Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 28/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL

post-16109-0-01349900-1397985003_thumb.j

It's still going strong - I know storms were mentioned but I didn't think we'd see anything exciting here!

• Like 1

Posted

Radar has a few lightning strikes on that band coming up through the channel! Happy Easter folks, be nice to keep it fairly civil, and to echo AJ's post, if someone or something has been posted that you don't feel happy with, then either reporting the post or sending one of the team a PM highlighting your concerns might be a better course of action as oppose to a tit for tat argument in the public domain that may have left a bad taste in a few people's mouths.

Yep Jo Just had a rumble in the rain here too

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Happy Easter everyone. Raining in Ippy and dark, but smells lovely and fresh with a thundery feel. And it's chilly.

Hope you all have a nice time whatever you're up to this week end. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Not raining in Romford yet, but definitely feels close, the convective stuff seems a bit further west for us at least. :( oh well! Hopefully in 19 days the Plains will deliver some proper weather!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Very active thunderstorm! Moving east in a line from North Surrey to reading!!

yep, I posted in the convective thread....all about 40 to 50 miles to my east....fingers crossed storms will continue to develop as some modest CAPE & lift are progged for my neck of the woods and the storm cells are on a direct line for me trundling down the M4 corridor

• Like 1

yep, I posted in the convective thread....all about 40 to 50 miles to my east....fingers crossed storms will continue to develop as some modest CAPE & lift are progged for my neck of the woods and the storm cells are on a direct line for me trundling down the M4 corridor

Pretty nice storm just moving off now.. Over 10 flashes of lightning with some proper thunderstorm here's hoping today brings more
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

A dull and overcast one here, no rain so far and only minimal stirrings in the tree branches so safe to say not much of a breeze either, the shed temp sensor tells me it is 11.1oC outside.

Checking to current radar and forecasts it looks like the low is tracking further south than originally thought, which just may favour me as I am on the N/W cusp of the region, time will tell as we know how 'un-expected' our weather can be :winky:

As it looks like being drier for longer than expected I just may take a walk through the park then on to the village and see what goes with the family, and to see the cute chicks (nearly two weeks old now), still no word on any baby geese though :(

Hope you all are having a good weekend and whatever the weather please relax and enjoy it :)

(I saw the overnight posts, so not got any pants on the line this morning...)

• Like 3

Posted

Woke up to heavy rain, skies now 'white', presumably very high thin cloud. No thunder, bit disappointing as we must have just missed it judging by Surrey's posts.

Lots of Easter eggs to be eaten today. Enjoy everyone:)

Posted

And just checked the radar and looks like I will be seeing some drizzle/light rain soon, I already expected rain today anyway so will not make me change my plans.

Posted

As usual I'll be joining the NSC again lol

In the last year I too have got automagic membership of the NSC club (be they storms or snow).

Still dry here but seems to be getting a bit darker.

Posted

OH, wind and rain has arrived here now.

Same here, although the thunder and lightening action seems to be further south.  I am thinking of asking the Highways Agency to have their matrix signs divert any storms up the M25 then up the M1 rather than along the M4, sorry AJ.

Temperature here is up to a respectful 13.3c.

Posted

Same here, although the thunder and lightening action seems to be further south.  I am thinking of asking the Highways Agency to have their matrix signs divert any storms up the M25 then up the M1 rather than along the M4, sorry AJ.

Any plans to attend this years river fest in July? I may go as it is only a short drive for me, plus I have family in Kempston aswell.

Any plans to attend this years river fest in July? I may go as it is only a short drive for me, plus I have family in Kempston aswell

It's looking very likely as we will probably be there with the local hospital radio crew, once confirmed I will let you know as we could have a small net weather meet up :biggrin:

Rain now wetting the ground but not that heavy, temperature has fallen back slightly.

• Like 1

Posted

A NW meet up was in the back of my mind, MKSA could pop up and join in, along with any others that are willing to make the trip :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

the highways agency alas  didn't hear your pleas, as they were drowned out by the noise the thunder was making here a short while ago :winky:

Posted

I was in Kempston a while ago as I had to visit the Evan Halshaw garage (car was playing up) as that is where it is closest for me to get insurance repairs done (along with ACS near by).

Still amazed how much it has changed round there, the old Granada building gone, the Saxon Centre (used to be Thorn EMI IIRC) and as a child remember the coal wagons on the rail line queued up by the bridge when taking the A6 on a family drive to just north of the big smoke to see my grandparents.

Rain has stopped for now, will have a shower and wander in a while, but not for a while yet.

Posted

the highways agency alas  didn't hear your pleas, as they were drowned out by the noise the thunder was making here a short while ago [img=http://d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.png

We got caught in that storm AJ, as we neared Swindon the skies really darkened (that always happens near Swindon though) and then torrential rain, hail, lightning, thunder, wipers at full volume (up to 11), fog lights, the whole lot. Very lively for about 30 minutes until just before Reading when it eased back. At home now in Reigate where it is wet and not very inspiring and such a contrast to the just completed week in Pembrokeshire - a role reversal in weather if ever there was one.

Cheers all for various kind words

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 6

Posted

Afternoon. After a wet morning and afternoon here in East Sussex starting with the tip of the first band of heavy rain just catching Hailsham not long after sunrise (11 mm of rain in total), with no 'sferics to make things interesting, it's now gloriously sunny with a real washed-clean spring feel. Blackbirds wars have broken out in the back garden, sparrows are trying to invade the house and so far I haven't been attacked by wasps.

• Like 1

Afternoon. After a wet morning and afternoon here in East Sussex starting with the tip of the first band of heavy rain just catching Hailsham not long after sunrise (11 mm of rain in total), with no 'sferics to make things interesting, it's now gloriously sunny with a real washed-clean spring feel. Blackbirds wars have broken out in the back garden, sparrows are trying to invade the house and so far I haven't been attacked by wasps.

Sounds like a documentary that Sky would like making 'Blackbird Wars'

We are just seeing the rain arrive, maybe some heavier burst in a while before it clears through.

Posted

There's been plenty of very heavy rain in Reigate this afternoon, on occasions the view of the ridge of the North Downs from our house was entirely obscured.  The rain has stopped now and skies are brighter.  Amazing how much growth in the garden has taken place during the week we were away, matched only by the growth of my waistline resulting from pub lunches, and proper home cooking in the evening. 

AS

• Like 3