Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland & The Far North Of England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Still pretty overcast here. Hoping something peps up this afternoon and gives us a little lightning and then its all eyes on tomorrow. Looking good so far for me!! Not sure if the really severe stuff will make the journey north but we are still in for a rough ride, just gimme frequent lightning for once!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Up to 25.3'C here, temperature really climbing with the longer spells of sunshine and lack of wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Surprisingly it's 23.5c but it's very cloudy and windy so feels like 19/20. Very average

Posted

Skies starting to darken to the south east now, the radar does have one potent cell further west so hoping something intensifies overhead...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

Skies starting to darken to the south east now, the radar does have one potent cell further west so hoping something intensifies overhead...

i just came in and noticed that on radar it does look interesting and hopefully it can develop its showing some sferics on radar as well.

Edited by Buriedundersnow

Posted

that will be the distant rumble I just heard then

• Like 1

Posted

skies getting quite menacing to the south I have little low level clouds popping up here ahead of it they look like scud clouds but not sure if they develop this far ahead or not

Posted

That small gap on the radar which barely got any rain over West Lothian... that's me :rofl: One rumble and 2 minutes of light rain...

Edited by Ross B

Posted

That didn't last long. No rumbles and ground barely got wet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

howdy! (and help) In Kent and I can't move for the heat! It has just become hotter and hotter since our arrival on Saturday.

I actually feel the heat is at a rather dangerous level at the moment as it's far too intense to walk about or sit about outside. 

Will just have to wait and see if we get any thunderstorms but I think with all this heat it's a given.   32c today!

:help: https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=IlrJU-2iE8LH8geXzYGgCg&gws_rd=ssl#q=temperatures+in+south+east+kent+today

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Got really overcast late afternoon then the sky turned very black. Wind pepped up with lots of gusty winds. About 5 spots rain and now it's bright again with some sun peeping through again!

Posted

howdy! (and help) In Kent and I can't move for the heat! It has just become hotter and hotter since our arrival on Saturday.

I actually feel the heat is at a rather dangerous level at the moment as it's far too intense to walk about or sit about outside. 

Will just have to wait and see if we get any thunderstorms but I think with all this heat it's a given.   32c today!

:help: https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=IlrJU-2iE8LH8geXzYGgCg&gws_rd=ssl#q=temperatures+in+south+east+kent+today

looks like you might get some storms in the next hour or two from looking at radar theres something working across the channel

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all, cloudy and grey again, 15c. Today looks poor but things should start to pick up again tomorrow onwards.

I was just looking at some stats and one thing I'm longing to see is a summer (i.e. June, July, August) with above average sunshine here in NE Fife. Despite last July coming in at 102% of the average, both June and August 2013 were below average meaning the summer as a whole came in below average to add to the long run of poor summers 2007-12.

June 2014 again was poor here with only 67% of the average sunshine hours. July has been decent so far but looks unlikely to make up the June shortfall. We're counting on a sunny second half of summer to break out of the rut of less sunny than average summers.

Posted

Rumble of thunder and some heavy rain...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Rain just started here. Feels lovely and humid:)

Posted

Just a shower. Rain off soon after it started. Quite bright. Seeing lots of bright echoes on the radar.

Posted

The look of the clouds hasn't changed much, but just had a heavy burst of rain so something has arrived. No thunder or lightning though. Plenty sferix as evidenced though on my MW radio. Airport forecasting a storm - we'll see if it materialises.  

Posted

Just rain here...............so far (but not a lot)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer

Torrential rain Aberdeen now, but no thunder with it.

certainly plenty plenty T+L to the south of stonehaven I think Aberdeen will just see this few mins of heavy stuff then a break looks likely for a few hours wether the nasty stuff in the north sea to the south east of us tracks our way is unknown  has someone built an Aberdeen storm shield? storm to the north storm to the south cloud splits as it gets close to Aberdeen maybe we,ll get lucky later

Edited by drm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer

Looks like there is a Granite City lightning shield! :D  Strikes to the S & E but the main action is staying offshore. ABZ has taken the TSRA warning off the forecast.

I blame Donald trump :rofl: