viewing plenty of lightning here now:-)

look like things  could  go bang here about mid  night if  the radar right!!!

really strange skys, black in the distance but close white clouds just building and spinning out of no where and moving really fast, its so still at ground level

Some impressive Cumulonimbus developing to the east of us here in Surrey. Something's brewingpost-9962-0-44377500-1405713359_thumb.jp

Edited by Jezzer

Thoughts on Western extent of this.

just had a big front line roll in here in Dover, pretty amazing site, it was very calm and then all of a sudden the wind whipped up and there's finally a nice breeze. Now it's very dark and there has been a few flashes and rumbles but nothing major yet. 

change that still bit, gusts from no where, blowing a gale in seconds

Fab webcam ty for the linkWill be popping there in aug while we holiday at selsey :)

Enjoy your holiday snowlady!

The rain seems to be developing on the radar actually in the Channel close to France so a chance that may turn thundery as it comes across. Fingers crossed anyway.

Blast! (or should it be donner and blitzen!) wont hear thunder now the music in the nightclub has started!

OOPS Forgot link.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Edited by coldfingers

Yep its to my east :)

Haven't hear anything here yet in Strood/Frindsbury, loopydreamerETA: Now I have  :D

Edited by Hellboy

dust devils blowing across the fields, loads of lightning

Some impressive Cumulonimbus developing to the east of us here in Surrey. Something's brewing!Posted Imageimage.jpg

Hold your phone upright or rotate the image with windows media player. Have similar skies here, only a lot darker!

Spontaneous perspiration alert  :rofl:

I'm just about to pootle round the estate in my sarong  :cold::D

Got hail falling here now, and not small either.

There will definitely be more tonight and tomorrow but just now there will be a gap.

Surely they won't be as bad as that beast?

Very humid in Deal, Just saw the same big front line roll as Updraft, dark skies and plenty of bubbling clouds to the south/south west. Few high flashes and rumbles and the gusts have just picked up. expecting a lot of rain in a few minutes. Have a great evening all you storm lovers.

Darkness increasing still building towards south west I think guys this could be severe tonight be carefull eriness and yellowing of skies, wind has completed stopped ;)

Edited by Chloe

First flashes of lightning, getting closer...

Greens, blues, browns and black skies here. Can see the storm front, plenty of flashes. Radar suggests that I will be very close to the edge of this.

Seeing flashes of lightning now and the breeze has got up... oooh soooo exciting :)

Cricket on sky sports 2 been suspended due to gusts from the incoming storm, sky looks scary!