Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Storm and convective discussion 9th June

Yes, with the exception of CENTRAL Midlands, such as my area. The storms on Saturday missed this area, literally just missed by 5 miles. Today the storms took a similar path, except a bit further West. The East & West Midlands has had more luck with storms than Central.

Yeah quite a few near misses. I miss the pre-2006 active period.

The areas of rain over the South are certainly getting bigger, but not electrified. 

We have drizzle!!!!

Edit: Its over.

OMG I missed it. 

Edit. no, no a few drops of rain here now, the remains of what could of been

Edited by Dami

The atmosphere is destabilising over London right now, getting darker to the south. Some Convective rainfall also, not much though. Anyone further south of London getting any Cbs?

heads up to mid-France ....

might be heading this way

The atmosphere is destabilising over London right now, getting darker to the south. Some Convective rainfall also, not much though. Anyone further south of London getting any Cbs?

Maybe, but the low blanket of cloud makes it difficult to see. It looks potentially stormy, but nothing concrete.

Definitely starting to feel stormy here, though whether we get any thunder remains to be seen. Here's hoping!

Cloud coming up from the south into leicester at the moment!!hopefully develops into something more!

Maybe, but the low blanket of cloud makes it difficult to see. It looks potentially stormy, but nothing concrete.

A few isolated CB's around. As you say though, nothing concrete. It might be some of the energy being shunted out of the main storms, so just leftovers. 

Absolutely nothing all day in Spalding no rain whatsoever. In fact all we've had is a small storm first thing (around 8:20AM) on Saturday and rain later on that day.

Although as I type this there is some sort of development to the South as I look out of my window, keeping an eye on the radar too..

OMG I missed it. 

Edit. no, no a few drops of rain here now, the remains of what could of been

Cant catch a break can we!! I bet it explodes when it reaches Lincolnshire...

Cant catch a break can we!! I bet it explodes when it reaches Lincolnshire...

It's raining a bit more now and it lovely outside. The smell of summer rain is quite special, with or without thunder. 

If it does a mental up north that will be 'as per usual'

Getting quite dark now and wind has picked up. Still very warm and humid.

Line of storms from The Channel right down to Spain now, is it to much to ask for it to connect up with the Lincolnshire storms, some serious destabilisation going on there now.

Few Torrential showers popping up right from the SW England to SE England!