Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 01/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Checking before our check out of the hotel at Zell am See tomorrow morning. Due back at 14.30 and wondering what the weather will surprise us with.

Had some snow in the mountains for a few days, a poor winter for all though by many accounts. Snow machines have kept the resorts open and running very well (typical for Austria)

So at least i found out what snow feels like Posted Image

Still cant get the hang of photo uploading on an iPhone :/

lol ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Warning of Ice for London & South East England :

Hampshire, Portsmouth, Southampton, Isle of Wight, West Sussex & Surrey

Surfaces left wet from Monday's rain will freeze on Tuesday morning to bring the risk of icy stretches on untreated surfaces.

The public should be aware of the risk of difficult driving conditions.

Issued at:

2150 on Mon 3 Mar 2014

Valid from:

0005 on Tue 4 Mar 2014

Valid to:

0700 on Tue 4 Mar 2014

The low pressure area which brought heavy showers on Monday is moving away, allowing skies to clear and temperatures to drop, making ice likely to form on untreated roads and pavements. Cloud arriving from the west around dawn could bring temperatures above zero again.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

I am going to make bed, night all :)

Posted

96 fax

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

at 120

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

just showing these tonight

i will let make up our own minds

ukmo at 144

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

these look fairly dry

but how warm??

lets see what the models show tomorrow night Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Posted Image

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

shows snow at shoeburyness Posted Image

How on earth lol

I'm only 6-8 miles away and it's 4.8c here, moderate rain!

Fingers crossed Posted Image

• Like 1

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

probably due to the heavier bursts they

have had some

off to bed now but there is some heavy stuff on the radar at present

goodnight all

I was listening to BBC local radio last night and there was mention of someone driving down the A1 and seeing some snow.

It's -0.3c here this morning which is probably one of the coldest starts all winter, sorry spring.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all, looked out window and it's still dark :-) think we got a frost and it looked dry. The horrendous week of work has got worse, didn't manage to complete what I had to do yesterday, before I went to see a client who lumbered me with a load more, including a nice £100k order which is the size I like. I know I shouldn't moan, but my work load is just absolutely rediculous and what with trying to run the company as well, don't want to take more non earning staff on as the overheads are getting stupid now, might have to seriously think about closing our order books apart from our regular customers, that thought will upset a few people.

Think my day will be a mixture of panic and relief, panic over how I do it, relief if and when I work out how to do it, lucky it got a good secretary whose take some load of me. Just had the pleasure of reading all the contractual documentation for the great wedding party in 2 years time, makes a change all written in easily readable and sensible common English, makes a pleasant change, also no nasty stuff in there other than what you would expect. Sorry therefore no work for our legal eagle team.

Have a great day, and enjoy it.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning, nice frosty start this morning. Looks like a nice day today.

Had a progress meeting with my line manager yesterday which I was worried about, though I probably shouldn't have been as the feedback has been very positive. Back to the standard stuff today :)

• Like 2

Posted

Moaning all :)

brrr, chilly start today. in fact its one of the colder mornings of the whole winter. weather vane on top of the Institute for MEchanical Engineers in Birdcage Walk showing a southerly breeze and slight frost about. clear blue sky.

taking daughter to a football match this evening, she is playing in Harlow. hope its not too chilly then

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Morning all.  Cheeringly light at 6.45 when I was de-icing the car.  0oC all the way in to work.  Fat low red sun obscuring vision at times but, hey, who cares when the sky is that clear pale blue that lifts the spirits. Feeling almost human today...! 

• Like 4

Posted

Morning all!  A chilly 2.1c here this morning, with clear skies.  I don't know if there's been a frost as haven't been outside yet.

First order of the day....Happy Birthday to bjaykent!!!!!!!!!!  Have a very happy birthday today.

I have to take my youngest to the dentist today, to have 3 teeth removed.  You'd think I'd get used to torturing my kids, but no, I'm still dreading this. :(

Have a good day everyone, whatever you are doing! :)

• Like 5

Posted

Morning all,

Frosty start here within clear blue sky and sunshine - could we end up with mor frosts this month than we did all winter I wonder !

• Like 2

Posted

Morning all, looked out window and it's still dark :-) think we got a frost and it looked dry. The horrendous week of work has got worse, didn't manage to complete what I had to do yesterday, before I went to see a client who lumbered me with a load more, including a nice £100k order which is the size I like. I know I shouldn't moan, but my work load is just absolutely rediculous and what with trying to run the company as well, don't want to take more non earning staff on as the overheads are getting stupid now, might have to seriously think about closing our order books apart from our regular customers, that thought will upset a few people.Think my day will be a mixture of panic and relief, panic over how I do it, relief if and when I work out how to do it, lucky it got a good secretary whose take some load of me. Just had the pleasure of reading all the contractual documentation for the great wedding party in 2 years time, makes a change all written in easily readable and sensible common English, makes a pleasant change, also no nasty stuff in there other than what you would expect. Sorry therefore no work for our legal eagle team.Have a great day, and enjoy it.

"The Party of the First Part agrees with the Party of the Second Part to hold a party, paid for by the Party of the Third Part" 

I think, as you are the 'Party of the Third Part', that's all you need CK - and in proper legal language as well, none of this modern nonsense!

AS

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning all,

It was a very chilly 0 early this morning with ice scraping a plenty.....A nice start to the day with some cloud building later on....have a gud un

Posted

BJ, didn't realise you where a Dartfordian, born up the other hill so not proper Dartford, had to be born in livingstone hospital for that. Very happy birthday to you, hope you have a goodun.

Thanks AS for your legal advice, that's exactly what I thought I would have to read through, but no plain English, however I think I might send it off to our company solicitors (can't remember their name, so we call them £285/hour, can't think why that is :-) worth every penny) as the contract states a lower fee 10% than we where told! the young couple got excited and as I can't find their get out clause, so tempted to tell them to quickly sign and send it back, but no doubt there something hidden to dampen the excitement.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 3

Posted

Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day, la la la la la la la la, de de de de de de de!

Lovely morning out there, clear blue skies and because of the time of year, the skies even stay a nice blue in central London instead of that yellowing blue that covers the sky during the heat of the summer.

Happy Birthday Bjaykent, I hope you have a lovely day Posted Image

I guess I had better crack on with work - it's busy, but I have a weeks annual leave next week so all this extra work to clear up this week will hopefully be worth it!

Enjoy the sunshine Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Beautiful blue sky and sun here...but its a bit chilly.

We don't have internet now as its been disconnected and I've only got mobile connection. So please excuse mistakes. :)

Have a good day, everyone. :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Morning all,Frosty start here within clear blue sky and sunshine - could we end up with mor frosts this month than we did all winter I wonder !

I will only need three more frosts this month to beat the whole of winter. Was 0.8c now 11.5 c in London.

• Like 1

Posted

Happy birthday bJay !!

So after months of rain it finally looks like we are in for some settled weather.....lighter winds, no rain, sunny spells, temperatures in the low teens – it's certainly going to feel like spring has sprung !

I am very much looking forward to the weekend in the Cotswolds with Mr P - a sunny Sunday will be perfect but just the chance to enjoy some fresh air without getting muddy and soggy will be marvellous :-)

• Like 8

Posted

Morning everybody. Happy Birthday Bjay.

are we getting storms tday??

I flippin' well hope not. It is such a pleasant day here that I am taking what is for me is a very big step. I will be trying to go out for the first time in weeks. It had better not rain on my parade !!

Have a good day.Posted Image

• Like 7

Posted

Hi BB, I see you have been housebound for a few weeks.  I'm not sure if I missed the reason for this, but whatever the reason, I really hope that you can make the most of this beautiful day. :)

• Like 4