Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Fingers crossed, Think I may get an early night as that enormous MCS over France looks like it'll head up here in the early hours, catch a few winks before it goes bang and wakes me up, lightning app primed to set of phone alarm at 10KM notice :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Fingers crossed, Think I may get an early night as that enormous MCS over France looks like it'll head up here in the early hours, catch a few winks before it goes bang and wakes me up, lightning app primed to set of phone alarm at 10KM notice :D

What app`s that? *loads up Google play store* :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Evening all, id be lying if I said I wasn't excited about tonights storm chance :) hope everyone is well been a beautiful few days here Crispin in the sun...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

That thing is colossal. And it stretches all the way back to the Spanish border..... Yikes! One hell of a thing.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Woah that French thing..just look at how much it has grown.. Look at the animation over last hour. At that rate surely it may disperse all energy before it gets to us? Feeling very muggy here tonight. Extremely still outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I think Kent will miss out. Harumph!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

I have seen a few of the familar videos being shared around, the Hitler misses the storm one and the 1994 MCS video!Really nice night out there im having a little bonfire whilst enjoying the evening after a bbq.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Same, lots of concern about it dying out too over on the convective thread, strike count seems to be dwindling and there's hardly any progression into the channel ¬_¬

Posted

Just got to hope it dies and doesn't come here. Loving the weather but the potential storms are ruining it as always!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Nice! There's a couple I wish I'd filmed over the years - three storms in particular, the most recent being last July. That was a cracker! Another in August 1996 (that led to significant flooding in the town as a small stream burst it's banks) and then also the breakdown of the heat wave in July 2006 when I was on holiday in the New Forest.

Kicked myself last July, had an epic overnight storm here but never went out with the camera!I remember the August 96 one's too.Fantastic lightning in the afternoon with a green tinged sky dumping lots of hail.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Fair and warm evening here, dry and calm :)

• Like 1

Posted

Are we here on the south hampshire coast the only ones to have just had a really exciting storm then? We were on the beach watching the lightning over the isle of Wight at around 9 pm...came home when it died down..then lying in bed at around 11 pm heard some thunder followed by all the lights going out and a massive thunder bomb right overhead...seriously scary! Rains stopped now but im still shaking....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well time for sleep I think, well try to anyway as it's 27C in my room  :nonono:

Some signs of the rain heading more north instead of north west out of France now so maybe some places might get woken up later in the night.

Posted

Just see my first strike, no thunder though, was looking towards the south coast when I see a flash northwards

Netweather radar shows it over Billericay, lightening maps show it between Chelmsford & Witham 

Posted

Gonna start looking north now, cant' see super duper from the south!

Looks like Chelmsford is taking a downpour, Netweather radar shows the strike for Billericay, but I see it directly north, so taking it as Chelmsford / Witham like lightening maps shows 

Here's hoping for more :)