Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 28/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Afternoon all. :)

Not bad weather here, even if it's a bit chilly.

I'm currently drinking in the Victoria in Colchester, which is quite pleasant. However there's a bloke here,who looks scarily like the old Miner 49er from the not so recent Scooby Doo episodes. If I make it out of here alive, I might post a picture later. :unsure:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Hi all, not been on for a while....still looking for a new contract. Pretty meh out there today but some nice sunny spells. Hope you are all well

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Not looking forward to the up coming weather, don't need rain :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening. Decent if cool day. Spent some time in lakeside shopping centre getting stuff for my girlfriend's family for tomorrow's Easter egg hunt.

ECM looks gruesome going forward. Hope it's greenies high is way off the mark.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Evening. Decent if cool day. Spent some time in lakeside shopping centre getting stuff for my girlfriend's family for tomorrow's Easter egg hunt.

ECM looks gruesome going forward. Hope it's greenies high is way off the mark.

What a beauty that Greenie High is, but what an utter waste of one. Who wants a Greenie in the spring?http:////d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/nonono.gifOur fine spring could turn to complete onions very soon!http:////d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/sad.pnghttp:////d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/cold.gifhttp:////d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/cold.gifhttp:////d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/cold.gif

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Been out in the park today and walked to the next village and spent the afternoon and evening with the family, home in time to get the washing in and watch HIGNFY and "out numbered"

cool but dry out and I know after tomorrow the weather will go Tango Uniform, shame really.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all

It's our last full day here in North Pembrokeshire, always a melancholy one.  The weather has been amazing, not a drop of rain for a week, plenty of powerful spring sunshine, chilly nights.  Strange to think that when we come back, last week of August, another summer will have almost passed, in and out like the tide.

Anyway, the first of the washes is on but before I start hoovering,dusting and cleaning (sound like Jax!) here are a few photos from around the Nevern estuary and Newport:

post-3098-0-98526100-1397893682_thumb.jp

post-3098-0-88343100-1397893747_thumb.jp

post-3098-0-65313300-1397893800_thumb.jp

Have a good weekend all

AS

• Like 7

Posted

Morning :)

Nice pics AS - never been to that part of the country, looks lovely.

Woken this morning to sunny spells but puddles on the road from a few passing showers. Looking at the radar there's a few more to come, hopefully they are few and far between as we are off to a lovely park called Kearsney Abbey today.

Also hoping the wind is a little less brisk than it has been - walking on the seafront yesterday was chilly! Here's a pic of mine from the walk:

post-5283-0-55624600-1397896175_thumb.jp

• Like 6

Posted

Morning all

Taken ages to get online this morning, pesky work lappy was killing my WAN connection, think I have sussed it now though.

Looks bright and sunny out here, a few clouds and so far no rain, early frost soon went as well.

nice pics being posted again :good:

Hope you all have a fine day and enjoy the remaining good weather before tomorrows wind and rain arrives.

Posted

Morning all,

Hope today is better than yesterday, it didn't get above 9.5 with a cool/cold North Easterly until after dark when, perversely, it felt warmer than during the day because the wind wasn't draining the heat from you.

Seen more sun so far than all of yesterday, so I live in hope.

But it looks all downhill tomorrow, although us in the North should miss the worst of the rain, but back to a nasty NE wind

ps AS, you know how to make someone jealous, looks lovely  --  although you did sound like Jax for a few moments http:////d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/wink.png

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather
  • Like 2

Posted

--  although you did sound like Jax for a few moments

I resemble that comment! http:////d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/wink.png

• Like 3

Posted

Looks great AS, gorgeous empty beaches and blue skies, you've got very lucky with the weather this week, particularly like the sun reflecting in your pint of beer, feeling quite thirsty although it is a little early in day yet!Posted Image

Photo taken yesterday lunchtime, honest!

Posted

Just blew up the toaster with a rogue raisin from the hot cross buns; husband tells me I can make do with the sandwich toaster - there is a chap who does not understand toast addiction!

Started the day with more blue sky than cloud, now it is the reverse. 11 degrees. Hope everyone has a lovely Easter weekend.

• Like 1

Just blew up the toaster with a rogue raisin from the hot cross buns; husband tells me I can make do with the sandwich toaster - there is a chap who does not understand toast addiction!

Started the day with more blue sky than cloud, now it is the reverse. 11 degrees. Hope everyone has a lovely Easter weekend.

Oh dear sorry to hear that Reefseeker, are you sure it wasn't a bad current rather than a rouge raisinhttp:////d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png .

Sunny intervals here with a temperature of 13.3c

• Like 2

Posted

Oh dear sorry to hear that Reefseeker, are you sure it wasn't a bad current rather than a rouge raisin.

Sunny intervals here with a temperature of 13.3c

think it raisin the temp too much.

• Like 2

Posted

think it raisin the temp too much.

Currant-ly inspecting the toaster, but it will definitely be raisin' to toaster heaven; more like rum and raisin later as some friends are coming around to try out our suburban version of St Lucia rum punch, pretty sure it won't taste quite the same as sipping it beside the beach....post-8993-0-20023700-1397921827_thumb.jp
  • Like 1

Posted

http://www.weathercharts.org/ukmomslp.htm

Hi all

Hope your all good

Been sunny here but chilly

Tomorrow looks like showers v early

Dry to late am then pretty yuk

Will do a better update later if I can get the I pad off my mrs

Best regards all

John

• Like 4

Posted

http://www.weathercharts.org/ukmomslp.htmHi allHope your all goodBeen sunny here but chillyTomorrow looks like showers v earlyDry to late am then pretty yukWill do a better update later if I can get the I pad off my mrsBest regards allJohn

That was a short break John, hope it was relaxing.

• Like 1

Posted

Why keep bees? Well, there's a nice feeling to getting your own honey, but unless you keep lots of hives, you will not make much money, so you do it as a relaxing hobby  --  until, on the first serious hive opening of the year you find there's a hole in your bee suit.

I think the total count is 18 stings including one really painful one on the skull, apart from a couple of stings on my right wrist, the majority are around my neck and chin.  As they say that bee stings are really good for arthritis, I should be able to talk to the day I die :winky:

Currently I's give David Coultard a run for the money in terms of a square jaw profile :sorry:

Only opened the bees as the weather was just cool enough to stop them getting really stroppy  --  wrong, the hole (in the crotch of all places)  :oops:  meant that several bees just walked up my trousers and shirt and stung me on the upper chest and chin. (At least the shirt was tucked in :good:

That's the second time that when opening a hive the little beggers have found a hole in the suit I didn't know was there, there's nothing more frightening than eyeballing a bee INSIDE the veil.

Ho hum, the good news was no queen cells and plenty of brood

The cool weather looks like getting cold and miserable tomorrow :oops:

• Like 8

Posted

Hi norfolk

Hope your well

I am still away in brandon

No main computer so cannot update properly

Looking at tomorrow the far north of our region may not see any rain until almost dark

Monday looks warmer around 16 degrees but a risk of some heavy pm downpours poss 18 local

Tuesday looks cloudy with rain more noticeable temps 14-16 degrees

Wednesday not cold but could see more showers

Overall a bit uninspiring the weather

However in any sun it wont feel too bad

Take care all

John

• Like 2

Posted

Hi norfolkHope your wellI am still away in brandonNo main computer so cannot update properlyLooking at tomorrow the far north of our region may not see any rain until almost darkMonday looks warmer around 16 degrees but a risk of some heavy pm downpours poss 18 localTuesday looks cloudy with rain more noticeable temps 14-16 degreesWednesday not cold but could see more showersOverall a bit uninspiring the weatherHowever in any sun it wont feel too badTake care allJohn

When the sun was hidden by clouds I felt I needed to hide indoors, been out in the open a lot today and I have one of those 'properly tired' evenings, but done some good work (and had some 'fun' as documented above.

Another day off tomorrow, so taking the granddaughter to the Sea Life centre at Yarmouth, so hoping the rain will hold off until late.

Brandon's not bad, bit flat there for my liking, but at least you are not (quite) in the Fens.  Bit hiilier in my neck of the woods, highest point in Norfolk is 3 miles away and is between me and the coast, so it's "Up and Down" if I'm heading to Cromer or Sheringham

• Like 1

Posted

Poem in April  ( i know it's derivative but it's a silly tribute to Dylan Thomas, and I hate leaving Pembrokeshire...  Sorry!)

It is my seventieth time

Of leaving here

And today I woke to skies of pale frost blue

On top, beyond, new becoming-green hills

Where gorse leapt out in youthful rush

To see me along a way

A path on estuary edge where tide

Stills not for a breath

And sands and birds and skies

Pull me west where weather waits

And turns

Me back a child again.

A later part of self-same day 

Older now I drive the lane like any

Lane but new this time

A child carried beside stone walls

Bamboo cane fishing net dries

Outside clifftop tents and vans

Next to baked cliff edge

Wild mushroom field, spun mackerel landed

Holiday held by parents' hands

And not so many remain.

• Like 8

Posted

Poem in April  ( i know it's derivative but it's a silly tribute to Dylan Thomas, and I hate leaving Pembrokeshire...  Sorry!)

It is my seventieth time

Of leaving here

And today I woke to skies of pale frost blue

On top, beyond, new becoming-green hills

Where gorse leapt out in youthful rush

To see me along a way

A path on estuary edge where tide

Stills not for a breath

And sands and birds and skies

Pull me west where weather waits

And turns

Me back a child again.