Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Having viewed the weather forecast earlier on it looks like you are going to get clobbered by heavy snow showers...enjoy. :)

once the cold air surges through, it will snow right to sea level for Northern Ireland, you might need some elevation for accumulations I would think over 150m, Ireland looks like a good place to be...

• Like 4

Posted

I'm still here folks. I'm always lurking and checking in to read every few days.

Truth to tell I've been a beta tester for a game on the iphone that has has been released now for over a year called galaxy on fire alliance or GoFA for short. I'm the leader of the Jedi on server 1. It takes up most of my spare time that I'm allowed by my wife and kids. We have a thriving community from across the world. We got ourselves a website and some of our guys put an album together. It's quite eclectic. kinda doors meets oasis meets leftfield. Anyway if your boarding check our website in www.gofajedi.com and if really bored join the game on server one and let me know. I'll get you into our academy.

One of our members works in a bar in cork and my folks went to it over the summer. He fed them and wouldnt let them pay. Gave them a tour of the factory. He is planning a star wars theme night and we are hopping one of our American guys will be over for it.

It does make me sound like a total need but you know what... We all love a bit of star wars and we could be doing far worse things.

Quere and windy out there the night hay!

Looking forward to some snow soon!!

• Like 5

Posted

As someone once said I haven't gone away your know! 

I still lurk. Good to see the aul hands are still about!

And of course welcome to the new!!!

Edited by Baltic Regions
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

loughmacrory chapel sits at 571ft asl, to the northeast is loughmacrory hill at 911ft asl.

There you are, I am just round the corner from the chapel so I'm a bit higher than I thought. Pomeroy snow, thought you would have been higher with the climb up to Pomeroy from Carrickmore? Then again you do ascend going from the Lough to Carrickmore so they may cancel each other out.

Edited by Sperrin
  • Like 1

Posted

This storm tonight is alot more notable than last nights! Very gusty with driving rain! Big temperature drop due soon and hopefully see some falling snow later!

Squall line just past over Derry and intensifying. Stretching from Ireland right up into Scotland on the radar and moving south east.

Edited by ronan

Posted

Some bite in the air this morning compared to last night.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

morning all .. welcome to sperrin .. brave man .. saw your first post on the model thread :)  ..

lovely soft hail here earlier .. now a mix of rain sleet and snow  ..

Posted

Some blizzard here at the minute. Snow settling.

Brave? Why is that? Did I break an unwritten rule? Haha.

I remain hopeful for later this afternoon but at the moment the met office warning for snow today is a bit of an over exaggeration to say the least! Frequent snow showers? Looking at radar it's all very spotty and more isolated. Rest of week looks same. Wintry showers snow generally high ground. Rather disappointing I must admit. We havnt even had a cloud in the sky today yet. Unbroken sunshine since I woke up. Don't think warning should have been for all of Northern Ireland but just for NW regions. Though it could change later. Rant over but I hope some of you get better chances than I look like getting. Must nearly be beer o'clock !

Posted

Sleet on hill road from coleraine to limavady, not very exciting so far :(

Posted

According to the BBC hourly forecasts there was a lull in mid afternoon with it picking up again by early evening.

If you click on the link below there appears to be a larger precipitation system heading out way around that exact time.

http://m.accuweather.com/en/gb/omagh/bt78-1/satellite/330131

Looking further ahead we seem to be set for a good week on the snow front.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost

Today is beautiful .. perfect for outdoors wrapped in waterproofs .. 4'C wintery showers .. plenty of things to do .. :)