Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / storm Discussion - 22nd May 2014 onwards

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The NMM is pretty keen on imports. I'd put areas between the IoW and Brighton to have first dibs..

post-15177-0-05053100-1401037534_thumb.ppost-15177-0-51004100-1401037540_thumb.ppost-15177-0-91782500-1401037546_thumb.ppost-15177-0-58093400-1401037553_thumb.ppost-15177-0-11400400-1401037561_thumb.p

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Just the odd heavy shower brewing up today but nothing electrified - looked close at one point! Eastern parts of Cumbria have done a little better with some sferics showing up and some strikes near Blackpool just recently. Fine evening here with sunshine.  

Just the odd heavy shower brewing up today but nothing electrified - looked close at one point! Eastern parts of Cumbria have done a little better with some sferics showing up and some strikes near Blackpool just recently. Fine evening here with sunshine.

some beefy towers out there , looks like a production line from Blackpool in to the lakes , missing me completely though !!....
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Looks like some showers and storms beginning to appear over N France, heading towards S England. Any risk of storms tonight/tomorrow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Had some nice mammatus clouds on the back end of the storm yesterday! Sorry about the picture, taken on my useless phone whilst on the busOh.. You'll have to turn your heads or screens upside down :p

post-10954-0-23719800-1401043659_thumb.j

post-7292-0-85651100-1401043783_thumb.jp

Edited by lorenzo
  • Like 2

Posted

Ok guys, we got rained off yesterday at home against Birmingham :-(

Tomorrow we race Poole at home, 3pm first race...

What can we expect from the weather gods, from say 12 noon until around 18:00?

Our track is Leicester, oh, forgot to mention it's Speedway, and I work on track prep on race days..

Thanks

Speedway Slider..

Posted
Posted

right now severe development in southern germany heading for us...supercells fired up there and heading for my area!

http://www.t-online.de/wetter/niederschlagsradar/64094056

Edited by Knoxgar
  • Like 1

Posted

http://estofex.org/ Estofex with level 2 for our area tomorrow and tonight 2 supercells heading for us...niiiiice :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Well...Estofex very exciting reading for tomorrow evening/overnight for the SE, under a Lvl 1.

Certainly the potential for some scattered home grown showers, possibly thundery tomorrow afternoon, then eyes east overnight with some possibly quite intense downpours and potential thunderstorms moving out of the Lvl 2 zone over Benelux, at the moment over EA/Lincs - models seem to be in agreement on this at the moment but have been pushing it further south at times more across London/Home Counties...could be a case of now casting however nearer the time I suspect.

Will be awaiting the 00z and 06z models with interest

• Like 3

Posted

CAPE is increasing here, according to latest synops we are about to hit 900 in the next hour...tomorrow even higher!

Edited by Knoxgar
  • Like 2

Posted

Estofex have a level 1 for the midlands and east anglia tomorrow!!interesting to say the least!!

...and Kent :D (for now)

Posted

and Essex:)

Sorry...I have a misguided tendency to whack Essex into the EA bannerBefore I head for shut eye to the dulcet tones of Mr Dimbleby, I have to say that (on estofex) that has to be the biggest Lvl 1 area I've ever seen :O Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Sorry...I have a misguided tendency to whack Essex into the EA bannerBefore I head for shut eye to the dulcet tones of Mr Dimbleby, I have to say that (on estofex) that has to be the biggest Lvl 1 area I've ever seen :O

Could be similar to today. Blitzortung was near 14,000 strikes on the map for much of this afternoon over Europe. Very active day. Think tomorrow however for the SE that heavy rain is the main focus. Not worth getting too excited about at this stage imo as these situations can change even now and especially in recent years where the trend is for continental imports to decide they suddenly don't like the UK and buggar off elsewhere. Could be even worse from now on following the EU elections... LOL.

Posted

The way things have gone here over the last week regarding storms is pretty depressing not one flash or rumble just boring rain is as good as it got.Wonder how much a ticket to Ludwigshafen is get myself in on Knoxgars action lol.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

GFS had me down for over 50mm of rain between monday and tuesday, now it's showing about 8mm :p

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

https://vimeo.com/96453061

My video of the gust front, captured yesterday, near my location. Still getting to grips with camera teething problems with time lapse settings, and the encoding etc. Other pics of it:

post-7276-0-02136900-1401067567_thumb.jp

post-7276-0-46879200-1401067933_thumb.jp

Edited by cloudsabove
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Is thunder back in the forecast? The bbc have changed their London forecast three times, it's driving me nuts! First thunder, then to heavy rain, now light rain! :help: The met office are saying that there is a risk of thunder this afternoon!  Drizzle or thunder? :cc_confused: :cc_confused: :unknw:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Certainly a risk is there today. The main interest is that nasty looking feature coming out of holland tonight though.

Posted

is 00z showing heavy precipitation tonight quite a bit further north again ? missing, Kent, Essex and Suffolk - or am I looking at it wrong ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

An import here this morning if rather weak. Weak convection with low CAPE and positive Lifted Index could beef it up later. We'll have to see.