Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion for 06/0614 - 07-06-14

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Current skies here how, looks great!

Posted Imagepicture105.jpg

Edit: Camera isn't very clear.

Ooh, lovely pic showing my favourite type of cloud, thick Ac Cas  :good:

Moderate rain falling now as the massive clump of rain has reached us (at quite a pace too!). I'm wondering if our best bet is for this rain to cruise on through for the next couple of hours and perhaps we could get a thundery shower in the clear, sunnier conditions behind?

If not, Twister is on ITV2 this afternoon, so not a complete bust lol :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

We're running a bit low on activity atm folks!! Could have done with a window of daytime heating it's a shame the cold front couldn't have moved in a bit later letting the warm air become more established. Still, the day is only young... Keep the faith!!  :bomb:

post-9615-0-70038700-1402137756_thumb.pn

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Nothing thundery around here at all, just a hour or so of moderate to heavy rainfall which is now clearing northwards, thoroughly rubbish to be honest considering how the storms over France intensified last night and managed to split east and west leaving the middle south of the country storm free  :aggressive:

Posted

well, looking at the forecast, the storms side of it has gone, just left with heavy rain showers by the looks of things, still had a reasonable storm earlier so not all bad

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Disappointing for NW London so far! Just one distant rumble of thunder early morning and light rain! I'm never reading The Daily Express again! :laugh::p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

El. Tempesto went a bit pear shaped!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

Posted

We're running a bit low on activity atm folks!! Could have done with a window of daytime heating it's a shame the cold front couldn't have moved in a bit later letting the warm air become more established. Still, the day is only young... Keep the faith!!  :bomb:

Posted Imagelight1.PNG

Agreed we have had no surface heating, no spark at all. If it does not look good by 3PM I may be raising the white flag. :(
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Nothing thundery around here at all, just a hour or so of moderate to heavy rainfall which is now clearing northwards, thoroughly rubbish to be honest considering how the storms over France intensified last night and managed to split east and west leaving the middle south of the country storm free  :aggressive:

similar situation here. feeling a bit storm starved to be honest, but it's the 'nature of the best' some get 'em, some don't ......classic plume event this past 12 hours, some excellent elevated storms overnight as forecast...re. today, it's a case of waiting and seeing if mid-level leftover crud can break up enough to allow solar heating to release surface convective potential.....east midlands, east anglia, lincs & yorks look like the most promising areas for surface based convection.....good luck to those in highlighted areas  :good:

• Like 2

Posted

El. Tempesto went a bit pear shaped!!!!!!!!!

have a look at the lightning detections and distributions Paul and you'll see that nothing has gone a bit pear shaped!  :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Go towards Norfolk at the moment as that's where most of the electrical activity seems to be! This is kind of a bust so far. I've had to chase East to get under the Norfolk storm, and that one over the south coast has completely died !! Good job I have a car. I'm on nights tonight as well lol

Very little activity to be honest, more like April showery type stuff and they are fairly hurtling along I may add. Definitely no thunder heard.

Posted

Sun out here now. Hoping that will Heath things up and provoke some action later in the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

have a look at the lightning detections and distributions Paul and you'll see that nothing has gone a bit pear shaped!  :rolleyes:

IMBYISM at its best

Posted

Where abouts are you Stephanie?

Could you pop your location in your avatar pls?

Posted

Rain, rain, rain - dull looking cloud cover, think we had our lot here early this morning.

Posted

the back edge of the cold front has passed though here now leaving beautiful clear skies and lovely and warm.......some sharp showers developing in the post frontal airmass over Devon

Posted

Chez,back edge of the band down sc england and sw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

similar situation here. feeling a bit storm starved to be honest, but it's the 'nature of the best' some get 'em, some don't ......classic plume event this past 12 hours, some excellent elevated storms overnight as forecast...re. today, it's a case of waiting and seeing if mid-level leftover crud can break up enough to allow solar heating to release surface convective potential.....east midlands, east anglia, lincs & yorks look like the most promising areas for surface based convection.....good luck to those in highlighted areas  :good:

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't this rain and crud the CF and thus the air behind it is supposedly more stable and so storms less likely. I am speaking in regards to the East Midlands and Lincolnshire.
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Just drizzle so far

Posted

IMBYISM at its best

pardon?......I haven't had any storms at all from this event so how on earth can it be IMBYism......sorry Paul, but your post is just plain daft