Sign in to follow this  
Paul

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Max today 28.3C. Humidity 53% and falling.

Had a horrid day in the office yesterday so am working from home today which means cold melon from the fridge and the golf on tv. (I am working as well, honest!)

Hoping for a couple of cracking thunderstorms and some torrential downpours and then I hope we return to lovely summery weather.

Forecasts seem to be undecided as to whether we will see any rain or thundery showers here tonight. What are people's thoughts?

Max today 28.3C. Humidity 53% and falling.

Had a horrid day in the office yesterday so am working from home today which means cold melon from the fridge and the golf on tv. (I am working as well, honest!)

Hoping for a couple of cracking thunderstorms and some torrential downpours and then I hope we return to lovely summery weather.

That is exactly what is going to happen! http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/

Forecasts seem to be undecided as to whether we will see any rain or thundery showers here tonight. What are people's thoughts?

Tonight no, Friday night and Saturday looks better!

I think the forecasts are all the place, the one here is pure eye candy, while others I've seen either think Saturday for here is the big day, with bad storms while others say Friday morning onwards. I've even got a thunder symbol for my area for now but tha'ts a very outside chance.

Latest high-res UKMO (12Z) run now coming in, heaviest precip and thundery activity modelled to be West of London. Sporadic lightning over Essex/Kent.

2km for 02:00 BST FRIDAY morning not Saturday (do not share elsewhere without permission)

Posted Image

Edited by essexweather

Sporadic does not exactly sound like the storm fest I was hoping for.

Latest met forecast says a low of 20C tonight and up to 33C tomorrow, tropical temperatures!

And I wish people would stop getting worked up about whether they'll see a storm, these events never go as forecast so just enjoy the excitement and see what happens on the day, storms could pop up just about anywhere across the region

The sun is coming out now after a mainly cloudy day. Still got to 26C mind you.

Tomorrow looks very hot, and the following night will see temperatures around average...... for the middle of the day  :bomb:

The sun is coming out now after a mainly cloudy day. Still got to 26C mind you.

Tomorrow looks very hot, and the following night will see temperatures around average...... for the middle of the day  :bomb:

Friday night temps of 23c :shok:

And if we make 23c as a min then we will come close to equalling the record uk min night max 23.9c!! Going to be a difficult one tomorrow night!

Friday night temps of 23c :shok:

20-22C across the board so somewhere in London perhaps might get higher. So sunbathing at midnight  :rofl:

Well moon bathing/lightning bathing.

Far too hot out (and in for that matter), already showered twice today and a third may be in the offing.  Had a walk to the next village, which was nice, but the only comfy bit was the wooded park, the rest of the walk was in direct sunshine, not my idea of fun.

I'm probably out on a limb here, but I love this weather :)

Might have something to do with the fact that I'm a housewife these days. I used to be a grumpy manager in this weather but no more. The upside of being made redundant in 08 and discovering we can scrape by just, on one income.

Hubby on the other hand HATES anything over 20c so he's grumpy but I remember what it's like, so I really feel for anyone working in an  non airconditioned office / shop / warehouse or outside.Wouldn't it be nice though to have air con bedrooms.........

Edited by tadpole

I'm probably out on a limb here, but I love this weather :)

Might have something to do with the fact that I'm a housewife these days. I used to be a grumpy manager in this weather but no more. The upside of being mad redundant in 08 and discovering we can scrape by just, on one income.

Hubby on the other hand HATES anything over 20c so he's grumpy but I remember what it's like, so I really feel for anyone working in an  non airconditioned office / shop / warehouse or outside.Wouldn't it be nice though to have air con bedrooms.........

Hi Tadpole, hope you are well!  Great for the more exotic plants in the garden too, this weather!

Edited by lassie23

NMM 12Z showing a slight shift East again on Saturday morning. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

The transfer of lower level heat moving up from Southwestern France will peak over SE England later tomorrow afternoon. 31C just be reached in a number of locations with a max of 33c possible, I am going for the Gatwick area.

Edited by carinthian

I'm probably out on a limb here, but I love this weather :)Might have something to do with the fact that I'm a housewife these days. I used to be a grumpy manager in this weather but no more. The upside of being mad redundant in 08 and discovering we can scrape by just, on one income.Hubby on the other hand HATES anything over 20c so he's grumpy but I remember what it's like, so I really feel for anyone working in an  non airconditioned office / shop / warehouse or outside.Wouldn't it be nice though to have air con bedrooms.........

Couldnt agree more. Just look back to last Thursday. Cold grey rain and windy.... I'd take this for the next week or two. Plus running in this weather is great fun (I get a good suntan) haha

Phew! That was a fairly unpleasant commute. Just got home and opened every single window in the house, and have settled down with a very very cold wine and a browse of the models. Just checked out that little beast to the southwest, I imagine there's a great lightshow off the Cornish Coast right now!

Apologies for being absent. Much going on with my studies at the moment.

Well I said back in the wet Winter I would complain about the heat, so here I am and I am complaining! Not looking forward to tomorrow. Sitting at the P.C. trying to finish my essays has not been fun  :nonono:

We had a real cracker of a storm here last Wednesday and hoping Saturday brings us another few!

looking amazing down in the SW..

meanwhile in Bedford, cooling down, quite a nice warm breeze, high cloud :bomb:

Tomorrow

Posted Image

Moderate south/south easterly flow

Posted Image

850s of around +16C

Looks dry for the most part, though there might be some storms to start, especially in the west.

Temperatures - 28-32C

Friday night

Posted Image

Still the chance of something big hitting us, probably more western parts of the region will be more prone to this.

Very warm night, lows not getting below 20C

Saturday

Posted Image

Light southerly flow

Note the front, we are still on the hot side of it. Expect some big thunderstorms to develop in the event that we get any clearer breaks

Posted Image

850s are hotter than tomorrow.

Temperatures - 25-30C

Saturday night

Posted Image

The front staggers east, we could see some more storms moving up from France along this boundary. Temperatures probably 16-18C.

Sunday

Posted Image

Light westerly flow. Cooler

Posted Image

Expect some scattered showers, some thundery

Temperatures - 23-27C, it should feel a bit fresher.

The transfer of lower level heat moving up from Southwestern France will peak over SE England later tomorrow afternoon. 31C just be reached in a number of locations with a max of 33c possible, I am going for the Gatwick area.

You may be right, but I'd go for north of London, perhaps Stansted or Mildenhall as the hotspots

Tomorrow

Posted Image

Moderate south/south easterly flow

Posted Image

850s of around +16C

Looks dry for the most part, though there might be some storms to start, especially in the west.

Temperatures - 28-32C

Friday night

Posted Image

Still the chance of something big hitting us, probably more western parts of the region will be more prone to this.

Very warm night, lows not getting below 20C

Saturday

Posted Image

Light southerly flow

Note the front, we are still on the hot side of it. Expect some big thunderstorms to develop in the event that we get any clearer breaks

Posted Image

850s are hotter than tomorrow.

Temperatures - 25-30C

Saturday night

Posted Image

The front staggers east, we could see some more storms moving up from France along this boundary. Temperatures probably 16-18C.

Sunday

Posted Image

Light westerly flow. Cooler

Posted Image

Expect some scattered showers, some thundery

Temperatures - 23-27C, it should feel a bit fresher.

Thought it was JP returning to the EA thread for a minute :-)

Good summary CS

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather

Oh my goodness I know it a Spanish plume but according to hot and cold spots on the site Cambridge is currently 60 Celsius . LOL