Local
Radar
Snow?

Storm and Convective Discussion 10th June Onwards

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big storms kicking off again on the continent, further E today. Lots of heavy and thundery showers across N and W UK too. The supposedly most thunder-prone part of the UK, the SE, is yet again storm free.

Nice little storms today, we had 2-3 of them, but most impressive was some of the cloudscapes.. anvils all around, and not small ones.. absolutely huge ones.

2 lightning cores, one to my NW and one west, all only about 5 miles away!

Looks like it's in-between both of us. I wonder what it's like in Prescot or St Helens.

Well weve had 4 days of storms here! 3 times a day as well, i posted yesterday when we had one in the afternoon and later yesterday we had anither round of storms and today we had a thunderstorm early morning, early mid afternoon, then about teatime we had a right storm after storm, heres the video footage, well pics from the vid i was taking of it all, also horizontal rain and wind squalls today too!post-16218-0-76373400-1402423734_thumb.j

post-16218-0-91755200-1402423749_thumb.j

post-16218-0-84729500-1402423771_thumb.j

• Like 4

Glad some of us in the NW are doing well today! Had some heavy showers this morning but missed out on all the thundery activity this afternoon :( 

Looking forward to some settled dry weather over the next few days! :) 

Big storms kicking off again on the continent, further E today. Lots of heavy and thundery showers across N and W UK too. The supposedly most thunder-prone part of the UK, the SE, is yet again storm free.

Quite agree with that instead of the south doing well. In recent times there has been a flip. This has not been the only occasion, Wales and NW - have done excellent for storms. Edited by Daniel*