Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Sun is shining here and it was dark at 2am this morning when i was up not feeling too well which must have been down to too much gardening :)

It will be a great result if it stays dry today and the rain starts just as we go back to work rather than the other way around.

For another reason I just came across some photos of December 2012 when we had all that snow just before Xmas then you look out of the window today and can appreciate how wonderful our weather can really be.

Edited by chris mantle
  • Like 2

Posted

Just to clarify a few things about this thread (and to a point the other regionals + the rest of the forum). The undertone of unpleasantness between some members needs to stop here and now - we will take a zero tolerance approach to any further public bickering, sniping, name calling or disruption of the thread. That means if it happens, the person(s) involved will instantly be stopped from using all regional threads - regardless of what may happen in terms of the regional layout once we've stopped discussing it in the other thread. 

What is fine in this thread?

• Posts about the weather in the region - reports, forecasts etc
  • Posts a bit about the weather, a bit about life, banter etc
  • Posts which are light hearted, banter, chat, and not too much about the weather - but more as exceptions to the rule rather than the gist of the whole thread. For out and out banter please head over to the lounge. 

What is not fine in this thread?

• Posts complaining about the content of other posts
  • Posts complaining about other members
  • Posts complaining about how other members have been upset/annoyed etc by someone else.
  • Posts digging, sniping, being sarcastic or generally being unpleasant about other members, their posts etc.
  • Posts which are designed to or simply do disrupt the discussion or atmosphere of the thread in any way.

I'd say at this point in time 99+% of posts are fine, but it's that <1% that has to stop. People who think there is a problem, think another member is out to cause a problem or anything else - this thread is not the place to make that point - you have the report button on posts, profiles and pm's to alert the team to anything untoward. You can also pm me and any of the other team members should you have concerns, questions or feedback. 

Obviously we have an ongoing discussion about the layout of the regional threads with an aim to get something resolved this week so please take time to have a read of that and get involved - particularly with a view to having larger region areas over summer. Obviously it got a bit heated in there as we did close the regions prematurely yesterday which I apologise for, but hopefully we can have a decent discussion about things over the next 7 days. 

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/80194-regional-threads-changes-for-summer/?p=2964356

Paul

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

Only been out as far as the gate to put the bins out and amazed at how warm and sunny it is (it is light ;-)) and already into double digit temps, keeping an eye on the weather though as I need it dry to allow some small outside jobs to be completed.

give me 5 grand, used notes.....and I'll think about it! ....lol

I can stretch to a fiver (shall we have a fund raiser?)

Whatever your all doing today, if you have the day off then I hope you get to use it well be it fun or to just get that pesky job you keep putting off done ready for the summer when you can then lounge in the sun and relax :)

Edited by Osbourne One-Nil
We really need to just use this thread within the guidelines set out by Paul. It's as simple as that!
  • Like 2

Posted

Hi all

Hope you all have a great day whatever you are doing today

I'm being lazy at present

Lovely ;-)

Sunny and I think its warm

John

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Today is shaping up to be another corker!

16.4c already and only a few very very high clouds, got all my veggies in yesterday so they will be getting a bit of a treat :D

I think I may see 19c if I'm lucky!

Other conditions:

1014.9hPa and slowly dropping

Humidity 55% 

0.0mm rainfall since midnight

Todays min temp 4.6c @ 5:10am

Edited by Essex Easterly.
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Lovely warm day here. Sunny with hazy sky.

If anyone in our region is without internet....here's why.

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/update_services_back_online_for_sky_telephone_and_broadband_customers_1_3585615

Have a good day everyone. :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL

I went away for 2 days, came back last night ...and you were gone  :shok: .

I know I'm only echoing other sentiments but I've enjoyed getting to know people's (online) personalities and it will be a loss for me should I not get to 'see' you for the rest of the year. I tend not to notice any disagreements unless they're too obvious and I'm sure the most other don't either - we simply come on to share our weather obs, have a look at what some of our very talented fellow 'regionnaires' make of the models (JP & Tamara to name but a couple) which helps us to plan different aspects of our lives, read Abruzzi Spur's poetic way with words, lenjoy BJ's lovely photos of my home county. I would like to name check every one of you who helps make me feel like I'm part of a community - that's all of you. Not just the members that post every day but all of you, whatever you have to say. Glad to have you back, even if it's not for long.

Sentimental moment over! After a very sunny start, cloud is staring to build. Warm in the sun but there's a noticeable breeze keeping the overall temperature feeling a little cool. 

Enjoy your bank holiday everyone  :)

• Like 8

Posted

I am about to set off out for a short stroll to the postbox, and since it is such a nice sunny day I may take the long route and enjoy this warm sunshine while we have it, also still dry and rather calm.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Lovely sunny day here, feels warm!

Thought it was meant to get colder? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

18.4c here feels really warm! 

Hit 19.1c earlier at 1:21pm 

If only the cloud would shift I could see 20-21c :p

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

18.4c here feels really warm! 

Hit 19.1c earlier at 1:21pm 

If only the cloud would shift I could see 20-21c :p

Got 21.2c here in London, but the cloud is now rolling in!

• Like 2

Posted

Well I had my stroll into town, posted my letters (long route taken to enjoy the good weather) and it remains a fantastic and warm sunny day here, some cloud has moved in now and bit of a breeze has gathered, but none of this has spoilt an otherwise great day weatherwise for the time of year.

18.3oC out in the shed so never made it into the twenties, shame but I am that bit further north and west.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Well I had my stroll into town, posted my letters (long route taken to enjoy the good weather) and it remains a fantastic and warm sunny day here, some cloud has moved in now and bit of a breeze has gathered, but none of this has spoilt an otherwise great day weatherwise for the time of year.

18.3oC out in the shed so never made it into the twenties, shame but I am that bit further north and west.

London is usually a degree or two warmer, the sunshine is hazy now and the temps are dipping a little though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Currently 15c here. Still warm but clouded up, hazy but fresh scent in the air. Nice. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Lovely hazy sun here. Nearly all packed, and then Texas in 3 days, 18 hours..... Looks to be some very interesting weather to come, and if not, I can live with a 38c heat in the plains in the meantime.

• Like 3

Posted

Evening All. :)

Today's weather, reflected the mood of "Regional threads - changes for Summer" :p

Have a nice evening, it will turn unsettled. As a front encroaches from the west.

Posted

Cloud and quite a bit of a breeze here now, cooler but still rather mild so should lead to a mild night here, but the spectre of rain is looming for later this night.

Posted

After a lovely sunny morning in Sussex, with increasing cloud from the approaching low as the afternoon wore on, there were some interesting cirro/altostratus species visible from the train on the way back. West-central London is now almost completely cloudy, warm and rather humid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening, been away all weekend but it appears there was some commotion about the regionals. Glad to see they are still here (for the time being at least) :)

Fantastic weekend and spent a lot of it outside with my girlfriend and her family. Couldn't ask for better weather really. Today and yesterday were especially nice with the pleasant late Spring warmth.

Back to work tomorrow and it is supposed to rain. Nice to see the weather playing ball ;)

• Like 2

Posted

tomorrow

Posted Image

a weak westerly flow

rain early

Posted Image

but then patchy pm and some sun possible too

temps

Posted Image

14-16 degrees

if you get some sun late pm you may squeeze slightly higher numbers

guys i am going to take a few days out

until this thread situation is sorted out

please pm me if you want a chat

talk soon

john

• Like 8

Posted

tomorrow

Posted Image

a weak westerly flow

rain early

Posted Image

but then patchy pm and some sun possible too

temps

Posted Image

14-16 degrees

if you get some sun late pm you may squeeze slightly higher numbers

guys i am going to take a few days out

until this thread situation is sorted out

please pm me if you want a chat

talk soon

john

Hi JP. Don't leave us numpty's in the dark mate, we rely on you. Pm me fella

• Like 4

Posted

It is mild. dry and rather breezy at a temp of 14.9oC

Rain expected later though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Quite the band of rain looming to the west of us, my rain alarm has gone off already, looks to be some quite heavy pulses in there, but alas no lightning. Managed to catch the sun today just sitting in the haze! Hope it'll clear by the morning or it's a soggy commute!

• Like 1

Posted

Been keeping my female cockatiel company as she does not seem to be well  :(

Seems dry out still, cooler mind and a tad breezy

• Like 1