Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 14th May 2014 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

Blue sky all morning. I kept checking the sky, still blue. I have a shower, I look out of the window and hey presto, I've been expecting you :-)

post-7331-0-95607800-1400498672_thumb.jp

post-7331-0-01694900-1400499001_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Expecting the usual snooze-a-thon non event for Cheshire then. Slinking off to the NSC for the 2014 "storm season"...............

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Also the Netweather forecast has us down 7-10pm as a 77% chance of thunderstorms! Kiss of Death!!

Posted

Had no idea there were so much activity in Wales early this morning, not a drop of rain last night. Might have been some distant lightning and thunder that I slept through,  seems it mainly passed to the West. Anyway lets hope we get hit today, looking fairly promising.

Currently calm with spells of sunshine and a lot of altocumulus castellanus and higher level cirrus/cirrostratus.

Had a a few rumbles with heavy rain and black skies at around 10:30AM here in the North West

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Satellite over the last hour indicates increasing cloud development inlandhttp://www.sat24.com/en/gb

Nice timelapse of the cloud development over the UK, keeping my eye on that! Edited by Ben Sainsbury
  • Like 1

Posted

Cloud building over Manchester now just waiting for the trigger , if it comes !!!........

Become notable now. After the shower had cleared through it was clear skies but cumulus development has been increasing and well under way. Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Pouring down now, big drops! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Off work today and I'm planning a drive west towards the Pennines later. It's ages since I've chased any storms in the UK and I've got my appetite back now. Hoping they will develop in a similar position to last night so I can head up to the top of the moors at Waskerley. 

I'm wishing I was off tomorrow too though, Met Office warning just out... http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=uk&tab=map

Might have to take my camera to work and try to get away early.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1400540400&regionName=ne

I am happy with that from my perspective on Tuesday - but saying that we've had warnings before and nothing happen so nowcasting and an exciting afternoon radar watching for me after work!

Satellite over the last hour indicates increasing cloud development inlandhttp://www.sat24.com/en/gb

Can confirm that; some lovely cumulus building, although I'll take Brickfielders comments on board. You never know though, anything today would be a bonus :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

after a short heavy downpour with big drops the sun is coming out again, which is a good thing i think?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

the meto rainfall map is very good for my area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1400540400&regionName=ne

I am happy with that from my perspective on Tuesday - but saying that we've had warnings before and nothing happen so nowcasting and an exciting afternoon radar watching for me after work!

Surprised the zone is so relatively small...

Posted

Scattered cumulus here, seen one or two with a little more vertical development, i.e some bigger congestus looking stuff off to the north earlier. I notice the BBC going for a few heavy showers breaking out even down to London on news 24 forecast just then.. Tomorrow may be mainly Northern England (maybe N Midlands) going by them, too far for me and a friend to meet up and chase probably..

Of course some more storms quite likely back home in Devon again this Evening, yet looks like my uni area missing out like normal, unless some elevated stuff can arrive later tonight and not weaken like shown on the BBC maps (not that I should probably trust them too much)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Think I am relying on an import later. My storm risk is apparently 83%, but I think I'll stick to nowcasting.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Not expecting much here, everything looks to slip south or west. Wales, parts of SW England and Northern England look best to me this week.

Posted

Cloud build up increasing here just hopefully will get the trigger !

• Like 1