• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Although GFS doesn't looks too interested in the thunder tonight, as that mass of heavy rain moves out of France, Met Office UK forecast outlook does mention embedded CBs and isolated TS spreading in

Some quick thoughts on Cape and Instability.  Lets say you have a parcel of air at the surface and it has a temperature of 20 C and a Dewpoint of 14 C. As this air parcel rises it would cool at a rat

All stopped now. Here's the back edge of the cell that's just left the south coast.  

Posted Images

Wow temp just dropped from 13.5 to 12.1 deg c in 5 mins after last hail storm ,16.8 mm of rain so far with thunder still going overhead !

The hail was quite big, it was like marbles dropping out of the sky! We've been lucky so far today and hopefully more thunder, lightning and hail to come. :)

Just goes to show...so far most of the electrical activity has been outside of the estofex 50% chance marker...precisely why, that while Estofex usually are very good, they are far from infallible...just thought I'd throw that out there

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

Really...Been waiting for months......

Its been nearly a year since i've seen anything close to today! The storms are moving North and should grow in strength, organisation and intensity as they do so.

• Like 1

Look at London it's like someone has put a no weather dome over it lol

Both London and Bristol seem to have no weather domes over them.

Definitely some rotation within these clouds might get video going...

Yep, lots of different directions of movement within a cloud here, tried to video on my crappy phone but no luck.

Also.... it looking like the low, whispy loud  was rising from the horizon!!

There's only one way to describe the clouds today.......sexy.

Well as usual Weston misses out on a storm so far. Some great growing cumulus out there though, just shooting straight up from the angle I am looking.

post-21597-0-19154000-1400763145_thumb.j

Edited by elfinpunk
  • Like 2

Big hail here on the ground at Bracknell. 5p size! Watching the cell shooting up now from behind it. Definite seperation of up/downdraft. Sirens going off. Awesome!!

• Like 2