Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

took lil one out for a walk. Quite warm now, still can see my missed storm as well as maybe 4 more towers/showers/storms. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

ooh looks as though that Reading one has skirted the southern half of Reading - nought for the central and north... just a grew looking cloud.. Big old developing system though north of Salisbury currently... with temps rising this could help?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Big red blob heading my way on the radar, surely can't miss this one! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Hail storm but no thunder! Lasted 10 minutes! :wallbash::rofl:

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Big booms and forked lightning as the storm passed right over, now heading off east. Poor dog wet himself in the kitchen luckily not on the carpets.

Must say this has been the perfect summer from my point of view — when it's rained, it's been mostly at night or early morning and I haven't had to get the hose down to the veg garden once. I'm not going abroad at all and don't need to as it's been sunny most days.

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 1

Posted

Storm in far NE London. My dad text hoping to see the Lancaster bombers fly over and moaned he got a storm instead.

EE should get some of the storm.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Had a storm pass here just now and some very heavy rain and hail...good call by the MetO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Aha.

I hear thunder.

Is it all in your head? :unknw:  Or are you finally getting a storm? :clapping: :clapping:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Big thunderstorm in Colchester, torrential rain, frequent loud thunder and almost dark enough for street lights to come on

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything out of the ordinary, except extreme heat

Hi everyone? Any other Thurrock people about? Just had a very eventful short drive from Lakeside back to Ockendon. I could hear thunder in Tescos and the sky was black over Kent. I know they say the car is one of the safest places to be in a thunderstorm. However, not when you're distracted by forked lightning, loud thunder, gale force winds, stair rod rain and flooded roads! It's only a couple of miles to my house from Lakeside. It took forever, not to mention my thunder headache and goosebumps! Back indoors now and its still rumbling around nicely with the odd flash of lightning to boot. My family think I'm obsessed by storms ... they're not wrong!

• Like 1

Posted

Direct hit for SE London (Greenwich) 30min back. Continuous lightning CG all around and gunshot thunder. Local roads flooding. Great fun stuff except I was stuck out in it and a little damp now :0)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Just rain now and chilly at 16C, brrr, awful for Aug!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Storms have decayed alot here as they are now going south west to north east, instead of coming from the west :(

• Like 1

Posted

Is it all in your head? :unknw:  Or are you finally getting a storm? :clapping: :clapping:

Don't think so.

Just had a nice few rumbles.

Makes a change. :clapping: