Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Thanks for the concern, BB. Thankfully I realised what the pain was before I did anything like rubbing my eyes or preparing food.

After a mostly clear day, it's somewhat murky now. Jupiter is only just visible.

Thanks for the advice about keeping out of the Sun NNW.

Edited by Crepuscular Ray
  • Like 1

Posted

Posted ImagePosted Image

http://www.newx-forecasts.com/nao.html

keep watching these

lets say it would be better if these were going positive now

gfs 12z ensembles

Posted Image

around average and wet

ignore gfs op from the 15th as a big warm outlier

sorry for not posting too much here lately

been side tracked of late

will post more now

glad to see people posting again so soon after our summer break :rofl:

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

After a cloudy miserable morning here in E Sussex, the afternoon became shirt-sleeves glorious. I do wish one of my parents had mentioned that the weeds I was pulling up bare-handed were seedlings from the euphorbias next door, though. How long does an allergic reaction to euphorbia sap take to wear off?

Hope your OK and would have thought such a thing should be controlled? no?

Just put the bins out and still rather mild out of the cooler breeze here and we have stars (so cold later maybe then).

• Like 1

Posted

Hope your OK and would have thought such a thing should be controlled? no?

Just put the bins out and still rather mild out of the cooler breeze here and we have stars (so cold later maybe then).

I saw stars and the moon, but both were hazy.

Night all, have a good kip and I'll look forward to tomorrow on our favourite thread :pardon:

• Like 3

Posted

evening fax update

thursday

Posted Image

a breezy westerly flow

temps

Posted Image

not cold

15-17 degrees

rain

Posted Image

a chance of the odd rumble in the heavier bursts

again a shade too soon to be specific at present

looks wet for all at present

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

friday

Posted Image

that looks potentially very wet

however as with all lows showing its better to wait a couple of days to be more firm with this

regards

john

• Like 2

Posted

Well it's good to be back, for how ever long that may be.

I was getting withdrawal symptoms :) Great updates JP as ever, what would we have done - without your input, it is invaluable :good: This thread will not go out without a fight :-)

Chilly night beckons, Night all

• Like 4

Posted

hi daniel

no probs mate :good:

goodnight :lazy:

i am waiting for the 12z ecm ensembles then will go be beddie byes

• Like 1

Posted

Dry and hazy here now, lot cooler out too but remains dry and mostly calm :)

• Like 2

Posted

hi bb

hope your well

i will keep em coming :good: :good:

was wondering whether to drop my range on the fax to 2 days ahead and put more info on them

any thoughts guys??

and to piggie palace :give_rose: :give_rose:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Hi AllSo glad we're back open for business - however short that may be.

Firstly - I'm ever so sorry to everyone if my unfortunate faux pas last night contributed to earlier events this morning. I've put my contribution/thanks/apologies on the new discussion threadSecondly - Thank you Mr Pike for coming back and yet again providing an IMBY analysis of the next few days- (tomorrow I now plan to decimate the rest of the creeping buttercup/dock before it gets wet again)Another glorious day full of sunshine here (which surprised me as I was expecting it to be cloudy and much colder. today) It did get a bit chilly when the sun went behind a cloud later in the day owing to the breeze...and I have turned on the central heating this evening. My very young 3yr old wisteria has, for the first time since i planted it , decided to flower...and is doing so in profusion. Thinking back to berries and hard winters.......Does anyone know if this is anything significant weather-wise?xxx

• Like 3

Posted

hi bb

hope your well

i will keep em coming :good: :good:

was wondering whether to drop my range on the fax to 2 days ahead and put more info on them

any thoughts guys??

and to piggie palace :give_rose: :give_rose:

Hi JP. Personally speaking I find your 3 -4 day forecasts very useful but lets see what others say.

• Like 3

Posted

Hi JP. Personally speaking I find your 3 -4 day forecasts very useful but lets see what others say.

Agree BB...Its good to get an outlook past a few days.....keep them coming JP :good:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Hi AllSo glad we're back open for business - however short that may be.

Firstly - I'm ever so sorry to everyone if my unfortunate faux pas last night contributed to earlier events this morning. I've put my contribution/thanks/apologies on the new discussion threadSecondly - Thank you Mr Pike for coming back and yet again providing an IMBY analysis of the next few days- (tomorrow I now plan to decimate the rest of the creeping buttercup/dock before it gets wet again)Another glorious day full of sunshine here (which surprised me as I was expecting it to be cloudy and much colder. today) It did get a bit chilly when the sun went behind a cloud later in the day owing to the breeze...and I have turned on the central heating this evening. My very young 3yr old wisteria has, for the first time since i planted it , decided to flower...and is doing so in profusion. Thinking back to berries and hard winters.......Does anyone know if this is anything significant weather-wise?xxx

unfortunate?....I thought it was as funny as hell, you took years off Knocker last night! :laugh:

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

not been in much lately,have i missed something regarding our lovely forum,been a beaut of a day,great lunch with an old mate,then evening with the bro,drinking tea.looking like another gorgoeus day tomoz,shame i have to work,but my taxi wont drive itself,hope you all have a fantastic day

• Like 1

Posted

I am just glad we are all back (for now) and hope to keep it that way :)

stay safe my friends :)

still mild and dry here temps dropping mind.

• Like 3

Posted

cor had to put my heating on

i must be getting old

no comments please :D

i was thinking of doing slightly more in depth 2 day forecasts and adding more things

could not do that for the longer outlook as jax finger thumb would fall off :rofl: :rofl: ( only kidding)

i will leave it as it is for now but may do shorter dates when storms come into the equation

regards

john

piggie

i thought last night was funny too on here :)

the thing earlier had no relation to last night

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

just to add for future reference, it's been noticed that there is some seriously good photographic talent here in the South East, many look forward to the likes of Ian's (bjaykent) steve c's, and Tamara's photo's, to name a few....With that in mind, and also taking in the general feedback the site team have received today, why don't some of you also showcase your photo's in netweathers photography threads and also the netweather gallery?....A great way for your pictures to reach a wider audience as well as here in the South East region I'm sure you'll all agree :good:

Edited by ajpoolshark
sorting out some really bad spelling!
  • Like 4

Posted

just to add for future reference, it's been noticed that there is some seriously good photographic talent here in the South East, many look forward to the likes of Ian's (bjaykent) steve c's, and Tamara's photo's, to name a few....With that in mind, and also taking in the general feedback the site team have received today, why don't some of you also showcase your photo's in netweathers photogrpahy threads and also the netweather gallery?....A great way for your pictures to read a wider audience as well as here in the South East region I'm sure you'll all agree :good:

As long as we can stay open and showcase between us too :)

Edited by Jax
  • Like 5

Posted

ecm 12z london ensembles

Posted Image

no heatwave but pleasant

10th on though looks a shade chilly but with the spread on the 10th i will call that fi for now

wind

Posted Image

breezy but again the 10th shows a spread

rain

Posted Image

showing from the 6th but difficult call how much as the ensembles show a spread on the 8th

these aint great but its only may and they could be a lot worse

• Like 2

Posted

As long as we can stay open and showcase between us too :)

give me 5 grand, used notes.....and I'll think about it! ....lol

by all means, keep on posting your photo's here, but add to the wider audience if you want to as well!

back to the regional thread for a moment. As long time members are aware, there has been some friction in recent months, a few disagreements and also some personal issues that have escalated and spilled out onto the thread. In some ways, one could say that this comes part and parcel with having the close kind of community spirit that has been cultivated in this thread over the past couple of years, but also we should all respect each other as private individuals and thus know that there are lines that should not be crossed.

If members wish to share their personal experiences, for want of support, guidance, or just to have an ear to talk to, then it's all good, but please, in all scencerity bare in mind, that by sharing personal experiences, one can sometimes receive unwanted feedback, so please think carefully, sometimes the PM facility can be a better tool for this form of 'posting'.....On a personal level, from something of a skeptic as such, I've become quite touched by some of the real life situations that members in here are going/have been though, and in many ways feel quite priveliged to part of this quite unique openess and honesty.

From a site team perspective, I hope that today's events have opened a few people's eyes, this is a privately owned forum & site, yet as shown today, compromises and mutual respect means a lot all around and feedback is greatly appreciated....

Anyways, enough waffling from me, play nice, be kind, respect your fellow members, and I'm sure the regional thread will be arounf for a long time to come :)

• Like 9

Posted

hi aj

thanks for the above post

watch jax dont see it as you forgot to mention it was dark :rofl:

can you ban yourself ? :laugh: 

oh its 6 degrees and clear

and oh is dark

off now as bed time

goodnight all :lazy:

have a good bank holiday :drinks:

• Like 3

Posted

Morning all, beautiful day today, a milky sky, through which you can see contrails.

I think with all the debate that went around yesterday, I will go back to my lurker status as in my opinion my sort of posts are the ones which are so problematical, unfortunately I have a great interest in the weather, but no technical ability, therefore my input could only be very limited, so I tried to add some general observations and humour, which in hindsight was inappropriate. I'm too old and frankly too busy with work to learn weather forecasting etc, so I will come on here and read JP great posts, and see the wonderful photos. Finally thanks for all your kind comments, I will post if there anything relevant to post. Have a good un.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)

A pleasant start to the day here. I feel the sunrise would have been good, but I wasn't up early enough to see it (I wonder if Ian might be able to confirm?)  Tbh I think we're getting to the stage where you have to be pretty dedicated to see sunrises now, as the Sun rises at about 5:15 at this point.

Have an enjoyable bank holiday all. :D

PS CK, there must be very few who would find your posts offensive / annoying, so I would carry on contributing, if I were you. :)

Edited by Steve C
  • Like 4

Posted

Wow, it's lovely out there, temperature got down to 4.2 C last night but shooting up rapidly now.

Sun Shining, hardly a cloud in the sky

And I have to work.....

• Like 1