Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Storm and convective discussion 9th June

We'll the storm cleared us just before 6 torrential rain and some good thunder and lightening is still very very humid here got every window open and still boiling

Blackpool webcam looking over irish sea... www.metfy.info sun in view at the moment but dark clouds building south over Ribble area off N Wales... any one got storms that way yet?

It's raining a bit more now and it lovely outside. The smell of summer rain is quite special, with or without thunder. 

If it does a mental up north that will be 'as per usual'

Just been in the garden to cloud check, very odd with the light rain falling and the patio still warm under foot!

I have to agree the smell of summer rain is wonderfull! Lol im fully expecting that to happen yet again. Might have to move to linconshire, cheapest house prices in the uk....

just finished hoeing me turnips all's well out there lol.

False positives on the south coast? 

Fantastic - can really see the frequency of the lightning.

So a beast of a storm is heading towards Cannock and I'm not there. Sodding typical.

Was quite good yeah, thinking of ajpoolshark as well, I have seen 2 decent storms in 3 days, and apparantely Cannock chase had a good one yesterday but that missed me

Just had another spell of moderate rainfall here, just enough to dampen the ground. Sky is getting very dark in places and looking very unstable in the mid levels, also still very humid and warm. It feels like it's going to go BANG! but will have to wait and see...

Watching the Aachen webcam and it's gone black as night there, lightning is incredible at the minute.

Edited by SnowJoke

More heavy showers moving across the channel. No lightning yet tho.

Just been looking outside and TBH if i'd had the clouds i have now earlier, I would of been doing the CanCan. When I went to collect little one, it was more or less wall to wall sunshine and now it looks the stormiest it has since we had some storms a few weeks back. Been eyeing up the cell  for a bit in the channel but..

Shame Mr radar will say NO. :whistling:

Edited by Dami

Blackpool webcam looking over irish sea... www.metfy.info sun in view at the moment but dark clouds building south over Ribble area off N Wales... any one got storms that way yet?

I'm in the North West of Wales. Nothing yet here, but clouds are bubbling. North East Wales seems to have something developing. 

Hey there,, I've been watching the forum for a fair while again..I used to be a member "theredarrows" but left the site after being on here for years. I've decided to come back to join in on the fun.. new people on here aswell as the old.

Back to the weather I really think we're relying on storms from the Continent to make their way up here, survive the channel cross and clip a few of us. Temps look good here but I'm not too sure on enough convection at present for home growns. If we're lucky then Southern counties, Kent and possible EA may get something but I'm not holding my breath.. As per usual storms have darted straight up the middle of the country and hit the usual areas. Even if we don't get storms it's nice to have some summery weather :)

Edited by theredarrows1986

Nice day for gardening, not much else to say really! The usual SE'ly breeze helped keep the humidity down to a reasonable level, max temp 22/23C.

As others have said, it all looks very unstable up there at the moment.