Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 28/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Its been a lovely day here in Ippy. Sunny and warm with blue sky and a nice breeze near the river. :)

I still have good hopes for plenty of storminess later in the year.

Stunning photos and videos posted earlier. I particularly like the electricity pylons with sunrise. I LOVE pylons. I'm odd, I know. :D

• Like 1

Posted

Sunny morning in north-west/north London, but gradually clouded up during the afternoon. Temps made it to a pleasant 17°C in the early afternoon, but I did get rained on on the way home.

As far as the change to the "likes" went, I heard a vague rumour that people who "liked" posts unpopular with other members found themselves victimised afterwards, and it was decided to revert to the anonymous reputation system to stop it happening again. Probably no more than speculation, though.

Edited by Crepuscular Ray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Sunny morning in north-west/north London, but gradually clouded up during the afternoon. Temps made it to a pleasant 17°C in the early afternoon, but I did get rained on on the way home.

As far as the change to the "likes" went, I heard a vague rumour that people who "liked" posts unpopular with other members found themselves victimised afterwards, and it was decided to revert to the anonymous reputation system to stop it happening again. Probably no more than speculation, though.

yes you're right, pure speculation and one for the conspiracy theorists, as it simply isn't true.....the 'show like' facility was a trial, nothing more, nothing less, and like all trials, they expire.......and on with the discussion :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

They have been in abundance due to the great quality posts, I'm not easily pleased. This weather malarky is like a profession to some I love the passion :good:. Concerning the change, at first i was inclined that the implementation was a punishment. I do think the idea originated from the MOD thread - as we know it can get spicy in there. I have come to terms with the change. What Bothers me is that you need to have the hassle of checking someone's profile to see if they've been online. Some just skim through, and are too busy to post. Also there may be people that have grudges with you, but there is no way to identify. Fortunately you can't find out unless there is a bust up on this thread, which i hugely doubt :)

Why do you bother looking at others profiles to see if they have been online?
  • Like 1

Posted

Wish the arrow box was a touch bigger. It's smaller than the number box. That's not a problem unless you're short sighted like me and have to spend several seconds carefully trying to place the curser on it.

I have tomato overload in my home, desperately wishing for 10c at night so they can go out. Every year I hope it will be sooner than mid May and every year it doesn't happen. You'd think after decades of growing them I'd know by now.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Wish the arrow box was a touch bigger. It's smaller than the number box. That's not a problem unless you're short sighted like me and have to spend several seconds carefully trying to place the curser on it.

I have tomato overload in my home, desperately wishing for 10c at night so they can go out. Every year I hope it will be sooner than mid May and every year it doesn't happen. You'd think after decades of growing them I'd know by now.

Hi there, re. small fonts/boxes, I'll check with admin to see if there are any accessibility functions within the Invision forum software for those with impaired sight :)

• Like 1

Posted

Hi there, re. small fonts/boxes, I'll check with admin to see if there are any accessibility functions within the Invision forum software for those with impaired sight :)

Thank you  :give_rose: 

• Like 1

Posted

Thank you  :give_rose: 

sadly there are no facilities within the forum software to magnify text as such, but dependent on the web browser you are using, there should be controls with the browser settings to adjust font size...hope this helps

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 1

Posted

Just for information for those using this thread..

There are some of you who want to use posts in here to have little sly digs at other members who they may not get along with, if you don't stop now you will be stopped from posting, it's that simple. No-one is going to get on with everyone else, sometimes there may even be arguments and dramas between individuals, but that doesn't mean they have to go on and on, disrupt the thread and generally create hassles.

This is aimed at a very small minority, so the vast majority can safely ignore this post, but those involved need to take this on board immediately as frankly this thread is the only one with any ongoing issues such as this and it's getting completely tedious.

• Like 3

Posted

sadly there are no facilities within the forum software to magnify text as such, but dependent on the web browser you are using, there should be controls with the browser settings to adjust font size...hope this helps

Thank you for checking. As I have windows 8 now it may take  a while, took me all day to workout how to get on the internet! I'll ask my son to pop over and help his technically challenged mother who is stating to feel a lot older than her years!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Hold down CTRL and then press the '+' sign just to the left of the backspace button :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Evening all

Bit damp here, and mild, but the damp is not making it feel so if your out in the rain (like have been much of the evening).

Nearly saw the new baby goslings (six now, not that I saw that many), managed a peek at a few beaks, legs and a wing of them under a *very* protective mother so sorry no pictures yet, will try again at the weekend.  Oh and been offered an option on an allotment plot as a share that just may be linked with all this and more, time shall tell.

Already looking up options for taking on the baby geese (or some anyway), and adding some ducks and chickens as well (just like I did over 30 years ago as a young and excited pre-teen with a baby duck from school and parents that wondered WTF I was going to do next!)

Posted

Hold down CTRL and then press the '+' sign just to the left of the backspace button :)

That's brilliant! Thank you so much, I'm a happy Tadpole. Now can you control the weather and warm up the nights please 

My thanks arrow isn't working, (please consider yourself thanked) I get a message saying There was a problem storing your reputation vote.

Edited by tadpole
  • Like 2

Posted

That's brilliant! Thank you so much, I'm a happy Tadpole. Now can you control the weather and warm up the nights please 

Hold, CTRL + W + @ +£ +( +pgdn and reboot three times

will not change the weather but by the time you have done that three times you will most likely forgotten what you came here for :)

• Like 4

Posted

Hold, CTRL + W + @ +£ +( +pgdn and reboot three times

will not change the weather but by the time you have done that three times you will most likely forgotten what you came here for :)

lol....as well as probably knackering your computer!

I think it's similar to an equation that the GFS model programmers used to use....CTRL + W + ALT + weather ballon data = Blue Screen of Death......lol

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

11.2c here

Min of 7.8c @ 5:52am

Max of 18.1c @ 4:28pm

0.6mm of rain today

Pressure 1019.5hPa rising slowly 

89% Humidity

• Like 1

Posted

Hi all.....Nice day here today. Started off really nice with bright sun and clear blue skies. It clouded over as the day has gone on, but has always stayed bright and warm.Great pics bjaykent.Off out for my nightly run soon, I wonder how many gnat bites I will get tonight )-;On that note..... Does anyone know of any good repellant you can rub into your skin to stop the bites? Sensible answers only..... Haha

Skin So Soft from Avon, not an Insect repellent as such however very effective. Scottish midges also don't like the odour.Available from Amazon.Just returned from Basildon in steady rain and near deserted roads.

Posted

The thing is, we live in a democratic country. If you can't express your feelings without predujist what are we. Spitfulness and bullying should not be excepted. But a healthy argument so let it be.... I'm off for the night before I get banned (-; goodnight my fellow regionaires.

Skin So Soft from Avon, not an Insect repellent as such however very effective. Scottish midges also don't like the odour.Available from Amazon.Just returned from Basildon in steady rain and near deserted roads.

Thankyou
  • Like 1

Posted

weekend weather looks pap :(

Posted

weekend weather looks pap :(

Yep, it does.

Is JP away at the moment? I miss his weather reports.

• Like 3

Posted

Yep, it does.

Is JP away at the moment? I miss his weather reports.

back now I think and will (may) post a forecast this evening once the FAX falls out of it evening cradle.

• Like 1

Posted

Steady rain falling now... We have an abundance of snails invading the garden path.