Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 27/2/14 18z----->

A.J

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Ah, that 's where the rumbles I heard were, tornadoman!  The cell slid past us giving a minimal amount of rain for about twenty minutes.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Had a few lightish showers pass over my location which then seemed to intensify and blow up to my west. Typical!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Bad flooding in Newbury on my estate and I imagine on others in the area too. Keep the reports coming as I'm sure there will be more tales of large rainfall totals and the inevitable flooding of land and property.

... And how's it now? Just got home and seen the blackend skies to the west having just passed. Judging by the amount of water running off the nearby field on Waller Drive, I suspect it produced some more serious rainfall amounts...?Ooh see what you mean about flash flooding..http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/2014/weekend-downpours-bring-on-flash-floods Edited by Polar Bear
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

They are talking  about the SW region in the storm discussion thread! How bad/good (depending on your view of thunderstorms) is the situation? No flooding I hope, you've had enough of that!

Posted

Well we managed to miss any real rain yesterday - just a very light shower mid afternoon. Surprising as it was positively steamy and we had very dark skies pressing in from the North and East.

Classic west country weather this morning , woke up to moderate rain, mild and drizzly currently with not a breath of wind. I sense there is more to come but as the saying goes 'rain before 7 fine by 11' so dogs can wait for a bit and then get a decent walk later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I would assume it's just surface water flooding, rather than river flooding?!

Sorry dec10, only just seen this. Yes it was typical temporary flooding where I was but the drains were still gurgling away this morning, it is getting better slowly. It was horrendous for several hours and we could do with dodging them for a few days now.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

... And how's it now? Just got home and seen the blackend skies to the west having just passed. Judging by the amount of water running off the nearby field on Waller Drive, I suspect it produced some more serious rainfall amounts...?Ooh see what you mean about flash flooding..http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/2014/weekend-downpours-bring-on-flash-floods

Thanks for the link PB, I wondered whether it could make the local press. We have received something like 3 inches over the course of six to seven days now so no surprise certain places got hit. Can we dodge the heavy stuff today and tomorrow or will we hit another three-digit monthly total? Part of me wants to see it and part of me doesn't, anyway some HP influence is to arrive by the weekend so it's not all bad.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Grand total of 0.6mm for last 24 hours.  April total at 89.6mm todate.

• Like 1

Posted

Moderate to heavy rain here for the past 20mins. Big drops too, so a good start.

Looking interesting for later on, although I suspect the bulk of the excitement will slide to the North and South of us.

Edited by jtay

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Clouds low and murky over Reading - thunder and some lightening. Thing is the radar isn't showing anything although I know there is a potent cell nearby - anyone else got probs with the NW radar?Claire 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A couple of pics that I posted in the convection thread, Corfe castle and some billowing clouds.

post-15177-0-50123500-1398772171_thumb.j post-15177-0-17160800-1398772134_thumb.j

15.2℃ now.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Have some really nice clouds bubbling up, but i dont think IOW will see anything today, maybe hampshire/portsmouth/southampton way, It is quite pleasant outside too.

July/August will bring some cracking thunderstorms, these old bones of mine do not lie :)

Posted

Posted

Posted

Those pictures make Corfe look even spookier than normal, Mapantz!  Great photos.

So far, we've had one very short lived and light shower that just dampened the ground.  Most of the action seems to be to the north of us and one cell to the south.  I've cut the grass, so it can rain if it wants!!!!

• Like 1

Posted

Missed it all again. I never get anything home grown here, and the big thundery showers all bypass me, even in the plumes, I missed out on all of those last year. Very disappointing!

Posted

A couple of pics that I posted in the convection thread, Corfe castle and some billowing clouds.

15.2℃ now.

Great photo of Corfe Castle - is that 'solarised'?

Several sharp showers here today but nothing spectacular - just normal April stiuff. Thought I was going to get drenched at Ringstead walking the dogs this evening but it petered out as the sun went down. A cracking evening and  birds in full song.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Beautiful sunny morning here on the island, tomorrow looking good for storms in the south

Morning Stats

7.0c and Rising

1011mb (Rising 0.9mb/hr)

Humidity 97%

Posted

Great photo of Corfe Castle - is that 'solarised'?Several sharp showers here today but nothing spectacular - just normal April stiuff. Thought I was going to get drenched at Ringstead walking the dogs this evening but it petered out as the sun went down. A cracking evening and  birds in full song.

It's an ultra HDR mode I think!A bit foggy this morning, not overly bad. It does look like being cloudy all day, which is a bummer!Currently 10℃ on the nose.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Foggy start. Sunny now. Broken cloud with only a very light breeze.  14.5c.