Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

A definite and obvious band of Cirrus moving in from the S/E now ahead of the next system. Still blue sky to the N/W with scattered Cumulus all over, so a really fine day which will see the sun turn hazier through the afternoon.

Same here, blue sky overhead, a shield of cirrus/cirrostratus approaching from the SW.

Current sky:

Posted

Been a lovely day so far, can see that Ci/Cs but it's mostly skirting south of here. Big looking storms just off Kent on the radar- could they get here? It's a long shot, but if stuff from the S and SW can't manage maybe the SE can show it how...

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Lovely warm sunny day max 19.9c, bit of a sea breeze lately.

Posted

Been a lovely day so far, can see that Ci/Cs but it's mostly skirting south of here. Big looking storms just off Kent on the radar- could they get here? It's a long shot, but if stuff from the S and SW can't manage maybe the SE can show it how...

according to the beeb this morning - the storms will come crashing across alot of Britain tonight and into tomorrow - so some night lightning coming our way a great possibility

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Good evening all,

It's been another decent day for us today although as mentioned by some of you earlier the milky cirrostratus has turned things hazy this afternoon but still pleasant enough.The cloud moving in ahead of a more unsettled few days to come.

The complex area of low pressure now starting to drift north from the Bay of Biscay bringing the rain towards the UK for tonight and tomorrow.

We can see from the latest fax and UK precipitation charts the expected picture in the morning.

post-2026-0-03706200-1400690064_thumb.gipost-2026-0-00959000-1400690096_thumb.gi

It appears that the south east quadrant will see the heaviest rain overnight but all of us look like getting some as the band  moves north through the region tomorrow.

Some drying out of conditions later but still with more rain or showers to come Friday/Saturday by the looks of the 12z charts.

Edited by phil nw.
  • Like 3

Posted

Pleasant day with good sunny spells and a high of 18.2c, currently hazy sunny spells and 18c.

Bank Holiday Sunday/Monday gradually seem to be trending for the better with just isolated/scattered showers now :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Just curious. But, do you know if wimblettben is ok?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

AM...wall to wall sunshine, PM...still sunny with a little cloud though, but in total... a lovely day it was....maxed at 20.6c.

• Like 1

Posted

unbroken skies and light winds in cardiff today.

a little bit of rain last night.

the rain today is showing all the rain moving along the norfolk coast.

weather forecasting needs to be improved or not worked upon until 12 hours out after the forecasts of torrential downpours all this week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Seriously weird skies here! Unfortunately, I'm not expecting much rain, it looks as though parts of Dorset and Hampshire will be right in the gap, I'd be surprised if I got any more than 5mm here.

Posted

Dont know where everyone is from Devon/Dorset area but the sky is Very black coming from the Dorset direction.

Posted

I think the fact is that the lower cloud arriving ahead of the LOW has coincided with sunset and has created some strange light effects with large contrasts between low sun in clearer sky and dark low Stratocumulus - well it has here anyway!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

The sky's looking pretty at the moment here. (No filters on this image)

Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

There was a very weird orange glow to the NW from here about an hour ago, right on the horizon, but to the east it was just uniformly dark grey.  I'm hoping that Mapantz is right about us being in a gap tonight.  Much as I love a good storm, I have plans for tomorrow morning and I would prefer that there is not localised flooding! 

Posted

Looks like parts of the far south west is going to get hit soon, this area seems to be in the gap though!

Posted

METO rainfall

Image 2 looks good for this area I may just stay up tonight as I don't have work tomorrow in the hope I see something of note, even if it;s just heavy rain!  ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Hope I have better luck imby in terms of thundery activity overnight compared to the other day, which was rubbish with just a few distant rumbles.

Posted

There was a very weird orange glow to the NW from here about an hour ago, right on the horizon, but to the east it was just uniformly dark grey.  I'm hoping that Mapantz is right about us being in a gap tonight.  Much as I love a good storm, I have plans for tomorrow morning and I would prefer that there is not localised flooding!

Don't count on it. LOLA gap of less intense rain will be somewhere, at the point of where the fronts are joined. It looked like Dorset was in that area, so we shall see! I do feel as though the total won't be above 10mm here though.

Posted

Don't count on it. LOLA gap of less intense rain will be somewhere, at the point of where the fronts are joined. It looked like Dorset was in that area, so we shall see! I do feel as though the total won't be above 10mm here though.

Love this reverse psychology thing!.. "I don't think i will see much".. but instead you will get a bucket load  :good:  I'm going to have a go ..

Right..." i won't see any precipitation at all, not even a drop, infact i might as well put the washing out"... how was that :db:

Posted

Could do with some rain here DWW, despite record rain during the winter. The garden is a bit dry and the pond needs a top up. :D

• Like 1

Posted

Looking at http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile some good echoes now in and around the Jersey area now, it's on the way :good:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

GORGEOUS Day here in Falmouth and spent the day in the stunning Helford Passage. Amazing place and looks more like the south of France. Hot in the sun. Now there is no thunder left tonight but it looks like were going to get a big soaking here soon! Thundery showers possible here tomorrow too.

Edited by Blizzards
  • Like 1