Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

post-7812-0-08611000-1419775040_thumb.jppost-7812-0-88701200-1419775050_thumb.jpwent up sliabh beagh for a walk earlier and very wintry above 300mts. beautiful cold winters day!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Nice pics BIG LAD! Still waiting to see something like that on the mountains around here.

Temps now falling back, currently 1.7C after a max earlier of 2.2C. Certainly a chilly day out, with lots of frost about.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Max today here was 2.4c around 2.20pm. The coldest day ive recoreded since March 2013. The temp went below 0c about 4.45pm, i think the most early in the evening it has done so here since Dec 2010.

Current  temp -0.5c.

• Like 1

Posted

Looking like temps could drop to -6/-7 tonight. Probably aided by the fact that the frost hasn't lifted here all day! Had a lovely drive up over the Glenshane today with an inch or so on the top!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Aye there's even frost left that was exposed to the sun here already a hard frost here and it's not 6 yet glad we're both off tomorrow morning

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

You could literally ice skate down my street and it's only 6 I'm worried now about picking up the misuses at 8 the road she works down is awful in the ice was really bad this morning it's only going to be worse tonight

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

serious wintry conditions here tonight. dense freezing fog, widespread severe frost. outside temp of -1.8c.

most of the frost did not melt today, haven't seen conditions like this since december 2009.

Edited by stormforce 10
  • Like 4

Posted

-1.8C here now, mostly clear but starting to turn a little misty. Max of just 2.2C, so the first day of winter with an average below freezing is pretty much certain.

• Like 4

Posted

-2.3c here atm,coldest temp ive recorded so far of this year 2014 and winter. Great to see cold nights like this again after what happened last winter.

I see more winter is over posts in the Mod thread and here we are in Ireland and Britain having some decent enough winter weather in my book atm :fool:  ,granted this little spell will be shortlived but still nice to have it imo. I love this weather type.

Edited by sundog
  • Like 4

Posted

-2.3c here atm,coldest temp ive recorded so far of this year 2014 and winter. Great to see cold nights like this again after what happened last winter.

I see more winter is over posts in the Mod thread and here we are in Ireland and Britain having some decent enough winter weather in my book atm :fool:  ,granted this little spell will be shortlived but still nice to have it imo. I love this weather type.

i can;t remember having one frosty night last winter.

• Like 3

Posted

was thinking the same Sundog, sometimes people need to look out their window at the here and now rather than chasing phantom easterlies
  • Like 2

Posted

Got up to a balmy 3.9 today, now back down to a relatively warm -1.7 after last night's -3… Love this winter weather!!! No fog here BTW, clear and crisp!!!

• Like 1

Posted

Mullingar has been reporting <50 m visibility in the last few hourly synops, and temp/dp most recently -4.9/-5.6 °C at midnight. It's reported Light Snow but that is most likely instrument error.

AAXX 29001 03971 17190 /0000 11049 21056 30269 40401 53004 69901 77187 88///

333 88/01

• Like 1

Posted

-3.5C the low so far tonight. Max of just 2.2C yesterday too. Winter has arrived!

• Like 1

Posted

What a night! We are definitely in the freezer! Everything frozen solid the past 2 days especially tonight! Finished work and Derry City centre like an ice rink! Bodies flying everywhere. Comedy gold. Lol.

• Like 1

Posted

-4.3C was the low overnight, currently -3C. Mullingar is at -7C on the 9am reports on Met Eireann!

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

• Like 1

Posted

Got down to -3.5c here,definatley the coldest Decembers night since December 2010,and coldest temp ive recorded since Feb 2012.

Havent seen a frost this severe for a while,current temp -1.6c.

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

- 8.8'C at Kate's bridge Co. Down last night .. here -7'C .. just drained my well pump .. not a minute too soon .. slush forming inside and the intake pipe frozen solid . A max yesterday of !'C . Proper cold . Not good for my watercress :cold:

• Like 4

Posted

overnight low of -5.1c, coldest night ive recorded since december 2010. what a frost this morning!

current outdoor temp 1.3c.

• Like 1