Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Storm and convective discussion 9th June

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Yes, with the exception of CENTRAL Midlands, such as my area. The storms on Saturday missed this area, literally just missed by 5 miles. Today the storms took a similar path, except a bit further West. The East & West Midlands has had more luck with storms than Central.

Yeah quite a few near misses. I miss the pre-2006 active period.
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 970
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

We have drizzle!!!!

Edit: Its over.

OMG I missed it. 

Edit. no, no a few drops of rain here now, the remains of what could of been

Edited by Dami
    • Like 3
    Posted

The atmosphere is destabilising over London right now, getting darker to the south. Some Convective rainfall also, not much though. Anyone further south of London getting any Cbs?

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

convection out to my far west atm

Posted

Definitely starting to feel stormy here, though whether we get any thunder remains to be seen. Here's hoping!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

The atmosphere is destabilising over London right now, getting darker to the south. Some Convective rainfall also, not much though. Anyone further south of London getting any Cbs?

Maybe, but the low blanket of cloud makes it difficult to see. It looks potentially stormy, but nothing concrete.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Tipping it down here now,no bangs `n` crashes ,,.,,yet (he hopes).

Posted

Cloud coming up from the south into leicester at the moment!!hopefully develops into something more!

Posted

Maybe, but the low blanket of cloud makes it difficult to see. It looks potentially stormy, but nothing concrete.

A few isolated CB's around. As you say though, nothing concrete. It might be some of the energy being shunted out of the main storms, so just leftovers. 

Posted

Absolutely nothing all day in Spalding no rain whatsoever. In fact all we've had is a small storm first thing (around 8:20AM) on Saturday and rain later on that day.

Although as I type this there is some sort of development to the South as I look out of my window, keeping an eye on the radar too..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

OMG I missed it. 

Edit. no, no a few drops of rain here now, the remains of what could of been

Cant catch a break can we!! I bet it explodes when it reaches Lincolnshire...

• Like 3
    Posted

Looks kind of interesting! Still hoping for something in this area, muggy and humid, thought I saw mammatus earlier but not defined.

Edited by cloudsabove
    • Like 1
    Posted

Cant catch a break can we!! I bet it explodes when it reaches Lincolnshire...

It's raining a bit more now and it lovely outside. The smell of summer rain is quite special, with or without thunder. 

If it does a mental up north that will be 'as per usual'

• Like 2
    Posted

Getting quite dark now and wind has picked up. Still very warm and humid.

Posted

Line of storms from The Channel right down to Spain now, is it to much to ask for it to connect up with the Lincolnshire storms, some serious destabilisation going on there now.