Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2014 thread

Posted

Yep, that's how it seems to be going for me, bar the odd shower on Sunday.

post-20773-0-31381700-1406289563_thumb.p

Not bad at all

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Wow! 27C at 1:15 and still climbing!! Today is gonna be a real hot day!! :clapping:  :yahoo:

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Barometer down to 35% humidity.

Posted

Barometer down to 35% humidity.

84% here at the moment with the onshore breeze. Such has been the persistence of easterlies since early spring that I've only recorded below 50% on 4 occasions, none of which were during the summer and the absolute low has been just 48%.

So quite a humid spring/summer here, if not exceptional maximum temperature-wise.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Topped out at 28C making it the hottest day of the year so far.

Posted

84% here at the moment with the onshore breeze. Such has been the persistence of easterlies since early spring that I've only recorded below 50% on 4 occasions, none of which were during the summer and the absolute low has been just 48%. So quite a humid spring/summer here, if not exceptional maximum temperature-wise.

Pretty amazing considering I'm not far off due west from you though I'm just as the Pennines start to rise.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cloudy in summer, sunny in winter.

I am sitting here waiting for supposedbly cooler atlantic weather yet everyday is a nightmare just hotter and hotter.

Temps i recorded this week (outside front door)

32C on fri 25

31C on wed 23

Edited by chrcoluk
  • Like 1

Posted

How often is 30C reached/exceeded in August, specifically in the south-east?

I think it happened last year and apparently it also happened in September too. Obviously 2003 is the extreme example (and maybe 2006 too?).

The official Met Office station generally reaches a few degrees higher than where I am, so I only managed 28.9 recently when the official station reached 32. I'd love to see a 30 in my dear old back garden before this summer is out. :p

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Finally we join the rest of the country in sunshine and warmth, at least we get one day of summer before the forecasted 'cool-down'..

post-5386-0-59799600-1406368776_thumb.pn

http://www.southshields-weather.co.uk/Today%27s_weather.htm

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

I am sitting here waiting for supposedbly cooler atlantic weather yet everyday is a nightmare just hotter and hotter.

Temps i recorded this week (outside front door)

32C on fri 25

31C on wed 23

Well it is not due until early next week. Seems your doorstep was the UK hotspot last week :)

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Some pretty horrific charts on show ATM. CFS is keen on an unsettled first 10 days or so to August but it is being quite persistent with the rest of the month being dry and warm/hot.

Hope the summer haters enjoy this cooler, unsocial able stuck indoors muck! Can't wait... :(

Edited by Costa Del Fal
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Some pretty horrific charts on show ATM. CFS is keen on an unsettled first 10 days or so to August but it is being quite persistent with the rest of the month being dry and warm/hot.Hope the summer haters enjoy this cooler, unsocial able stuck indoors muck! Can't wait... :(

Had your turn, now it's turn for fans of non hot weather, CFS is crap anyway

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

disagree about cool/unsettled weather being anti social, town/pubs etc usually quieter in sunny/hot weather at least here, does not keep people indoors

• Like 2

Posted

some people i know hate being in the sun anyway but then they moan when its dull and cool

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

The coldies/coolies/mildies whatever you want to call them will get their turn September-May. Us hotties get our turn in the summer. :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

But then beaches and parks and other outdoor venues are busier, and I'll be honest, sitting and having a chat in a park and getting some fresh air in the sunshine is a lot better than listening to loud drunks in a pub, whilst breathing second-hand cigarette smoke.

But smoking has been banned in pubs for years!

I don't want relentless Atlantic weather, but the heat of the last week or two has been unnecessary really. Low 20s is still perfectly reasonable for sitting outside in.

And I'm one of those who wants it to be January permanently. In the midst of winter I never yearn for the heat of summer!

Edited by Nick L
  • Like 1

Posted

And I'm one of those who wants it to be January permanently. In the midst of winter I never yearn for the heat of summer!

A man after me own heart - I'd sooner have the most un-wintery Jan than anything summer has to offer! Nick I'm really starting to 'warm' to you!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

Some of the people on here make me laugh. I get that people have different weather preferences but some of the posts on here are darn right selfish. This has been a great spell, but in the grand scheme of things it has been quite short.  You can have your Atlantic ruled unsettled muck from October/November right through to April or May. I wouldn't say it's been crazily warm or hot either. Most days have been sitting around 25c-27 on average. Quite comfortable and hardly horrible. 

I hate Winter, but I don't complain all the way through it saying I want or should have warm weather, I put up with it because that's what you expect in that season. Some people on here are complaining about Summer when we have two weeks of nice weather. Summer should equal settled and warm/hot weather. Not unsettled muck. 

While 22-24c is quite comfortable, it is dependant on a low wind speed. If you have 15mph+ wind with 22c it is lower than a comfortable outside temperature in my opinion.

I'm honestly surprised this spell is coming to such an abrupt end as I thought it would hold on for much longer. But I'm grateful we've had it all the same. 

Edited by matty007
  • Like 1

Posted

A lot of the time on this forum I see a lot of disrespect for other's opinions. Having different opinions is great and it's interesting to discuss them, but I don't understand why those discussions have to be so disrespectful. 

Anyway, I'm a little sad this spell is coming to an end, but at the same time I enjoy variety in weather so I wouldn't mind an unsettled spell. :)

• Like 1

Posted

Yes it does get repetitive 

Edited by TonyH
  • Like 1

Posted

I honestly don't know why I come onto this thread so often. It's just the same three people moaning, whining and complaining, with just the occasional positive post. To those three in question though, we get it! You hate summer, stop banging on about it! The more you bang on, the worse it seems, and because of all the moaning and negativity, this thread is just so damn depressing. I absolutely hate autumn with a passion, but I don't go into the autumn thread complaining and winging, therefore ruining it for all the autumn lovers. If you really want somewhere to moan and whine, start a "Summer Moaning thread" or something.

Rant over.

Ill use this post as an example, whereas it would have otherwise been deleted.

The big problem in this thread is people who think others are moaning, so then have a moan themselves and clutter the thread even more. If you don't like a post ignore it, if you think it breaches the rules, report it. Posts like this add absolutely nothing to the discussion.

• Like 4

Posted

I honestly don't know why I come onto this thread so often. It's just the same three people moaning, whining and complaining, with just the occasional positive post. To those three in question though, we get it! You hate summer, stop banging on about it! The more you bang on, the worse it seems, and because of all the moaning and negativity, this thread is just so damn depressing. I absolutely hate autumn with a passion, but I don't go into the autumn thread complaining and winging, therefore ruining it for all the autumn lovers. If you really want somewhere to moan and whine, start a "Summer Moaning thread" or something.

Rant over.

Crikey - who's ruffled your feathers?! It's called the 'Summer 2014 Thread', not the 'We Love Summer 2014 Thread And The Only Folk Allowed On Are Those Who Will Gush About How Great It Is Thread'. It's great for some and horrible for others - and I do believe that it's right to be able to moan and to explain why, against the perceived, totally fallacious notion that everyone likes the heat. We could be having another 2007 right now and I guarantee that all the summer-lovers would be suicidal, and folk of my ilk would be full of ourselves - but the weather of any season does not come with guarantees.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Crikey - who's ruffled your feathers?! It's called the 'Summer 2014 Thread', not the 'We Love Summer 2014 Thread And The Only Folk Allowed On Are Those Who Will Gush About How Great It Is Thread'. It's great for some and horrible for others - and I do believe that it's right to be able to moan and to explain why, against the perceived, totally fallacious notion that everyone likes the heat. We could be having another 2007 right now and I guarantee that all the summer-lovers would be suicidal, and folk of my ilk would be full of ourselves - but the weather of any season does not come with guarantees.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

• Like 3