Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

So a polar low it is then after all. Plenty of satellite and radar watching over the coming hrs :) and also keeping an eye on the temps,which hopefully if anything comes my way the temps will be cold enough. Another nowcast job.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind

Heavy snow continuing, Thought it would pass quickly but still intensifying on the radar. Now sticking on the roads.

• Like 4

Posted

Snowing heavily in Antrim for the past wee while.  Now starting to settle on the wet roads :D   Surprising as wasn't expecting much today

• Like 1

Posted

Well, I think technically it isn't a polar low however who cares, it could bring decent snowfall to North Eastern counties, and that's the main thing.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

Well, I think technically it isn't a polar low however who cares, it could bring decent snowfall to North Eastern counties, and that's the main thing.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a little less cold. Do you think this feature or whatever one wants to call it that has cropped up will make any differance to tomorrows predicted temps?

Edited by sundog

Posted

U would think so but I'm too close to the north coast probably rain/ sleet, snow inland. I'm getting seriously jealous, I've a feeling I'll even miss out on any snow this weekend!

Driving to alder groove later so will provide a snow report for most of Antrim later :)

• Like 2

Posted

Just checked radar again! That precip going to cover more areas now than I thought! Prob be sleet for me but some of you going to do really well out of this by the looks of it. Probably more inland areas!

Posted

Flash warning :)  ni weather

A YELLOW FLASH warning of Snow has been issued for parts of Northern Ireland.

A polar low has developed near Scoland and is expected to track over eastern areas of NI this evening, this was unexpected hence a flash warning has been issued. This is likely to bring an area of snow for Co Antrim and Co Down, which could be heavy. Accumulations of 2 - 5 cm are likely in a short space of time and accumulations of up to 10cm locally and over the hills.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

NIW have a warning up on Facebook now. The line has me teetering on the brink lol.

post-15619-0-21295800-1422558153_thumb.j

Edited by Juuyoku
  • Like 1

Posted

Belmullet just had a 47 Knot Gust, Malin Head 45 Knot Gust. Potential for Gael force winds for a time tonight on the western flank of the low. So all sorts going on :D Good luck to all in Antrim and Down, I'd say there'll be some drifts on the Mournes tonight, hope it makes it into Louth. So much going on I can't keep track it all.