Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Spring/Summer 2014

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Try Terminal Moraine! And myself for that matter!  :)

But as you say not good weather for moving, Apart from the Rain i hope it went well.

I think the north fared a little better than us Southerners :p 

It went well thanks, finally hand in the keys to the old place on Friday and onwards and upwards to Chelmsford for the next year. The weather does look better for next weekend.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

It went well thanks, finally hand in the keys to the old place on Friday and onwards and upwards to Chelmsford for the next year. The weather does look better for next weekend.

Yes, The turn of the Month is looking much more promising for settled weather. Hope you soon get settled in  

Posted

Welcome to Chelmsford ;)

Hopefully the tropical storm that's heading across the Atlantic (what's its name?) won't scupper the high pressure that the models are trying to forecast. 

Posted

depends what you call 'summer like weather' ,  and what you call 'winterlike weather' .... isnt march more frosty then december? isnt frost 'winter like'? what about march 2013? the coldest on record? when have we had a hot september that rivals that?

down to interpretation/perspective, i suspect that taking out our personal bias that theres probably as much 'summer like' weather in september as there is 'winter like' weather in march.

frosty weather only happens at night when people are asleep, a bit like when people moan in september that its too cool and dark in the evenings to enjoy the weather cos they have to work during the day when its 25c for example

i've had a few BBQs and sunbathed a few times in september as the sun isn't as strong which is a good thing not a bad thing, i don't ever remember walking or sledging in the snow in march, anyway FI still looks good for a pleasant spell of summer like weather next week, i actually enjoy warm sunny weather in september as the days aren't as long and it quickly cools down in the evenings unlike in summer, plus the light isn't as bright and harsh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

frosty weather only happens at night when people are asleep, a bit like when people moan in september that its too cool and dark in the evenings to enjoy the weather cos they have to work during the day when its 25c for example

i've had a few BBQs and sunbathed a few times in september as the sun isn't as strong which is a good thing not a bad thing, i don't ever remember walking or sledging in the snow in march, anyway FI still looks good for a pleasant spell of summer like weather next week, i actually enjoy warm sunny weather in september as the days aren't as long and it quickly cools down in the evenings unlike in summer, plus the light isn't as bright and harsh

there was plenty of lying snow and deep drifts in march last year....yes there might be a warm sunny spell next week.... ok for temps but it aint summer. the leaves are turning on some trees now, i noticed both lime and chestnut are  turning, some sycamore/maple speciese are reddening too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Astonishing stuff from the GFS 12z. Goodbye chilly northerlies, welcome back the 15c isotherm and summer heat!

• Like 5

Posted

Models looking great again for next month. Been a fabulous summer here apart from a few weeks with low cloud of the sea. 

• Like 1

Posted

Models looking great again for next month. Been a fabulous summer here apart from a few weeks with low cloud of the sea. 

I want it to be nice enough to head up the coast to your part of the country before the nice weather is gone for good. Dont think im too demanding. Low 20s and sunny spells will do fine. Thats what its been the last 2 times ive been up in Scarborough this year.

Posted

there was plenty of lying snow and deep drifts in march last year....yes there might be a warm sunny spell next week.... ok for temps but it aint summer. the leaves are turning on some trees now, i noticed both lime and chestnut are  turning, some sycamore/maple speciese are reddening too.

you take nature far too seriously, are you telling me you won't enjoy 25c next week cos a few leaves are going a bit yellow, i didn't get anything in march 2013 but im sure people that got 2ft of snow didn't give a toss about the daffodils and blossom on trees, anyway next week isn't nailed on yet we might get an easterly and it could be dull for eastern areas

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Some lovely charts on show again this evening schools are back next week so its no surprise to see our summer warmth returning September is quickly becoming an extra summer month these days

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Some lovely charts on show again this evening schools are back next week so its no surprise to see our summer warmth returning September is quickly becoming an extra summer month these days

a little weird for moaning thread for a summer fan! but yeah holidays over on thurs 4th

• Like 1

Posted

a little weird for moaning thread for a summer fan! but yeah holidays over on thurs 4th

It's a Ramp thread to!  :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Welcome to Chelmsford ;)

Hopefully the tropical storm that's heading across the Atlantic (what's its name?) won't scupper the high pressure that the models are trying to forecast. 

Cheers :)

Actually the tropical storm will be the driving force for high pressure to build as it engages the Atlantic jet and get caught up in the circulation of the upper trough sitting over Iceland/Greenland, hence builds heights north/north eastward ahead of this and over the UK. Not unusual to be honest as the Atlantic storm season kicks into gear, this generally pushes the jet northwards over our part of the world, this then gets cancelled out later on in the month and into October as the pole cools rapidly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Moans and Ramps thread

:)

• Like 1

Posted

Thank goodness June and July produced the goods this year though. I agree, the models looks really promising for the start of September.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I used to think it was the whining thread, do feel mind you we'll be looking at 30C sometime early sept

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Thank goodness June and July produced the goods this year though. I agree, the models looks really promising for the start of September.

The schools probably got a grand total of a week of nice weather before the autumnal August kicked in. Couldn't make it up if you tried.

Personally I'm hoping the high pressure doesn't hang around, 2009 was the last settled September past the first week, I hope this one follows suit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

you take nature far too seriously, are you telling me you won't enjoy 25c next week cos a few leaves are going a bit yellow, i didn't get anything in march 2013 but im sure people that got 2ft of snow didn't give a toss about the daffodils and blossom on trees, anyway next week isn't nailed on yet we might get an easterly and it could be dull for eastern areas

... ive explained quite fully what 'summer' is to me. i didnt say i wouldnt enjoy the warmth, but sitting out in a drab garden isnt the same as sitting out in a garden full of blooms, scents, birdsong. the sooner you understand that the sooner youll stop suggesting that i shouldnt be moaning about it on a moaning thread just because you didnt get any bloody snow! its not a childish game of who is worse off.

• Like 1

Posted

On that note, And for the umpteenth time regarding the few involved... Can we please stay on Topic, That is Moaning/Banter/Ramps based around the Models.

Many Thanks, PM

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 2

Posted

If only that high would shove it, there could be some decent thundery potential around the end of next week:

Posted Image

Just need some better alignment of the trough more to the southwest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

If only that high would shove it, there could be some decent thundery potential around the end of next week:

Posted Image

Just need some better alignment of the trough more to the southwest.

Would rather a couple of weeks of very warm sunshine before any breakdown occurs! Though a thundery breakdown would top off summer 2014 very nicely lol...
  • Like 1

Posted

Ahah! A less anticyclonic GFS and ECM run. Perhaps some room for convective activity by next weekend / following week.