Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland & The Far North Of England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

O great. Just magic. I really don't like high winds, not since my skylight got sooked oot lol

Posted

Been quite a decent morning here so far,although downhill all the way from now on as persistent heavy rain moves in and getting quite dark here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Moderate rain here in Darlington looks like its going to be later today before the wind starts to pick up

After today it doesn't look a bad week

Posted Image

Don't be fooled by the strong winds tomorrow UV levels will still be high tomorrow afternoon at around 6

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Radar says heavy rain, top of head says a bit of light pishy stuff. Same old story, has to come from the firth to have any intensity. Could perk up later apparently.

Crikey that was some rain for Shetland!!

• Like 1

Posted

It's turned rather vile. Rain beating down although still not really got the wind yet

Posted

Moray met office warning now amber.  Hope Elgins new flood defenctees cope.

Forres ones too almost complete. Heavy  rain here in the last few hours with a NE wind starting up Currently 14.2c.Ripe crops everywhere,  will be  a  few anxious farmers around in the next 24 hours

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Horrible rain most of the day and now the wind is starting to pick up.

Posted

Very bad night here almost torrential rain and strong NW wind not much sleep tonight.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Keith Show has been cancelled today, due to the weather in Moray

• Like 1

Posted

Very bad night here almost torrential rain and strong NW wind not much sleep tonight.

Crops have been flattened rivers flowing down fields and roads here and we are up the hill. Must be awful on lower ground Local burn is at the top of its banks and it is still raining.Harvest is going to be a slow tortuous job unless we get really dry weather.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Crops have been flattened rivers flowing down fields and roads here and we are up the hill. Must be awful on lower ground Local burn is at the top of its banks and it is still raining.Harvest is going to be a slow tortuous job unless we get really dry weather.

Did some parts of Scotland get 3 inches of rain? :shok: Or is all that for today? :unknw:

Posted

Just heard on the radio 17mm ? recorded at Kinloss overnight  Reckon we have had bit more as we are higher up.

Posted

I had 47.8mm since midnight

That seems about right as local neigbour says he had 2 inches in old money in the same time frame.Water is coming down vented chimneys but shoud soon stop as weather is clearing much to my relief.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 1

Posted

Jeez haven't had this much rain in such a short spell for a long time: a poorly-placed rain gauge has overflowed at 50mm since y'day morning and it's still hammering down on and off.  Just been looking at the SEPA website for river levels and there are some shockers in there from all over the country, esp Highlands and north-east.

I looked out the window in the middle of the night to see a BT cover bubbling in the street, almost looked like a geyser. Phone still on the morning though!

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 1

Posted

That seems about right as local neigbour says he had 2 inches in old money in the same time frame.Water is coming down vented chimneys but shoud soon stop as weather is clearing much to my relief.

lossiemouth has had 85mm in 24 hours. Hope it clears up soon

Posted

lossiemouth has had 85mm in 24 hours. Hope it clears up soon

Dunno how reliable the data are, but NW radar accumulated rainfall is currently showing some places within about a 50 mile radius around Inverness to have had around 200mm in the last 24 hours. Crikey - if true!

from twitter... 

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Been down here in Deal for 4weeks now and I must say I cannot fault the weather. It has indeed been glorious and at times just too hot! X Bertha knocked it on the head though but luckily most of the heavy stuff was overnight here, which left us windy and showery after lunch with still some warmth in the air. Today is cooler and still breezy with some thunder rolling around these parts as I type. Certainly not complaining though as 4 good weeks out of 5 isn't bad  Certainly better than I could have wished for.  Really don't know what these south  easterners complain about at times. Soon be home though to partake in what I'm reading as decidedly cool and wet! Ah well, helps to get acclimatised for the approaching winter............

Posted

Dulnain still going up apparently, looks like the Carr Bridge will get overtopped on both sides! There's an old photo of that happening in the filling station beside the river! Hope no trees come down or it could be curtains for the bridge which would be a disaster for the village.

• Like 1

Posted

Just heard on the radio 17mm ? recorded at Kinloss overnight  Reckon we have had bit more as we are higher up.

Misheard in tractor I think it was 77m. Unbelievable .They are trying to reinforce the burn bank below us but if it wants to come out it will as soil is loose and will be swept away. We have some hay sheds flooded but will have to let water suside to check damage.The biggest worry is the crop as malting barley nowadays has low dormancey and will easily germinate in the head. Modern combines will hopefully rescue the tangled mess. Neeps loving it!!!!

Posted

Misheard in tractor I think it was 77m. Unbelievable .They are trying to reinforce the burn bank below us but if it wants to come out it will as soil is loose and will be swept away. We have some hay sheds flooded but will have to let water suside to check damage.The biggest worry is the crop as malting barley nowadays has low dormancey and will easily germinate in the head. Modern combines will hopefully rescue the tangled mess. Neeps loving it!!!!

C'mon, NL, farmers are allowed a bit of exaggeration, but 77m  :shok:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

So the forecast is correct, parts of scotland are getting flooded! :shok: Bertha will hopefully be gone by tomorrow!