Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 14th May 2014 onwards

Posted

here we go, current lightning strikes....look at the English Channel and northern France...It's all happening!

http:////f1.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gifUntitled1.png

I think the steering wind will pull that lot well to the west of London,hope  I am wrong. Could anyone post a chart, sorry I am unable to :)

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

lol @ the use of chap

I know Chap :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy

Slightly off topic but out of interest has there been an MCS hit central southern England in recent times? Im sure there was one in the 90's as i remember when I lived in Hampshire we had a cracking storm that went on for several hours one summer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

Tbh I had low expectations for tonight, but looking at what's happening in the channel and France I'm starting to get quite excited. Best bit is it seems to be developing quite rapidly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Non stop lightening flashs on this live cam at Le Mans http://www.viewsurf.com/univers/trafic/vue/7512-france-pays-de-la-loire-le-mans-bif-a11-a81-pres-du-mans-vue-orientee-vers-angers Just noticed it loops the playback every so often.

Wow that is nice!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Looks like my round 2 might come from Liverpool area

Posted

If the France MCS stays at it is then pretty much all of central England (spanning Bristol to London northwards) will be seeing a early-morning light show, sun is up around 5am in these parts but from memory these things usually get up into the North by 3am with the occasional cell ahead of it forming via forcing.

• Like 2

Posted

Slightly off topic but out of interest has there been an MCS hit central southern England in recent times? Im sure there was one in the 90's as i remember when I lived in Hampshire we had a cracking storm that went on for several hours one summer

I remember them well too. From what I recall, the last MCS in my area was the early 2000s!!

Posted

Even though its still a little way off, it sounds pretty explosive! Does high based storms produce positive lightning? because the thunder really does have an amazing deep rumble.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

There is quite a few distant flashes of lightning and distant rumbles of thunder. But, there is just steady light rain at the moment, here.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Is this what happens when we don't have a cold snowy winter?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

The BBC look really stupid now.

• Like 7

Posted

If the France MCS stays at it is then pretty much all of central England (spanning Bristol to London northwards) will be seeing a early-morning light show, sun is up around 5am in these parts but from memory these things usually get up into the North by 3am with the occasional cell ahead of it forming via forcing.

Not 100% convinced we have an MCS as yet...all looks a bit linear to me at this stage.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

There is plenty of energy in the Atmosphere for pyrotechnics for the bulk of the uk away from the East of Britain, What is drifting North from the Continent as plenty to tap into overnight....

post-6830-0-37382800-1400528202_thumb.pn

post-6830-0-51115200-1400528246_thumb.pn

Edited by ANYWEATHER
  • Like 4

Posted

Not 100% convinced we have an MCS as yet...all looks a bit linear to me at this stage.

What ever it is. I'm very excited, I will be keen to see how the situation develops :) Oh please hit London, I have the camera at the ready, the trajectory points to the SE. Further east for a change may get lucky. Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I can't help but get excited now. It has been too long since a 'storm' hit rather than a shower with a few rumbles in it. I'm off to the quay inn for a few sherbert's in a bit, perfect combo if I get lucky. :)

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 2

Posted

What ever it is. I'm very excited, I will be keen to see how the situation develops :) Oh please hit London, I have the camera at the ready, the trajectory points to the SE. Further east for a change may get lucky.

I'm with you 100%...fingers crossed :D
  • Like 1

Posted

We must be right on the edge of the cell over West Derby - very very dark sky to the S of me and almost constant rumbles of thunder. Not quite over us yet though!

Posted

There is plenty of energy in the Atmosphere for pyrotechnics for the bulk of the uk away from the East of Britain, What is drifting North from the Continent as plenty to tap into overnight....

Music to my ears.